Imposing a bit

Old July 4th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Imposing a bit

I know that everyone is nearly purred out, but could you spare a few
for a couple of my boys? I've been begging the husband for years to
get rid of the mini blinds in the small second bedroom. He just blew
me off.

Well, this morning (at 6:15 am no less), he found out why I didn't
want the mini blinds. Our cats (Smeagol and Jebediah mostly), enjoy
getting into the window (the storm window is off, so they sit right at
the louver windows) and watching the outside. This morning, Smeagol
was getting his morning sun. I suspect that husband yelled at him,
though he says not. At any rate, something startled Smeagol (my 20+
pounder), and when he went to jump down, he got his left hind foot
caught in the strings, and twisted up.

Apparently, the other cats thought it was "Piñata Smeagol", all of
them except Marley (his littermate) and Smokie (who's just a sweetie
girlcat), came in and started smacking and biting him. Smeagol never
fights, he is just a sweet lover boycat. At any rate, he was
hollering and crying, and biting and scratching anyone who got close
enough (DH's foot is messed up, and he bit a huge double crescent in
my right thumb). I grabbed scissors and cut the string about 3 inches
away from where he was hung up. He got free. Probably not trapped
more than 30 seconds, but lord it seemed an hour.

Anyway, Jeb is now terrified (Smeagol bit his leg) and won't let me
clean his foot, Smeagol is being shy (not at all his normal self), and
I can't find Marley (he's my fraidy cat) though I know he's in the
house somewhere, he is more afraid of the big out than anything else.

If I can impose, could I have some calming purrs for the household?
Smeagol ate a bit of Fancy Feast crunchies. Jeb however, won't eat
anything (and he's the 'garbage gut') yet. I'd like the masters (both
mistresses seem fine) to settle a bit, so I can take a close look at
everyone, and make sure that they are alright.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

PS DH wants to buy more mini-blinds, I said no. He said that they'll
stop getting up there, and I said, "What happens if this occurs when
we are out? How will your mother cope with that? She can't pick
Smeagol up, he'd have torn her to ribbons, not to mention, he'd have
stayed hung up for hours before she ever realized something was wrong,
she doesn't come over until dinner time, and probably lost that
foot."

No more mini-blinds, EVER. My final decision on *that*,
thankyouverymuch!
Old July 4th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
[...]

We got nothin' but purrs on the way. Purrs for everyone to relax.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 4th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
If I can impose, could I have some calming purrs for the household?

Absolutely! Lots of calming and soothing purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 4th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Relaxing purrs on the way.

kili

Old July 4th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 4, 12:05 pm, "Charleen Welton" wrote:

No more mini-blinds, EVER. My final decision on *that*,
thankyouverymuch!

Calming purrs on the way. And strong, "do what Charleen SEZ" stares
too.

--
Will in New Haven
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of Human freedom. It is
and sympathetic to Colonial America, November 18, 1783

Old July 4th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:06:31 -0700, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

[...]

You may want to consider vertical blinds, in which the panels hang
vertically from a track, and are not attached to anything at the bottom
end. This means that there aren't any cords for the cats to get tangled
up with.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 4th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
I know that everyone is nearly purred out, but could you spare a few
for a couple of my boys? I've been begging the husband for years to
get rid of the mini blinds in the small second bedroom. He just blew
me off.

OH NO!!! Purrs for you all to feel better and get over the trauma soon, but
not so soon that your hubby get mini blinds again. Maybe if you pointed out
that it could have been Smeagol's head. Poor kid. Poor Jeb. Take care of
you all and I hope no one gets infected.

Pam S.

Old July 4th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jul 4, 12:11*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in ...
I know that everyone is nearly purred out, but could you spare a few
for a couple of my boys? *I've been begging the husband for years to
get rid of the mini blinds in the small second bedroom. *He just blew
me off.

OH NO!!! *Purrs for you all to feel better and get over the trauma soon, but
not so soon that your hubby get mini blinds again. *Maybe if you pointed out
that it could have been Smeagol's head. *Poor kid. *Poor Jeb. *Take care of
you all and I hope no one gets infected.

Pam S.

Hubby is very concerned... about the bite on my thumb. It's pretty
deep. I think it will be fine, it just looks icky. Cleaned out very
well, and used and antibiotic ointment the doc gave me a bit ago for
infected rheumatoid nodules. It looks awful though.

I think he is convinced about the blinds. Once I mentioned that about
his mom only coming by in the afternoon/early evening. He thought
about it, thought about his poor mom trying to help Smeag. Poor
baby. He's (Smeagol, not hubby) currently sleeping under an end table
(sorta hidden, but I know where he is).

Can't find Jeb, he must have found a fantastic hiding place, I guess a
bit more 'relaxation' until I try to clean his owwie for him. I saw
Marley, but he's hidden in a new 'good spot'.

Pandora (the meanie girlcat) has a nick beside her nose (teach her to
try and pick on a scared Smeag), cleaned it out and she's fine. No
one else seems to have any problems (thank Bast).

Thanks for the purrs. They seem to be working.

SD (Annie)
Old July 4th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jul 4, 11:44*am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 08:06:31 -0700, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

Smokie Darling (Annie)

PS *DH wants to buy more mini-blinds, I said no. *He said that they'll
stop getting up there, and I said, "What happens if this occurs when we
are out? *How will your mother cope with that? *She can't pick Smeagol
up, he'd have torn her to ribbons, not to mention, he'd have stayed hung
up for hours before she ever realized something was wrong, she doesn't
come over until dinner time, and probably lost that foot."

No more mini-blinds, EVER. *My final decision on *that*,
thankyouverymuch!

You may want to consider vertical blinds, in which the panels hang
vertically from a track, and are not attached to anything at the bottom
end. *This means that there aren't any cords for the cats to get tangled
up with.

Hmm, I'll have to see what he thinks of those. That might be
perfect. I'd only seen verticals with the chains between the bottoms
of the slats. Thanks for the suggestion, something that would work
for both of us, and we'd both be pretty happy about it.

SD (Annie)

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available fromhttp://pgp.mit.edu
than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria- Hide quoted text -