Post-Jellicle Ball 2019

Old November 17th 19, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Post-Jellicle Ball 2019

ann wrote:

On 11/9/2019 5:02 PM, cshenk wrote:
ann wrote:

On 11/7/2019 9:21 PM, cshenk wrote:
ann wrote:

On 11/3/2019 7:07 PM, House of Stright & friends wrote:
On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 6:47:50 PM UTC-7, Pit2nya
wrote:
On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 8:50:49 AM UTC-7, cshenk
wrote:
Daisy-chan looks about and smiles, especially at Benni
who is hugging Prince. She notes the Buffet table is
being refreshed with breakfast and goes over to join
the line as a few add some final logs to the fire to
ward off the early chill and damp.

Rocky wets some acorns and adds them to a long armed
popcorn maker and sets them to toast over the fire then
orders his breakfast of fresh fried grubs with a few
sprigs of mint and a bowl of warmed raw egg.

Prince brings over a tray and sets fried trout
hemingway in the center for all then smaller plates by
it. He sets a pot of warm Dashi down with several tea
cups then a big plate with bacon and a bowl of various
cut fruits. Lastly he sets his plate down with a
buttered bone in T-bone (lightly seared outside, raw in
center) and a few endive leaves centered with frozen
bacon and a hint of horseradish sauce (a delicacy he
learned from a Russian Blue at a 'Best of Breed'
gathering some years ago).

Others join and this time they had arranged for cleanup
so have only to neatly stow their own camping gear and
later, Prince and some of the bigger members will put
the Podium back in the shed. For now it is there if
there are any final tributes.

Even though it is morning, P2nya orders a Squirlly Temple
in honor of her SunDance

[Anti Sandy smiles and offers Pitoonya some chin skritches]

As the kitties are packing up to leave Lucy spots a large
truck pull in. On the side is a logo with a purple cat. She
walks closer and sees two cats exit the cab. " Meb, Tom is
that you?" Tom: Yes. It's so good to see you again. We are on
our way about 50 miles south of here to drop off supplies to
a village that was flooded and their warehouse was destroyed.
They lost all their food and some of the other building in
the village.

Lucy: The Jellicle Ball is ending but, come join us and have
something to eat. You can meet the cats, doggies and other
animals that are here.

Meb: If your sure no one will mind. We would love to meet
everyone.

Prince comes up. He stops respectfully back so as to not look
too big. He's just finished packing up his gear and helping
Daisy-chan and the Countess with theirs. At first they look at
him a bit askance, but then they see Benni is riding his back
and playing with his ears...

"Hi, I'm Tom and this is Meb." Tom extends his paw.

"Hi Tom, I am Prince and this is Benni. She's about to go help make
sure the right pallets go on the right trucks. Is there someplace I
too can help? Back home the shelters are full and they are getting
more in from North Carolina. I can help drag some pretty big loads
to where the fork lifts can handle them into the trucks". Benni
gives one last playful bat at his ears then runs down his back and
jumps off to go help sort out pallets. She's too small as of yet to
load things effectively, but she is very good at math and numbers.

Meb: Prince if you'll follow me you help move the pallets into place
for the fork lift.

Prince lends a big paw and drags pallets to the right place while Benni
directs the truck drivers to pickup the right ones per truck. She has
them all on a clip board and is having fun!

The Contessa notes Daisy-chan's tail is dropping a bit and her nose
seems a bit pale, so sits with her to have a small cup of hot tea wth
nip as they watch the young ones. They laugh as Pepe and Gigi start
marking the pallets with bigger numbers based on a list Benni gave them.

Old November 19th 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann

wrote:
[...]

Tom: Thank you all for the supplies and help loading the trucks. We have
room in the trucks if any kitty or others want to come with us."