Smokey meets the Dawg

Old September 28th 18, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Smokey meets the Dawg

The relatives arrived today and brought a couple of their dawgs, because they had a sitter issue. Fortunately the large Bulldog stayed in the car (no it was not hot today), but the miniature BD came inside. It stayed in its crate for the most part, but Smokey stayed in bed, claiming not to know it was here. Sure. When they were getting ready to leave Smokey came to the top of the stairs to look at this weird looking thing. She continued to watch it, even after it went outside for a pre-trip pee. The dawg has a lazy eye among other health issues, so I don't think it ever saw Smokey, at least not that it would admit. ( ⓛ ω ⓛ )
Old September 28th 18, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 9/28/2018 11:19 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock wrote:
The relatives arrived today and brought a couple of their dawgs, because
they had a sitter issue. Fortunately the large Bulldog stayed in the car
(no it was not hot today), but the miniature BD came inside. It stayed
in its crate for the most part, but Smokey stayed in bed, claiming not
to know it was here. Sure. When they were getting ready to leave Smokey
came to the top of the stairs to look at this weird looking thing. She
continued to watch it, even after it went outside for a pre-trip pee.
The dawg has a lazy eye among other health issues, so I don't think it
ever saw Smokey, at least not that it would admit. ( # ù # )

Smokey was good to just pretend it wasn't happening. I've never seen how
any of my cats wood react to dogs. It would be nice to know but it could
traumatise us all, animals and humans alike.

Judith

At one time in the past, I had two cats. My parents had a small dog.
They came for a visit and brought the dog. She was used to chasing
cats. She saw one of mine lying down in the back yard and tried to
chase him. He wouldn't run. He just laid there. The dog ran up to the
cat and pushed her nose into his side. He just looked at her. She gave
up. Later she found the other cat and tried to chase him. She didn't
know he was a retired champion. In our old neighborhood he had all the
cats and most of the dogs terrorized. He retired when we moved here,
but she brought him out of retirement. For the rest of the visit, the
dog stayed close to my parents and didn't see any cats.

Old September 28th 18, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Stock wrote:
[...]

When I was a youngster (before the flood) we had a small Persian mix, Fluffy who was an indoor/outdoor cat. She would have her kittens in the bush near the house. One day the neighbour's Irish Setter was snooping around her kittens, so Fluffy decided to play Cowgirl and ride the dog back home. I think the dog got the point.

Smokey is a lover, not a fighter.

Old October 5th 18, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 10/4/2018 12:25 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

this reminded me of when I was a child and we had a dog called Timmy. The
neighbours down the road had a big black cat named Billy. our next door
neighbours were having some work done and so the fence between our houses
was down. Billy was in our garden when we let Timmy out, we had no idea
Billy was there.timmy chased Billy who ran then stopped and turned to face
Timmy. Timmy ran home leaving the builders laughing. A friend of mine, had
a lovely dog called Wolfie. She was unloading shopping from her car and
Wolfie was pottering about beside her on the drive. Wolfie saw a cat and
gave chase, two minutes later Wolfie came galloping back with two cats
chasing him.

Judith

LOL!

Old October 13th 18, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 28/09/2018 19:19, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Stock wrote:
The relatives arrived today and brought a couple of their dawgs, because
they had a sitter issue. Fortunately the large Bulldog stayed in the car
(no it was not hot today), but the miniature BD came inside. It stayed
in its crate for the most part, but Smokey stayed in bed, claiming not
to know it was here. Sure. When they were getting ready to leave Smokey
came to the top of the stairs to look at this weird looking thing. She
continued to watch it, even after it went outside for a pre-trip pee.
The dawg has a lazy eye among other health issues, so I don't think it
ever saw Smokey, at least not that it would admit. ( # ù # )

Smokey was good to just pretend it wasn't happening. I've never seen how
any of my cats wood react to dogs. It would be nice to know but it could
traumatise us all, animals and humans alike.

Judith

Boyfriend was terrified of dogs, even very small teacup Yorkies. He was
once "helping" me unpack my car, when one came along, and he rushed away
and jumped over the back gate. AFAIK the Poshgirls, Nelli & Garfie have
never seen a dog, they've been indoors since birth. They've seen one
through the window though, and quite a few on the telly!
Kitty FC had lived with dogs, I found out years later, but she was
cautious about approaching a home with whippets in until she was
absolutely certain they'd all passed away. She hung about in the garden
for 7 years to be very, very sure. Then she moved in.
It seemed rude to refuse.

Mii Meets Me Takayuki Cat anecdotes 0 January 3rd 13 09:20 PM
Cat Meets Puppy Pat Cat anecdotes 9 March 2nd 07 05:24 PM
Cat meets mouse Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 8 September 18th 06 08:37 PM
Imp meets a bitty Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 August 1st 06 09:21 AM