Please take our pet survey

Old November 16th 05, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Please take our pet survey

We would really appreciate your help in collecting this information for
a class project at

Pace University. Please email your answers to .
We promise that any

information you provide here will be confidential and will not be used
for any other

purposes.

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR PETS...

1. What kinds of pets do you have?

2. How long have you had each of them?

3. Approximately how much did you pay for each pet?

4. How much does it cost to take care of them each month?

5. When you bought them/it, was it your decision only, or was someone
else involved in

the decision-making process?

O My decision only O Shared decision

6. If a shared decision who shared it with you?

7. How did you decide what kind of pets to get?

8. Did you pay for the pets yourself or did someone else pay for them?

O Myself O Someone else O Some myself and some someone else

9. If someone else, which pets and who?

10. Did you buy the pets yourself or did someone else buy (just bought
them but not paid

for) them for you?

O Myself O Someone else O Some myself and some someone else

11. If not by yourself, who bought (just bought it but not paid for)
them for you?

12. People consider some animals exotic. Some of these are snakes,
spiders, skunks,

ferrets, rats, reptiles, monkeys, lions, and tigers. Do you own any
exotic pets?

O Yes O No

13. If Yes, what is the main reason you own an exotic pet?

14. If No, would you consider getting one? O Yes O No

15. Are there some kinds of pets that you would never own? If so, what
kinds?

16. For the pets that you said you would never own, why not?

17. Do you think there are certain animals that people should not be
allowed to own? If

so, which ones? Why?

18. Do you sponsor any zoo animals? If so, what kind?

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF...

19. Which of the following is your favorite form of entertainment?

O TV O Books O Magazines O Movies
O Sports O Internet O Video games

20. Please list the names of TV channels, magazines, etc., you like to
watch and read

21. Where do you go most often for information?
O TV O Books O Magazines O Internet

22. Where do you get information on pets (check all that apply)?

O TV O Books O Magazines O Movies O Pet shows and other events
O Internet O Friends O Pet shop
O Professionals (breeders, groomers, trainers)

23. What is your approximate age (years)?

O 18-24 O 25-34 O 35-44 O 45-54
O 55-64 O 65 and over

24. What is your gender?
O Female O Male

25. What is your marital status?

26. How many children do you have, if any?

27. What is your present occupation?

28. Please indicate your approximate yearly household income.
O Under $25,000 O $25,001-$50,000 O $50,001-$75,000
O $75,001-$100,000 O $100,001-$150,000 O $150,001 and over

29. Please write in your ZIP Code.

May we contact you for a ten-minute follow-up phone interview? If Yes,
please provide your

first name and email address or phone number. We will not use this
information for any other

purposes.

30. First Name:

31. Phone number or Email address:

Thank you for your participation.

Please email your answers to
.

Old November 25th 05, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

2. DevilsPGD
Nov 15, 10:40 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.misc
From: DevilsPGD - Find messages by this
author
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:40:25 -0700
Subject: Please take our pet survey
original | Report Abuse

In message .com

wrote:
Pace University. Please email your answers to .
We promise that any

information you provide here will be confidential and will not be used
for any other

purposes.

It's too bad that universities don't have funding to get a domain of
their own and instead rely on gmail addresses.

Gee. I thought there was an ".edu" domain. :-) I'm not certain who
the domain registrar is. Still, I can imagine circumstances where an
anonymous address would help. (I don't see that in this particular
message, but it is possible.)

(There does appear to be a http:www.pace.edu site. I've only looked
to see that it exists.)

It's also a shame that they no longer teach accurate or reliable survey
taking methodology.

Now that is unfair. When professional pollsters can't count to eleven
without taking off either their shoes or pants (if male), it should not
be surprising that universities have forgotten the basics.

It seems to me kind of a useless survey. On the other hand, while the
questions are stupid, I don't see the kind of biased questions we see
on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNC, et al.

--
We should start measuring the Canadian gov't expenditures
by gun registries. Put things into perspective.

Well, actually, I am not certain you can. The first step is to compare
crime rates and police expenditures by the percentage of the population
allowed to carry guns. Were I Canadian, you would not know about the
weapons in my closet; nor would the burglar.

You folks want to make the world safe for thieves, burglars, rapists
and murderers. Ask your sister (or wife, or girlfriend) if she would
prefer to wait for 15 minutes after calling your emergency number (in
These United States it is "911") for the RCMP to arrive --- or have
her own little gun tucked in her bra.

I admit that this post is almost entirely off-topic. You keep your
cats indoors (as I now do mine.) Still, if my old cat (Lorenzo) had
not chased off the raccoons invading his territory, those fella's would
have had me to deal with.

(Of course, I threatened Lorenzo to leave the white squirrels alone;
but I'm not certain he understood.)