Useful Cats

Old June 3rd 04, 02:41 AM

Link is no good...
Old June 3rd 04, 05:56 AM
Ciruelax

Never eaten cat? Why don't you try an authentic Chinese restaurant?

"Gene Royer" wrote in message

"Roberta Hatch" wrote in message
Gene Royer wrote:
"The Grim Reaper" wrote:
"Ciruelax" wrote:

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...gy/A&P201/Cat_

Skinning/Cat_Skinning.htm

Just had to be done. A lovely page showing the disection of cats
in glorious color. The cat lovers will adore seeing them put to
this worthy use.

The local SPCA kills thousands of cats each month here in my city. I

wish
it weren't so; but if their carcasses can be used to make the lives of
humans better it is a good thing.

Well, it's obvious that 'someone' made a poor attempt at
trolling. But since you made the comment about the animals being
put to good use...

Years ago in my youth, I worked for a vet. They'd put
down animals and the ASPCA would show up once a week and collect
the carcasses. We'd just put them in plastic garbage bags, tie
them shut and put them outside the backdoor.

On day I became curious and asked what the ASPCA did with
carcasses. Well, they sold them to the knackers. Yes, that's right,
we're talking *soap* and other fine products.

I've often thought that the soap manufacturers should have
given their products better names, just to 'honor' the ingredients.
Instead of Ivory, Fluffy. Instead of Zest, Fido. You get the idea.

I know that the ASPCA probably claims that they cremate
the carcasses, but I'll bet they still sell them to the knackers
when they can. Think about that the next time you climg into the
shower.

Bobbi

---
Roberta Hatch '65 Panhead
Dykes on Bikes, San Francisco, CA (This space for rent)

Bathing with soap made from feline doesn't bother me any more than that I
eat the outsides of many other animals. And some of them, I eat the
insides, too. Tripe, for example is a delicious--but very stringy--meal.
And liver is a healthy treat.

I have never knowingly eaten a cat, and I can't imagine that I would enjoy
it either way.

But I have eaten other kinds of animals that people keep for pets. Lamb,
veal, chicken, duck, rabbit and squirrel. I've never eaten a raccoon.

--Geno

Old June 3rd 04, 05:49 PM
Ann Amoeba

"Gene Royer" wrote in message ...
"The Grim Reaper" wrote in message

"Ciruelax" wrote in message

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser.../A&P201/Cat_Sk
inning/Cat_Skinning.htm

Just had to be done. A lovely page showing the disection of cats in

glorious
color. The cat lovers will adore seeing them put to this worthy use.

The Grim Reaper

The local SPCA kills thousands of cats each month here in my city. I wish
it weren't so; but if their carcasses can be used to make the lives of
humans better it is a good thing.

Human beings are infinitely more valuable than felines.

--Gene Royer

And human beings are also infinitely more valuable than dolphins and
whales, but you'd never know it watching all those women out there on
whale-watching excursions goo-gooing and ga-gaing over them. Women,
BTW, as a statistical matter, who have had a few abortions amongst
them. Can you imagine 120,000 dead whales washing up on the shores of
our coastline every month? Well, that's the number of babies tossed
into dumpsters every month in this country.

Yeppers, save the whales!

Old June 3rd 04, 06:35 PM
Pantheras

Ann Amoeba wrote:

And human beings are also infinitely more valuable than dolphins and
whales, but you'd never know it watching all those women out there on
whale-watching excursions goo-gooing and ga-gaing over them. Women,
BTW, as a statistical matter, who have had a few abortions amongst
them. Can you imagine 120,000 dead whales washing up on the shores of
our coastline every month? Well, that's the number of babies tossed
into dumpsters every month in this country.

And from the way the population is growing and the welfare ranks are
growing, that is not nearly enough being tossed into dumpsters. If only
we could find a way to use cats other than at Chinese restaurants.

Cork-O-Mattic
The Proper Stopper
Exclusive butt plug of
the Special Olympics

Old June 4th 04, 01:41 AM
Omicron Delta Pineapple

Gene Royer wrote:

Human beings are infinitely more valuable than felines.

Hm. Depends on the feline. I would venture to say that any one of my
resident cats is infinitely more valuable than the average urban camper,
member of al-Quaeda, Michael Jackson, or John Kerry.

ODP