PLease crosspost where you think helpful

Old November 14th 05, 05:24 PM
Karen

Default PLease crosspost where you think helpful

by tlmeier, 11/14/05 9:08 ET
URGENT!!!!!!!!! RESCUE EFFORTS BLOCKED!!!! by O2BNNC, 11/14/05
From Eric Rice, Been on the ground now for 24 hours.1. Biggest need right
now is VOLUNTEERS ! The LASPCA, the police, NO one is trying to stop the
rescue effort.The National Guard, The Military , and the Police continue to
be very helpful in directing us as to where to locate animals !This city is
so massive that coordinated effort to stop the rescue would never work. So
Let me REPEAT I have been to all the camps( Winn Dixie, Jane Garrison) and
what they really need is VOLUNTEERS ! The Volunteer Campaigns are working.
Although right now we do need more ACO's that have more animal experience so
we can send them out to trap !VOLUNTEERS VOLUNTEERS VOLUNTEERS2. There is no
doubt that there are still many many animals out there. There is a HUGE need
for the rescue efforts to continue. There were 40 trapped in the last 24 hr.
period. this was over nite.However these dogs are not easily spotted...they
have become very adept at hiding. You will not just drive around and see
these animals! The folks that are trapping get their info from the national
guard or the police as to where these animals are then they go in and access
the situation. From what I am seeing they are covering a very small
percentage .3. I have a meeting at 10:00am Monday morning with Laura Maloney
to discuss the situation. Plus the LASPCA has asked several large national
groups to come in and access the situation. The problem is that that
acessment wont take in the true situation. they will be driving around and
NOT seeing what we are seeing.Again this is not the LASPCA's nor anyone
elses fault. this is a unique situation that no one has ever had to deal
with before.the grassroots operations have become the main contacts due to
this unique situation.4. VOLUNTEERS VOLUNTEERS VOLUNTEERS please continue
all of your efforts on getting volunteers down there...if you have vacation
time .. think about using it ! keep cross posting and notifying colleges !
We need VOLUNTEERSEric Rice

http://www.ericsdogblog.com/

Sorry for the Crosspost ... Mary Cat anecdotes 1 July 5th 05 02:21 AM
Helpful Rexie Shirley B. Cat anecdotes 6 April 15th 05 03:38 AM
Helpful Rosie Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 28 December 3rd 03 06:22 PM
Is there a website for helpful hints on road travel with a cat Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 2 December 1st 03 01:33 AM