doesn't want to go for a walk outside anymore

Old July 22nd 03, 02:50 AM
SPillus

Default doesn't want to go for a walk outside anymore

Hi, I'm new here. I'm feeling very worried and I'm hoping someone can shed some
light on this. Over the past month or so my kitty hasn't wanted to go outside
for her usual walk around the yard. Even with my coaxing her with treats, she
turns right around to go back into the house.
Her background: she's 20 years old, she gets 125ml of fluids every day, and a
little more than a month ago she had an in-growing claw taken care of at the
vet.
There's no change in any of her kidney symptoms-eats ok, no change in pee
frequency etc.
She seems so reluctant to walk down the front steps and go for her usual
snooping around the yard.
She's had some stiffness in her joints for years now but she still goes up and
down the 14 stairs inside the house-as recently as today. But why no walking
outside?
I'm puzzled and worried. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank you so much,
Susan & "Meetoo"
Old July 22nd 03, 03:54 AM
Cathy Friedmann

Besides aging (which may account for it in some way), did she see anything
out there the last time, that may've scared her & which she has no desire to
see/smell/encounter again?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old July 22nd 03, 06:56 AM
SPillus

Thank you Lauren and Cathy for responding
I plan to call the vet tomorrow morning to ask what can be done to comfort
her arthritis.
As far as her being scared of something she saw outside, I never thought of
that. I don't recall anything happening but,
she does appear cautious on the front steps and goes no further. I'll keep an
eye on this.
I'll update my post as things happen.
Thank you again. I've been feeling so panicked tonight.
Susan

Old July 23rd 03, 02:28 AM

Susan wrote:
I plan to call the vet tomorrow morning to
ask what can be done to comfort
her arthritis.

Ask your vet about Adequan injections. I did some research on this
treatment and talked a couple of my petsitting clients that have
arthritic cats into trying it. They both are extremely happy with the
outcome of this treatment. One has a 22 year old Siamese and this girl
has done a complete turnaround since she's been getting the treatments,
has much better mobility, and is back to her sassy old self.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

A last farm walk Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 27 April 8th 04 09:32 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM
Jazz's butt aka the I know where I'm going walk.... lrulan Cat anecdotes 2 October 21st 03 05:01 AM