NO VET? Revolution Spot Flea treatment & Capstar

Old January 11th 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
jerseycat

Default NO VET? Revolution Spot Flea treatment & Capstar

Hi all, I have a cat who was in the shelter for a year. He has fleas
and neither Advantage nor Frontline have worked. He has had them for
months - we seem to get them better under control but then they return
- these shelter fleas seem extra hardy or immune to these spot
treatments. (We also tried Adams sprays and even diatomaceous earth...
we have no carpets and no stuffed furniture - we clean and clean!) My
vet wants to charge me another $70 plus $25 a dose each for Revolution
Spot Flea treatment & for Capstar. I can get both without a
prescription for $10 each from Canada - but I can't wait 2-3 weeks to
arrive to New Jersey -- any help or ideas? Are there any cheaper
online vets? Thanks!
Old January 12th 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you might try going to petsmart and talking to that vet, or order the stuff
on line, then go to the store, buy head and shoulders shampoo and a flea
comb, comb every day twice a day with the comb and shampoo every three days
no matter what, soft

--
Have a wonderful day

Old January 13th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
harry

On Jan 11, 5:03*pm, jerseycat wrote:
Hi all, I have a cat who was in the shelter for a year. He has fleas
and neither Advantage nor Frontline have worked. He has had them for
months - we seem to get them better under control but then they return
- these shelter fleas seem extra hardy or immune to these spot
treatments. (We also tried Adams sprays and even diatomaceous earth...
we have no carpets and no stuffed furniture - we clean and clean!) My
vet wants to charge me another $70 plus $25 a dose each for Revolution
Spot Flea treatment & for Capstar. I can get both without a
prescription for $10 each from Canada - but I can't wait 2-3 weeks to
arrive to New Jersey -- any help or ideas? Are there any cheaper
online vets? Thanks!

Hello,

As far as iam concerned all Vets. are an organized, syndicate of
crime:

Go to my site http://fluffyfuzzies.com then go to the bottom of the
page and call the 800 number to order Revolution. It works for my
gang, however (once in a while), instead of trusting it to do the
earmites, i get some med. from Walmart and use that also, along with
the Rev.- it is a sure-thing combination.

Make sure you follow instructions, and (for a while) do Rev. every
month for 3 months, and if itis Winter you shouldnot have to do the
Rev. more that 3 times max. Your basement/garage whatever and rugs are
probably infested and the 3 times thingy will take care of that - fur
shur. If not let us know . . .

Truly