Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 18th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Apologies to group, especially Pat

mlbriggs wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:40:47 -0500, MaryL wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
Sorry folks, its been along day and I just sort of got snarky. I
cancelled the message that I sent, but it probably got through to
some news providers anyway.

Just wanted to say sorry for being bitchy, particular to Pat. I
hope the spider bite doesn't cause you too much suffering.

Yowie

I think you actually made some perceptive and important comments. In
particular, this last paragraph from your message: "I don't wish
her ill or hurt, but suspect that the best thing we can do for her
is to stop enabling her to make excuses and duck responsibilty for
the problems she has made for herself. I am trying to say this in a
spirit kindness and with an eye to her future wellbeing."

I also don't wish Pat -- or anyone else -- any ill will. However,
she has posted a long series of messages where she talks about a
continuing series of problems, asks us to buy from her list of
items, talks about what she will (or won't) do for her cats, but
then ignores or disputes *every* suggestion that is made. You are
right -- this group has been enabling her. That does not help
anyone; it simply encourages the person to continue with the same
pattern.

MaryL

I have wondered for quite sometime if she was "for real" MLB

I can tell you when she wanted to meet me for lunch in Memphis she wouldn't
budge from a particular Vietnamese restaurant. I hate Vietnamese food on so
many levels. I suggested a lot of places. She was so rigid about it, it
had to be this one place. So I made excuses not to go. Later she whined on
the ng about how I didn't want to meet her. No. Who would want to meet
someone who wouldn't even give an inch about something as simple as a choice
of restaurant? (Oh, and BTW. asked me if I'd buy the house next door to
her... um, no.)

Jill

Old July 18th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

| I can tell you when she wanted to meet me for lunch in Memphis she
wouldn't
| budge from a particular Vietnamese restaurant. I hate Vietnamese food on
so
| many levels. I suggested a lot of places. She was so rigid about it, it
| had to be this one place. So I made excuses not to go. Later she whined
on
| the ng about how I didn't want to meet her. No. Who would want to meet
| someone who wouldn't even give an inch about something as simple as a
choice
| of restaurant?

The above is completely false.

I invited Jill to lunch and asked her to choose a restaurant. She asked me
what kind of food I like. I told her I love all oriental and east Indian
food. She said so does she. And she asked me to pick a favorite place. I
did. She agreed to meet me, then didn't show up. She never said a word about
not liking the specific restaurant, the food they served, or anything else.
She just simply didn't show up.

Old July 18th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment last
night Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep
conditioned my hair, exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad used
to grow loofah gourds because they looked neat but he had no idea
what they were LOL). Then I moisturized all over and kicked back
with a glass of wine and listened to music, then cuddled up with
Persia.

That sounds perfect. Except that for me, no spa treatment: I wouldn't
do the hot lavender bath. Not sure I'd condition my hair, either. I
might rinse it, though. No loofahs here, and moisturizing just gunks
me up. Other than that, it's perfect! :-)

I guess what it would boil down to for me is a quick shower, a large
Martini, and a cat head to skritch.

Different boat, same float.

Pour me a martini and we'll talk about it G

Old July 18th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default OT: Martini (was Apologies to group, especially Pat)

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra olives.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 19th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra olives.

I will take a virgin Shirley temple

Old July 19th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

Gin... very dry so light on the vermouth. Shaken, not stirred. Green olive
and a fancy toothpick, please

Old July 19th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 18, 2007, Victor Martinez wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra olives.

Oh heck, OK, I'll do my best... (I'm already into my 2nd-and-a-half, if you
count the dividend) but let's see what I can do. :-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra olives.

I will take a virgin Shirley temple

Isn't that an oxymoron??? :-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

I have the *best* fancy toothpicks... You're gonna love it!

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix