He's back in

Old January 28th 14, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default He's back in

Phew. and now he isn't going out again until tomorrow.
He acts like it never happened.
I won't tell you how I could not get logs in for my woodburner in case he
got out, so I got a gas bottle for my heater to keep us warm
It was a bit nippy but we are both fine.
I stayed in and never moved when he was on my lap until today.

Old January 29th 14, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
Phew. and now he isn't going out again until tomorrow.
He acts like it never happened.
I won't tell you how I could not get logs in for my woodburner in case he
got out, so I got a gas bottle for my heater to keep us warm
It was a bit nippy but we are both fine.
I stayed in and never moved when he was on my lap until today.

I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well.
--
Adrian

I thought he was out but isn't. Just like the vet says he knows what he can
do (or not).
Settee is good atm. snooze
Yes he did go out today several times- he was desperate to do it, he felt
well so I said yes. It exhausted him. I knew it would.
He is not as well as he thinks he is. FGS he nearly died a week last
Thursday..

He's doing very well but atm he thnks he can do more than he can (should).
No going out looking at rats atm.but he might done that in the hour he was
out.

Old January 30th 14, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

He really is doing well. I thought he would be tired. I'm sure he's
feeling a lot happier now he's able to go out. Although it'll take a while
for you to relax about him being out again.

I often find Sootie is in when I thought she was out. Sometimes when we
can't remember if she's in or not I say I should be able to google it.

It did tire him a bit but he wouldn't admit to it although it caused a blip
in his appetite this morning - a bit too tired to eat his brekkie except for
a bit at a time. Now he's fine and gobbled up his tea (which I gave him
late)
I've had 3 abdominal ops myself, only one opening me up as extensively as
Boyfie had to endure. I could hardly walk for weeks and wasn't fit to go
back to work for months so how he is doing as well as he is I have no clue.
It's not like I'm a wimp either, I wouldn't go to hospital with my broken &
dislocated shoulder for 10 days because the pain was so great I knew they'd
have to cut my new posh top clothes off. Yes, I know it was stupid ..

So how the Boykin (one of his nicknames) is doing so well and doesn't seem
to be in pain at all is a mystery. He's been on no painkilling meds now
for a week. And he says he is as good as new. Of course he isn't and I
will monitor him and keep him in as I think necessary. I thought it was
important that he should be allowed out as soon as the vet allowed it as
being inside for toileting was driving him mad. He held himself in. Only 1
wee per day and 4 poos in the whole time he was kept inside, 8 days or was
it more? It seemed like more.
I know you don't do Facebook, Judith, but if you saw his pics on my vet's
Facebook page you'd be amazed that he lived through this. I don't know how
to share his little article there but maybe someone does?

Tweed