How affectionate is your cat?

Old February 28th 04, 12:45 PM
Jacqueline

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:41:13 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
wrote:

How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

You can't make a cat be affectionate, they do as they please. That's
what I love about them!! I don't have my cats on a symbiotic pretext
- I feed you and love you and you love me back. I feed them and love
them unconditionally and if they want to sit beside me, fine, if they
want to ignore me and stick their arse in my face, also fine ;o)

Old February 28th 04, 01:12 PM
~*Connie*~

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
You can't make a cat be affectionate, they do as they please. That's
what I love about them!! I don't have my cats on a symbiotic pretext
- I feed you and love you and you love me back. I feed them and love
them unconditionally and if they want to sit beside me, fine, if they
want to ignore me and stick their arse in my face, also fine ;o)

Don't you know that when they stick their arse in your face that's the
highest complement you can get?? cat's think that is their best side

You can't make them be more affectionate, but you can make yourself more
attractive to your pets.. buy some treats that they like, get them out so
they can see them, offer one, pat, then offer another.. work until you can
pat before giving treats.. yes.. bribes.. but they do work.

Old February 28th 04, 02:18 PM
Wendy

"Ablang" wrote in message
How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

My Tigger is a lap cat to the point of being a PIA sometimes. It is seasonal
with her though. During the spring she is in my lap less and during the
summer not much at all.

I don't think you can (or should) force the issue. That might just make
kitty stay away more.

Old February 28th 04, 07:37 PM
Mogie

We got a cat from the shelter. He is a flame point Manx (about a year old
and very beautiful). The reason he had been there for over 3 months is that
he plays very rough. This can be mistaken for aggression. I just had to
learn that his form of affection sometimes includes teeth and claws (yes
it's affection because he is purring away loudly). Inbetween the bites I get
a kiss or two.

Someone encouraged that type of behavior when he was young. He doesn't get
punished for this. I simply let my hand go limp and stop all forms of
attention. So far that has worked very well.

Cat Protector wrote in message
First off, cats are not dogs so they show affection only on their time not
yours. My two cats are very affectionate. Both will stay close to me when

am not feeling well. They also will sometimes jump in my lap when I am at
the computer and Jade will brush up against me as if to say "I am here so
give me a pat or something." They are also there when I come through the
door as well.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

--
Hilary Duff turns 18 in this amount of time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of

those
we don't like?" -- Jean Cocteau

Old February 28th 04, 10:14 PM
Hope Munro Smith

In article ,
Ablang wrote:

How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

Your cat will get more cuddly as she gets older. That has been my
experience with all my cats. Also, they want to be on you when it's
cold out and off you when it's warm.

Old February 29th 04, 10:15 AM
kilikini

"Hope Munro Smith" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Ablang wrote:

How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be

little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep

with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now

since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that

was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

Your cat will get more cuddly as she gets older. That has been my
experience with all my cats. Also, they want to be on you when it's
cold out and off you when it's warm.

Hope, I'm so glad that you said this! My cats have gotten much, much more
affectionate as they've gotten older as well. I wanted to say that, but I
didn't know if it was a *true* scenario (as in all cats get more loving as
they age). I've just noticed it in my case. I think for both of mine, and
they're a year apart, it started happening at about age 5 or so. They are
still extremely independent, but when they want on my lap, they WANT ON MY
LAP! God forbid it if I have to get up and pee or something!

kilikini