Gifts from Far Away (OT)

Old December 20th 05, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Gifts from Far Away (OT)

There's a woman from another ng I've "known" since 1997. She is a very
sweet, wonderful woman who has gone through a LOT of things in her lifetime,
including her family fleeing the Nazi's from Austria to NYC when she was a
girl.

I got a package from her today for the holidays. She sent me genuine Polish
sausage and a small loaf of pumpernickel bread. She sent me a potholder
with a ladybug - ladybird in other countries - stitched on it and 4 cloth
coasters with ladybugs. (There's a story behind that; years ago I had a pan
of cornbread cooling by the stove and walked in and found a ladybug crawling
around on it. She found that hysterically funny!)

OB Cats: She sent me a book, 'Cat's Letters to Santa' which I'll
immediately read. She sent *Persia* a couple of pouches of Nutro cat food;
turkey & giblets in gravy and chunk chicken in gravy. She sent Peaches the
lovebird a small box of cockatiel seed mix (it's find for any small
hookbill) which I'll dole out to her as treats. This woman is an absolute
angel. Getting that package really made me smile!

Receiving all the wonderful cards from people on this ng has most definitely
cheered up an otherwise dreary season. So thank you all, too! (And MMJ,
you know Persia is very thankful for the catnip pillows from her boyfriend
Weeble!)

Jill

Old December 21st 05, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

What a lovely friend, and what a lovely package!

Joy

Old December 21st 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:28:45 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

There's a woman from another ng I've "known" since 1997. She is a very
sweet, wonderful woman who has gone through a LOT of things in her lifetime,
including her family fleeing the Nazi's from Austria to NYC when she was a
girl.

I got a package from her today for the holidays. She sent me genuine Polish
sausage and a small loaf of pumpernickel bread. She sent me a potholder
with a ladybug - ladybird in other countries - stitched on it and 4 cloth
coasters with ladybugs. (There's a story behind that; years ago I had a pan
of cornbread cooling by the stove and walked in and found a ladybug crawling
around on it. She found that hysterically funny!)

OB Cats: She se

nt me a book, 'Cat's Letters to Santa' which I'll

I got that a couple of years ago. It's cute. What a wonderful friend!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War