I could use some purrs

Old September 6th 10, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I could use some purrs

I just spent two hours in the emergency room because of my own stupidity. I
normally turn the bedside lamp on at the switch, then I can flip it on using
the wall switch as I walk in and out of the room. For some reason I
neglected to turn the lamp on this morning. So I was walking over to the
nightstand to turn on the lamp. I tripped over the cat steps (OB cats LOL)
next to the bed and fell face first into the nightstand. YEOWUUUUCHHHH!

I could literally cartiledge crunch when my nose broke. Arrrrgh! Blood was
everywhere. I managed to stagger up and hit the emergency button on the
alarm system panel by the door. I was in extreme pain and didn't know what
else to do. Someone from security came and insisted on calling the
paramedics. The paramedics insisted on taking me to the emergency room.

Two hours (and probably the worlds most expensive ice-pack) later I'm back
home. I'll have two black eyes by tomorrow and will look like I already
feel. I took a couple of aspirin (which has helped) and will continue with
the ice-pack thing. I could have done this myself without even leaving the
house. But I gave in to the hysteria and words like "possible concussion"
and let them take me away by ambulance.

Trust me, I don't have a concussion. I have a broken nose. Two hours and a
very expensive ice-pack later, I signed myself out and called a neighbor to
pick me up. Thank god they're in town! Most of the people who live here
are "seasonal" residents. I'm cat-sitting for Lynn, who is out of town. I
couldn't imagine who would take care of Persia, let alone Schwartzie and
Fetters! But the folks across the street (also cat lovers) are here for
three weeks. They came running over when they saw the ambulance and assured
me they'd take care of all the cats. I was lucky they were in town. I
called and he picked me up and brought me home from the hospital.

I'm going to look (and feel) like I ran face-first into a bus for a week or
so. So I could use some healing purrs, if you have any to spare. I'm
going to have to sleep upright on the couch tonight. That sucks, because I
usually sleep face-down on the pillow. That won't happen for a while. Heh.

Jill

Old September 6th 10, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

I just spent two hours in the emergency room... [careful snip]

Yikes! That sound awful. Hey, don't feel so bad about going to the ER. You
very well might have had a concussion. It's easy to chastise yourself after
the fact, now that you know nothing's wrong that time won't heal, but you
didn't know that before you went. Better this than the other way around,
right? Do you have insurance? I hope you won't have to pay the bill for it
in full!

Actually, I thought a broken nose was fairly serious. I mean, not
life-threatening, but something that required medical treatment - more
than what you could do for yourself with an ice pack. Am I wrong? Do
some broken bones just have to heal on their own, like toes, or ribs?
I hope the ER docs gave you a pain killer at least!

Bone-healing purrs coming your way. And Persia, be gentle with your mom
for a while!

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson
Old September 6th 10, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

I just spent two hours in the emergency room... [careful snip]

Yikes! That sound awful. Hey, don't feel so bad about going to the ER. You
very well might have had a concussion. It's easy to chastise yourself
after
the fact, now that you know nothing's wrong that time won't heal, but you
didn't know that before you went. Better this than the other way around,
right? Do you have insurance? I hope you won't have to pay the bill for it
in full!

I don't have insurance, no. It's all on my dime.

Actually, I thought a broken nose was fairly serious. I mean, not
life-threatening, but something that required medical treatment - more
than what you could do for yourself with an ice pack. Am I wrong? Do
some broken bones just have to heal on their own, like toes, or ribs?
I hope the ER docs gave you a pain killer at least!

No, the didn't give me any painkillers. I took some aspirin when I got
home. I don't know about what else they could have done. You can't really
put a splint on your nose. I broke my ribs once, they wrapped a around me.
It didn't help but I suppose it made them feel better. LOL

Bone-healing purrs coming your way. And Persia, be gentle with your mom
for a while!

Joyce

Thanks! What I'm really worried about is Persia taps me on the nose in the
morning to tell me she wants food. NO! Don't you dare touch my nose right
now!

Jill

Old September 6th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 00:17:11 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Wow, that sounds REALLY awful!

But, you could have caught the edge of the table on an eye socket, etc.,
etc., etc.

So, it could have been a LOT worse.

A broken nose is VERY painful (I'd get some ibuprofen, if it was me) but
at least it didn't require facial reconstruction, titanium pins, etc.

and, you didn't break your neck!

I hope you feel better, soon.

Icepack as much as you can stand to: it will help with the pain and
swelling.

Sending purrs for a fast recovery!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100905-1, 09/05/2010
Tested on: 9/6/2010 12:16:36 AM

Old September 6th 10, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Healing purrs on the way, I'm just glad it wasn't worse and you're still
able to care for Persia.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 6th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

ouch! Good gracious! Please take care of yourself. We are including you in
our purrs and prayers. God bless!

Lily & her mama

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old September 6th 10, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

[...]

Weebles sends His Preshus Persia's meowmie some much-needed purrs! He
also says that if you did that a few more times, you would look like him
(black)

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old September 6th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

Ouch ouch ouch! Lots of nose purrs on the way.

Bobble
Old September 6th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I just spent two hours in the emergency room because of my own stupidity.

You have all the purrs you need. I've done something similar before and
broke a front tooth in half.