I Brought Persia Home

Old September 3rd 14, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

Default I Brought Persia Home

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:37:31 PM UTC-5, Joy wrote:
On 9/2/2014 7:53 AM, dgk wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:02:34 -0400, jmcquown

wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:35 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:26:03 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:

Today I was finally able to bring myself to make the trip back to the vet to pick up Persia's ashes.

There's a bit of me that wishes I had Sarsi's ashes but I know they'd just around until someone knocked them over and I had to vacuum them up (it's a family trait my brother had both my mum's and his MIL's ashes in the garage until last year) I have made a donation to the local cat shelter in her name instead but if I'd been thinking straight at the time I think I would have cut some of fur off to keep

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

They trimmed a bit of her fur before the deed was done and gave it to me

in a little heart-shaped stone memory box - taped shut. I wasn't

expecting that but it was a nice touch. (I won't be removing the tape..)

As for the urn, it has a screw-top lid. Even if it got knocked over she

wouldn't spill out. I was also told the ashes inside are enclosed in a

plastic bag in the urn so if I ever opened it (I can't think of a reason

why I would!) there's no chance of her ashes spilling out.

I'm still so very sorry about Sarsi. I know how much it hurts.

Jill

I kept the ashes of Nico and Espy, because they were so special to me.

But I also know that it's silly; what's important are the memories.

Someday I'm going to die and their ashes will get thrown out, probably

along with mine.

I have various things from my past that I can't bear to get rid of. My

kids periodically come over to help me clean out a closet. About those

things I tell them, "I can't give these up, but when I'm not around I

don't care what you do with them."

This is true of almost all of my books. And my nail polish. And.... Toci

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Old September 4th 14, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Friday, August 29, 2014 10:45:52 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
That's why I decided to put the urn on the table where I can see it when I walk by. I say goodnight to her and good morning to her.

My brother kept my mothers ashes in the garage for years not knowing what to do with them then after his MIL passed away he brought two planters- each one has a slot at the bottom for the ashes in their box so should we ever decide we want to scatter the ashes they can be taken out- on top of each he planted a rose (Both my mum and his MIL were called Rose) and he has them either side of the front door (he says he regrets that when dad died we buried his ashes in the garden on the family home and planted a tree over them but now that house has long since been sold we don't have access to the tree and ashes anymore- these planters can be moved when he does as he's done twice since he got them) and he says every morning he says "Good morning ladies" as he goes out and he always greets them when he comes back in

Lesly

Slave of the Fabulous Furball