OMG, cat gives me heart attack

Old June 5th 05, 05:17 PM
Rhonda

Default OMG, cat gives me heart attack

Around 9am today, Licorice, our black cat, was sitting up on the
bathroom sink staring into the towel closet. When she was a kitten, she
and her siblings lived in the bathroom for awhile, so I thought she was
remembering her favorite shelf hidey spot.

I talked to her, and she just didn't leave that spot. Then I heard a
meow from close-up, and it was not Licorice. I looked under the sink,
all around the small bathroom, and thought it must have been coming from
the hall. Then I heard it again, still couldn't find anyone.

On a lark, I opened up the wall hamper (it looks like a wall cabinet,
but the top pulls out from the wall.) There was Maggie, laying in the
bottom of the dark hamper. OMG. She must have been in there since my bf
went to work -- about 3 or 4 hours.

Poor girl, she ate and drank immediately. I'm so glad she spoke up, I
had talked to Licorice for quite awhile before she let out that meow.

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 05:24 PM
bigbadbarry

Rhonda wrote:

Poor girl, she ate and drank immediately. I'm so glad she spoke up, I
had talked to Licorice for quite awhile before she let out that meow.

Rhonda

What a relief hey. Licorice must have heard her in there, and thought
it came from the closet.

Old June 5th 05, 07:57 PM
Catnipped

"Rhonda" wrote in message
[...]

We have an under-the-stairs closet that has an opening in the back that
leads to a hidey-hole under the lower part of the stairs. I only use that
closet very seldom (it's where I keep the vacuum cleaner - heh). Twice now
Jessie rand in there when I'd opened the door and Sammy sat in front of the
closet and stared at the door until I opened it and let Jessie out. And
both times Jessie came out and swatted poor Sammy on her ears after she'd
saved her sister! Little brat!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 5th 05, 08:18 PM
Rhonda

Yep, Licorice knew she was in there. I think she was doing a Lassie
"Timmy's in trouble" thing, but it was too subtle. Sometimes I wish our
cats could talk!

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 08:19 PM
Rhonda

Ha, I know about ignoring the vacuum cleaner!

That is a brat to swat the one who has saved you. Maybe it is a dignity
thing -- "I wasn't in trouble, I knew what I was doing..."

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 09:28 PM
Spot

When Spot was a kitten she would destroy tissues so I put the box in the
night stand drawer. One morning when I went to work I got a tissue out and
then shut the drawer. I never saw her climb in or heard her cry out. She
was in there from 6am to 7pm that evening when I got home and asked Mike
where she was. He said he hadn't seen her all day so we started searching.
Finally we found her in the bedroom night stand. The funny thing is he
worked nights at the time and slept during the day so he was in the bedroom
all day long and she never let out a meow.

Celeste

Old June 6th 05, 01:35 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-05, Spot penned:
The funny thing is he worked nights at the time and slept during the
day so he was in the bedroom all day long and she never let out a
meow.

Celeste

I honestly think that most cats have no problem being locked in a
small area, just as long as they don't have an immediate need.
Oscar's not allowed in our bedroom closet (she likes to nest in my
cashmere sweaters, just for starters), but if she does get in, she
won't say a word for hours. Brat.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 6th 05, 05:10 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:28:37 GMT, "Spot" wrote:

When Spot was a kitten she would destroy tissues so I put the box in the
night stand drawer. One morning when I went to work I got a tissue out and
then shut the drawer. I never saw her climb in or heard her cry out. She
was in there from 6am to 7pm that evening when I got home and asked Mike
where she was. He said he hadn't seen her all day so we started searching.
Finally we found her in the bedroom night stand. The funny thing is he
worked nights at the time and slept during the day so he was in the bedroom
all day long and she never let out a meow.

I locked Chase in the bathroom drawer, but I realized he was missing
faily quickly and remembered he had been standing in the front of the
drawer. I went back, and sure enough, he was curled up in the back of
the drawer.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 6th 05, 05:44 AM
Rhonda

Oh wow, over 12 hours! That's pretty amazing. I was worried about 3-4!

Did that cure Spot of the tissue addiction?

Rhonda

Old June 6th 05, 05:46 AM
Rhonda

Maybe Oscar needs a cashmere cat bed?

Maggie didn't jump right out when I opened the hamper, even though she
had been meowing. I think she was comfy, but it had to be stuffy.

Rhonda