Shadow has turned into a *cat*

Old July 18th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow has turned into a *cat*

Its been touch and go with Shadow.

For a long time, i really didn't know what to do with her, whether we should
keep her or find her a better home. She was so afraid of everything, so
agressive towards Suki & Pickle, went potty all over the place and was
generally not a happy cat. "Shadow" suited her so well because she just
stayed in the shadows, scared

But inthe last week or so, she's turned into a house cat.

She's got between me & the keyboard. Sat on the keyboard. Head butted the
computer in such a way so as to turn it off mid World of Warcraft game.
She's jumped on my lap and demanded pettin's. Has been seen in other parts
of the house besides her two favourite haunts of in the kitchen and under
the dining room table. She was even in the bathroom after I came out of the
share and tried to groom my wet hair (the licking wasn't so bad, but she
nibbled as well). And now, i am very proud to say, was seen hunting
greeblings in the kitchen.

She still does her toiletting in the kitchen sink.

She is still very agressive towards Suki, but no longer bothers Pickle after
she and Pickle had one heck of a cat fight late one night that I guess
Pickle won.

She is still wary of Joel - he can give her scritches but woe betide if he
tries to pick her up (I can pick her up, not a problem). She's still abit
schizophrenic regarding Fluffy, sometimes she doesn't even notice Fluffy is
there, other times she hisses and claws. I am not sure, but I think she
might also be deaf, like Suki (and perhaps thats why they fight so, as
neither can hear the other's warnings)

But on the whole, she is behaving far more like a cat that is part of hte
family, a cat more confident to be do quirky cat things, a cat feeling safe
enough to play with greeblings.

I am very happy for her, and strongly suspect that she's already found her
home - here.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 18th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

May it continue....
Charleen
and this herd of cats , and yes many days they are a herd!

Old July 18th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

She's got between me & the keyboard. Sat on the keyboard. Head butted the
computer in such a way so as to turn it off mid World of Warcraft game.

I think the message was clear with that action...

She's jumped on my lap and demanded pettin's.

Hooray! Had she done that before? If not, that must have been nice.

And now, i am very proud to say, was seen hunting
greeblings in the kitchen.

Finally earning her keep!!

She still does her toiletting in the kitchen sink.

Does she pee and poop in the sink, or just pee? (And if she just pees
in the sink, where does she poop?)

She is still very agressive towards Suki, but no longer bothers Pickle after
she and Pickle had one heck of a cat fight late one night that I guess
Pickle won.

Perhaps now that that is settled, they will get along?

But on the whole, she is behaving far more like a cat that is part of hte
family, a cat more confident to be do quirky cat things, a cat feeling safe
enough to play with greeblings.

I am very happy for her, and strongly suspect that she's already found her
home - here.

That's very encouraging! I'm glad to hear it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 18th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Purring for her to keep adapting.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 18th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2008-07-17 19:24:36 -0500, "Yowie" said:

[...]

Well, if she was that scared, apparently she feels "unapproachable" in
the sink. I hate to say it, but there are worse places. However, maybe
as she gains confidence, she'll figure that part out too. Glad to hear
she is coming out of her shell.

Old July 18th 08, 07:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I suspect you're right, and I'm happy for both of you. I hope she learns to
use the litter box soon. Is there any place you could put one just for her?
Maybe she doesn't want to share one.

Joy

Old July 18th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

very good news indeed, Yowie. Long live
the peace.

Lily & her mama

Old July 19th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 17, 5:24*pm, "Yowie" wrote:

But inthe last week or so, she's turned into a house cat.

She's getting there! Soon she'll be a lap fungus- give yourself a
round of applause, a pat on the back, pour yourself a cold beer (I am
raising a can of well chilled Stella to you!) other people would have
given up but you had the patience to let her come round at her own
pace- you're wonderful!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 20th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:
Its been touch and go with Shadow.

snip
I am very happy for her, and strongly suspect that she's already found her
home - here.

Yowie

Wonderful news!
Best wishes,