Iron Chef Catmerica, part 3 -- reddy fur da judjiz!

Old May 26th 05, 11:57 PM
Sundance

Default Iron Chef Catmerica, part 3 -- reddy fur da judjiz!

Wellum bak, efurrykitty. Owr pannel uf judjiz haz filled owt and dey is
reddy to taste awl da dishiz. In addition to Tiger, we now haz Bubba-Cat,
Allegra "Great Girtha", an Amelia. Welkum to awl uf yoo, an we luks forwerd
to heerin yur kommentz.

OK, letz git bak to da action. Az I spekted, Chef Catali is preparin
steemed lopster and sawtayed krabby meet. In wif da krabby he haz added sum
olif oil an garlic fur flaver.

An now I kan start to see whut Rebecca iz makin. In da pot wif da kreem and
budder, she haz added da fresh oysters, so she muss be makin oyster stoo!
Ize still not shur whut sheze doin wif da udder greedientz. She haz rice
cookin in da rice cooker, an sheze sawtayin her udder shellfishies wif da
mowsie sausij an sum spices. I duznt know whut happind to doze Cornish game
henz. Maybe I kan git a word wif her down on da flor.

[Sundance makes his way to Rebecca's side of the kitchen.]

Rebecca, wud yoo like to tell owr awdience whut yoo is preparin?

Sertinly, Sundance. Yoo wuz rite abowt da oyster stoo: dat kontanes kreem,
budder, oysterz, an salt. My udder dish is paella: it will have rice, which
is cookin in da rice cooker, Cornish game hen pieces, which iz currintly in
da uvvin, and da udder fings dat yoo see in the bigbig skillet. An I may be
able to do wun mor dish if I haz time.

Fangu, Rebecca, it luks furry gud.

While weze heer, letz try to git a word wif Chef Catali. Chef Catali, kan
yoo tell us whut yoo iz preparin?

Well, yoo sort uv gessed it: I haz steemed lopster an sawtayed krabs. I had
no ideer dat yoo kommyunitee kitties wuz so sofistikated ware it kums to
fudz. I iz furry imprest wif dis kichen, an Ize not shur I wuz prepared fur
da level uv kompetishun I wud face.

OK, well best uf luk to yoo, Chef Catali.

"FIVE MINUTES TO GO"

Datz owr annownser, lettin owr chefz know dat dey haz onlee 5 more minutes
to work. Chef Catali's dishiz iz so simple dat heze purrty much finished an
hiz dishiz is alreddy on da platez reddy to eet.

Rebecca is still rushin to git herz finished. Da rice iz now cooked an she
iz addin it to da big skillit, along wif whut luks like crushed nip leafs.

"ONE MINUTE TO GO"

OK, weze down to da wire, an owr chefs iz puttin on finishin touches. Chef
Catali iz puttin klaws on hiz dishiz fur garnish, an dat luks furry nice.
Rebecca is plating her dishiz, oyster stoo in cute liddle bowls, an hur
paella in a big skillit, to be served individually at tasting time, an,
whut's dis...?

"FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO..."

Rebecca haz pulled owt a surprize dish! She haz liddle glasses wif sumfing
red in dem an shrimpiez hangin on da owtside -- it's shrimpie koktail!

"ONE"

An da Iron Chef Catmerica kompetishun iz dun: Battle Shellfishie iz ober!
Letz hav owr contestintz describe dere dishiz for da judjiz. Chef Catali,
wud yoo kare to go first?

Fangu, Sundance, yes I wud. I haz two dishiz. Da first wun is lopster
steemed in krabby brof, seesoned wif salt an a liddle bit uv nip. Dis dish
feechurs da lopster wifout overpowerin itz suttle flaber. My sekund dish iz
krabby meet sawtayed in lopster sawse wif budder. Da spiciz in da lopster
sawse brings owt da flaber uv da krabby meet.

OK, fangu, Chef Catali, dat luks delishuss. Rebecca, wud yoo deskribe yur
dishiz?

I wud be glad to. To start wif, I haz a liddle apurrtizer: shrimpie
koktail. Itself iz serfed wif a red sawse fur da judjiz to dip da shrimpiez
into. Next is a soop corse, wif oyster stoo. Dis is a simple dish,
kontaynin only oysters, kreem, budder, and a liddle salt. Finully, my main
corse: paella. Dis iz a tradishunul paella, wif nip rice, shrimpiez,
musselz, skallups, crayfishies, game hen peeciz, mowsie sawsij, an a fyoo
spiciz. Dis dish combinez mennee diffurent flabers dat I hope da judjiz
will like.

OK, fangu, Rebecca, yur dishiz luks gud, too. An now, da momint da judjiz
haz bin waiting fur. Wud owr judjiz pleez taste eech uf da dishiz an render
yur decision?

Old May 27th 05, 02:20 AM
Amelia T Cat

OK, fangu, Rebecca, yur dishiz luks gud, too. An now, da momint da judjiz
haz bin waiting fur. Wud owr judjiz pleez taste eech uf da dishiz an render
yur decision?

[Amelia tastes Chef Catali's creations first. She sniffs the lobster
dish then takes a delicate nibble and smiles appreciatively. It looks
like she is preparing to gobble down the whole dish, but Tabitha dashes
to her side and whispers in her ear. Amelia mumbles something about how
the nip really brings out the flavor of the lobster, then grumpily moves
to the crab meat dish and again takes a dainty sample. She again smiles
at the wonderful flavor.

She then laps up a dish of chilled water with a dash of lemon in it, to
cleanse her palate.

She then goes to Rebecca's table. She recognizes the cocktail sauce as
being somewhat spicy, so she doesn't take a sniff of this dish. She
does, however, snarf down one of the shrimp with great gusto. She moves
to the oyster stew and sniffs the steam rising from the bowl. She then
laps up a good sample of the stew. She then sniffs the paella carefully,
appreciating the mingling of many different scents. She tastes the rice
itself, then concentrates on getting some of each of the other ingredients.

She then returns to her cushion to give the other judges time to taste
everything, and compare notes.]
Old May 27th 05, 01:58 PM
Adam

Sundance wrote:
An now, da momint da judjiz
haz bin waiting fur. Wud owr judjiz pleez taste eech uf da dishiz an render
yur decision?

sniff sniff sniff

Efurrything smells so gud!

chomp chomp chomp

Dis stuff is delishus... dat stuff iz gudgudgud... dis othur stuff is
wunnerful!

burp

Cud I have sum more uv efurrything pleese?

Allegra "Great Girtha"
Old May 28th 05, 01:16 PM
Miss Violette

Tiger slowly goes to the lobster, sniffs, tastes and chews carefully, he
licks a bit of the sauce and smilez, den he cautuiously move to the
crabbymeat, repeats catsiderin carefully, den to doze shrimppee coctailz,
dey are chilled purrectly anna dat red sauce iz not to tart, den to da rice,
Tiger tastez carefully but must take sefural bitez beclawz der iz so many
wonnerful 'gredintz anna flafurz, In a surprize mofe tiger returnz to da
furzt fud and repeatz hiz rounds, den, Now I will sit down and catsider,
Tiger
m...

Old May 28th 05, 05:02 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Sat, 28 May 2005 07:16:15 -0500, Miss Violette wrote:

Tiger slowly goes to the lobster, sniffs, tastes and chews carefully, he
licks a bit of the sauce and smilez, den he cautuiously move to the
crabbymeat, repeats catsiderin carefully, den to doze shrimppee coctailz,
dey are chilled purrectly anna dat red sauce iz not to tart, den to da rice,
Tiger tastez carefully but must take sefural bitez beclawz der iz so many
wonnerful 'gredintz anna flafurz, In a surprize mofe tiger returnz to da
furzt fud and repeatz hiz rounds, den, Now I will sit down and catsider,
Tiger

I'ze glad to see dat yuz takin dis judgin seeriously - mebee yu needs
anuffer round uv tastin, hehe?

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
5/28/2005 12:00:41 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old May 28th 05, 07:55 PM
Miss Violette

I haf sitted her long enuf dat i thinkz you iz right, He standz, kisses da
paw of his ladycat and makes anofur round, thinks to hizzsef, allegra anna
amellia anna bubba likez tastin az much az i duz, Tiger

Old May 29th 05, 06:19 AM
Sundance

Fangu, Amelia, Allegra, an Tiger. Az soon az we heer frum Bubba-Cat, yoo
kan all giv us yur votez.

Sundance

Old May 29th 05, 03:36 PM
Adam

Fangu, Amelia, Allegra, an Tiger. Az soon az we heer frum Bubba-Cat, yoo
kan all giv us yur votez.

Sundance

Ize still tastin, itz ALL gud. Cud I have sum more uv efurrything pleese?

Allegra "Great Girtha"
Old May 29th 05, 10:11 PM
Sundance

"Adam" wrote in message
Fangu, Amelia, Allegra, an Tiger. Az soon az we heer frum Bubba-Cat, yoo
kan all giv us yur votez.

Sundance

Ize still tastin, itz ALL gud. Cud I have sum more uv efurrything pleese?

Allegra "Great Girtha"

Um, Allegra, how wud yoo like to taste Pitoonya's Baked Ahmouseka? It's
furry gud!

[Sundance waves frantically toward Pitoonya for help, hoping to distract
Allegra from eating the rest of the contest entries before the final judge
has a chance.]

Old May 30th 05, 12:34 AM
Adam

Um, Allegra, how wud yoo like to taste Pitoonya's Baked Ahmouseka? It's
furry gud!

[Sundance waves frantically toward Pitoonya for help, hoping to distract
Allegra from eating the rest of the contest entries before the final judge
has a chance.]

But Ize not done judgin yet. burp! More pleese?

Allegra "Great Girtha"