WOW!

Old March 8th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default WOW!

I'm sitting here at my desk with my jaw dragging on the floor...

As usual, Sammy has been tapping my shoulder* all morning asking me to flip
her toy around so she can play (or sometimes only so she can lie on the
floor and watch the "birdie" flying around for her entertainment). I've
gotten so I just use my left hand to flick the wand back and forth (my left
bicep is going to be considerably larger than my right) so I can use my
right hand to use my mouse and keyboard.

I just happened to turn my head to the left while doing this and was
*amazed* to see Sammy make a most prodigious leap - her feet were on the
same level as the top of my head as I sat in my chair, then she did a
complete flip before landing. Because of a flawed prescription on my
"progressive lenses" glasses (don't ask - this saga has been going on for 2
months and they still can't get it right), I have my desk chair set as high
as it will go *and* have a pillow under my bum to lift me even higher so I
don't have to tilt my head back in order to be able to read my monitor.
Therefore, the top of my head is 50 inches (127 centimeters) from the
floor!!!! I would have *NEVER* believed that Sammy could throw all 17
pounds of herself that high into the air!

*Yes, my shoulder - 40 inches (101.6 centimeters) from the floor - when she
stands on her hind legs she can quite easily reach this height without even
stretching.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 8th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

She must be planning to run off and join the circus!
Lol

Sandra

Old March 8th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sandra" wrote in message
She must be planning to run off and join the circus!
Lol

Sandra

Only if she applies as a trained elephant! ; This girl is WHO-uge (that's
huge with a capital "H").

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 8th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

thats crazy...my cat is starting to play fetch with a small toy mouse,
i cant believe he brings it back to me, but i dont think CHauncey has
ever gotten that kind of elevation

Old March 8th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

My great aunt's cat, Benny, had a habit of jumping from the floor to the top
of the door, about six feet, and just sitting there. You had to get used to
checking the tops of doors before you shut them.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75823146fQLmSK
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 8th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pistoned" wrote in message
oups.com...
thats crazy...my cat is starting to play fetch with a small toy mouse,
i cant believe he brings it back to me, but i dont think CHauncey has
ever gotten that kind of elevation

Sammy normally doesn't either (she's usually too clumsy, see:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ovie/klutz.asp). But she's
been practicing this a *LOT* lately (I'm trying to exercise her to get off
some of her excess weight before her next vet visit so I don't get
lectured).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 8th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

yeah my cat is only 10 months old, but he's just starting to get really
crazy, and he finally wants to run outside.

the scary thing is, is that his sister had FIP and had to be put to
sleep at 6 months. chauncey has been fine but its very likely he could
have it too, but he keeps getting bigger and stronger (and fatter), so
hopefully its not going to be a problem. the vet says you really cant
get accurate testing for it and there's no cure, but cats can live with
it as carriers and never get sick.

Old March 8th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

That's amazing! Can you imagine what it would take for a human to jump an
equivalent height? I don't think our finest athletes could match such a
feat!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 8th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

The thing that makes it more amazing, he did after his back leg was crushed
by a car, it was broken in several places. The vet had recomended
amputation, my aunt insisted he try and save it. After a couple of months
you'd never have known.

Old March 8th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My great aunt's cat, Benny, had a habit of jumping from the floor to the top
of the door, about six feet, and just sitting there. You had to get used to
checking the tops of doors before you shut them.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75823146fQLmSK

When she was younger Cleopatra used to do that.

Now little Ranger kitten routinely leaps from the bathroom floor to the
top of the shower curtain rod (close to 7 feet of the floor). Amazing!

Dan