Purrs for Bootygirl

Old September 5th 03, 05:25 PM
Cheryl

"Sherry " wrote in message
Bootsie has an appointment tomorrow at 3. Purrs are much appreciated. She

was
coughing a bit and sneezing about six weeks ago, they gave her antiobiotic

and
she quit. Now the cough/sneeze is back. Purrs that it isn't herpes or FIP

or
something bad or chronic. I don'tt like the way the cough came back.

Sherry

Sending out purrs from my gang that its nothing bad and for another round of
ABs to clear her up.

Old September 5th 03, 11:44 PM
Brenda Watkins

"Sherry " wrote in message
Bootsie has an appointment tomorrow at 3. Purrs are much appreciated. She

was
coughing a bit and sneezing about six weeks ago, they gave her antiobiotic

and
she quit. Now the cough/sneeze is back. Purrs that it isn't herpes or FIP

or
something bad or chronic. I don'tt like the way the cough came back.

Sherry

purrs enroute.
Brenda

Old September 6th 03, 12:19 AM
Sherry

An appointment on 3 in a Saturday? Well, well...
Anyway, we hope that it is just a common cold.
Purrs from Elisabet and Hugo Katt

It was Friday. Maybe my post from Thurs. was late getting to your newsreader?
Anyway, we took Bootygirl in and the vet ddid a test for FeLV and FIP, he
wanted to rule that out since it seemed to be an immune deficiency issue. It
was negative. He suspects feline herpes but didn't do a test or anything. Gave
her a antiobiotic shot, amixil to bring home with a "wait and see" diagnosis.
Her ears were inflamed a little too. He had a hard time getting a bllood sample
from her paw and ended up having to get it from her neck. DH turned white and
had to sit down. Poor Bootie. I hope the antiobiotic works and this is the end
of it. Thanks you guys.

Sherry
Old September 6th 03, 05:17 AM
Sherry

I had a thought. If he suspects herpes, it wouldn't hurt to add some
l-lysine to her food.

I keep reading about that on the groups and had actually wondered about it
already. Where do you buy it? I don't mind trying it at all, but Bootygirl is
*so picky* aabout her food she might not eat it.
She won't even eat the food when the canister gets 3/4 empty. I guess it
doesn't taste the same as it does really fresh. *sigh*.
Old September 6th 03, 05:20 AM
Sherry

Just hate those "wait and see" diagnosis.

purrs and prayers that this time will take care of the problem,
whatever it is

Hi Steve! I haven't seen your posts in a while (though I admit I've skipped
through and not read thoroughly lately). I hate the ''wait & see" stuff too.
Wanted to tell you that a beautiful border collie mix was brought into the
shelter with a *badly* broken leg, an old break that healed bad. Her first
joint above the paw absolutely swiveled, was bent forwards and that's what she
was walking on. Anyhoo, Dr. Haney re-broke it, put a pin in it and set it all
up in a cast FOR FREE. Purrs of appreciation to Lawton's most compassionate
vet.

Sherry
Old September 6th 03, 06:32 AM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote
It was Friday. Maybe my post from Thurs. was late getting to your

newsreader?
Anyway, we took Bootygirl in and the vet ddid a test for FeLV and FIP, he
wanted to rule that out since it seemed to be an immune deficiency issue.

It
was negative. He suspects feline herpes but didn't do a test or anything.

Gave
her a antiobiotic shot, amixil to bring home with a "wait and see"

diagnosis.
Her ears were inflamed a little too. He had a hard time getting a bllood

sample
from her paw and ended up having to get it from her neck. DH turned white

and
had to sit down. Poor Bootie. I hope the antiobiotic works and this is

the end
of it. Thanks you guys.

Purrs that the antibiotics work, and purrs that DH recovers.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 6th 03, 06:32 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Bootygirl and hugs for you for taking such
good care of her,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Sherry " wrote in message
It was Friday. Maybe my post from Thurs. was late getting to your

newsreader?
Anyway, we took Bootygirl in and the vet ddid a test for FeLV and FIP, he
wanted to rule that out since it seemed to be an immune deficiency issue.

It
was negative. snip

Purrs for a loyal D*G friend on his trip to the bridge, please Tanada Cat anecdotes 14 October 5th 03 07:53 AM
Plumbing purrs, please? LOL Cat anecdotes 11 August 31st 03 10:14 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM
Purrs for Andy RBinCA Cat anecdotes 1 July 9th 03 04:22 AM