RPCA Singing to the Cats

Old September 11th 05, 05:45 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

Default RPCA Singing to the Cats

Most of you know that I sing little ditties to most of my cats (I'm deranged
that way)

Mimi usually gets some version of

Little Mimi-Tot
Little Mimi-Tot
She's the roundest kitty
That we've got

Moe (whose nickname is Tater-Head) gets

Little Moe-Tater
Little Moe Tater
Love on her now
and love on her later
-or- (and this one I made up yester day while holding her)
Little Tater-Head
Little Tater-Head
Silly little girl
We shoulda named her Fred

She promptly answered with an 'nooooowwwwwwrrrrrrrrrr' in protest, so I
guess she wouldn't have liked being named Fred!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)

Old September 11th 05, 06:08 PM
Gabey8

LOL, I can vouch for having some of the most well-serenaded cats in the
history of felinity. So I can empathize with your making lyrics up,
sometimes on the spot, in order to properly dote on your kitties.

This morning, I kept hearing an ad for I-forget-which-hotel to the tune of
"Wouldn't it be Loverly?"

So I promptly started singing to Captain and Stanley (depending on which
one was in arm's length at the time):

All I want is a cat that's wee
Cute and fuzzy as he can be
Soft and furry and stripedy
Wouldn't he be cuddly?

Oddly enough, both of them had that "Meowmy's flipped her lid" expression
on their faces. I wonder why? )

Donna, Captain, and Stnaley

Old September 11th 05, 06:12 PM
Karen Chuplis

Well, I see the bot was able to hijack the other thread, although, they
don't "thread" per se with the original. Ah, well. Never give up. We
won't let them win. Sing for felininity.

Old September 11th 05, 06:48 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:08:18 -0400, "Gabey8"
yodeled:

LOL, I can vouch for having some of the most well-serenaded cats in the
history of felinity. So I can empathize with your making lyrics up,
sometimes on the spot, in order to properly dote on your kitties.

This morning, I kept hearing an ad for I-forget-which-hotel to the tune of
"Wouldn't it be Loverly?"

So I promptly started singing to Captain and Stanley (depending on which
one was in arm's length at the time):

All I want is a cat that's wee
Cute and fuzzy as he can be
Soft and furry and stripedy
Wouldn't he be cuddly?

Oddly enough, both of them had that "Meowmy's flipped her lid" expression
on their faces. I wonder why? )

Cats are good at that. Stinky has a face I call "WTF???" and Mimi had
a face we called "Get the net!"

Theresa
Old September 11th 05, 07:19 PM
Norm

Gabey8 wrote:

So I promptly started singing to Captain and Stanley (depending on which
one was in arm's length at the time):

All I want is a cat that's wee
Cute and fuzzy as he can be
Soft and furry and stripedy
Wouldn't he be cuddly?

Oddly enough, both of them had that "Meowmy's flipped her lid" expression
on their faces. I wonder why? )

I have a little chant that I sing to Willie:

Little Willie,
Willie Cat
scitch scritch (or other nonsense sounds)

which I adapted from "Little Willie" Chinn/Chapman:

North side, east side
Little Willy, Willy wears the crown, he's the king around town
Dancing, glancing
Willy drives them silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down
Way past one, and feeling allright
'Cos with little Willy round they can last all night
Hey down, stay down, stay down down

'Cos little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Up town, down town
Little Willy, Willy drives them wild with his run-around style
Inside, outside
Willy sends them silly with his star-shine shimmy shuffle smile
Mama done chase Willy down through the hall
But laugh, Willy laugh, he don't care at all
Hey down, stay down, stay down, down

'Cos little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't

Little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

--
"In 2005, the refining margin...has exceeded $20 per barrel, far above
the long-term average of $6. That has meant record profits for oil