Shadow is also missing

Old July 16th 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow is also missing

Ever since the night I had to go to the hospital with my knee and Shadow got
out for a few hours without anyone noticing, she has *howled* to be let out
any time the adult hoomins were awake and made a dash for it every time the
front door was open.

Eventually I capitulated and reluctantly let her out too. If she saw any of
us whilst in the Out, she'd come over and meow and do the cat flop and look
like a very happy kitty indeed. The weird thingis that she'd never want to
come back in, and whilst she would occasionally wait at the front door,
she'd never come in of her own volition, I'd have to pick her up and bring
her in.

This developed into a game. At Feeding Time, I'd open the front door and
call. She'd appear, each time just a little bit further from the door, and
each time it would take longer and longer to catch her. Its not that she was
running away from me so much as she stayed just enough ahead of me whether I
was walking or running to make it fun.

Then she didn't appear for a feeding, but was back early the next morning
and we went through the routine once more. She has done this a few times.
Whilst worrying, I assumed she knew where home was and was doing a b*st*rd
c*t trick on me.

On Saturday, she once again didn't turn up when called. I wasn't overly
concerned. But by Sunday I had the flu (yes, flu, not a cold) and coudn't do
much more than call feebly 'Shadow' a few times at the door. No sign of her
Monday or Tuesday either, but I coudln't do much as I could barely get out
of bed.

By Yesterday I had recovered enough to put out the garbage and the next door
neighbour mentioned that she'd made herself comfortable on his car bonnet in
his garage. But he'd turfed her out and blocked her access way back in (it
was a dog door from the previous owner of the house).

I thought she'd be back that night, but still nothing. I've had a call for
her around the front yard and street - nothing.

She's a very personable, friendly and good looking cat and I have a feelign
she's found herself another family - she's never raced straight for the food
bowl after not coming home for the night. And if shes found a family that
will love her and she can love back I'll miss her dreadfully but also be
glad that she's happy - she never did get on with Pickle & Suki. I just want
to know she's OK, thats all.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 16th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

I'm sure she'll be OK, purrs for her to find her way back home if not
another home where she's happy and you know she's there.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 16th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Of course you do. Purring she turns up post haste.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old July 16th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Jul 16, 6:39*am, "Yowie" wrote:
Ever since the night I had to go to the hospital with my knee

.....snip
I thought she'd be back that night, but still nothing. I've had a call for
her around the front yard and street - nothing.

She's a very personable, friendly and good looking cat and I have a feelign
she's found herself another family - she's never raced straight for the food
bowl after not coming home for the night. And if shes found a family that
will love her and she can love back I'll miss her dreadfully but also be
glad that she's happy - she never did get on with Pickle & Suki. I just want
to know she's OK, thats all.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Purrs for Shadow to come home quick...or at least let you know that
she is ok.

Debbie Berry

Old July 16th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I hope she comes home - or, at least you find that she's found another good
home.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old July 17th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

She's a very personable, friendly and good looking cat and I have a
feelign she's found herself another family - she's never raced straight
for the food bowl after not coming home for the night. And if shes found a
family that will love her and she can love back I'll miss her dreadfully
but also be glad that she's happy - she never did get on with Pickle &
Suki. I just want to know she's OK, thats all.

Yowie
--

I'm asking the owners to purr for the best outcome for you all, and for you
to know what happens.

Pam S. also sending warm fuzzy thoughts for you all

Shadow on my lap Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 9 May 1st 08 09:50 PM
Shadow Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 March 31st 08 09:59 PM
I'z got a missing brofur an a missing sisfur Harri Roadcat Cat community 12 June 5th 07 02:44 PM
Shadow RB Emergency Purrs for Shadow Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 July 14th 04 05:47 AM
Shadow & IBD Betsy Cat health & behaviour 34 February 6th 04 12:56 AM