Child gate that lets a cat through?

Old February 25th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elijah

Default Child gate that lets a cat through?

We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

Old February 25th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

When I first got Tiger I installed a child gate at the doorway to the
spare bedroom to keep him isolated from Amber. It took about ten
seconds for him to climb over the gate. Maybe your cat can do the same.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old February 25th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail Futoran

"Elijah" wrote in message
ups.com...
We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over
it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

If you go to www.drsfostersmith.com and
search on "pet gate" you'll find several options.

There may be other sources online or in brick
& mortar stores. I mention drsfostersmith
because that's where I've seen the gates.

Gail F.

Old February 26th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Gail Futoran purred:
"Elijah" wrote in message
ups.com...
We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over
it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

If you go to www.drsfostersmith.com and
search on "pet gate" you'll find several options.

There may be other sources online or in brick
& mortar stores. I mention drsfostersmith
because that's where I've seen the gates.

Gail F.

I have one from them - but not the version with the 'kitty door' in them,
although it was tempting... but my cats need the exercise they get by
jumping over it anyway.

Old February 26th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On 25 Feb 2007 10:37:07 -0800, Elijah wrote:

We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

Why can't the cat get over it? Kitty 20 years old?
Old February 26th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

AZ Nomad wrote:
On 25 Feb 2007 10:37:07 -0800, Elijah wrote:

We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

Why can't the cat get over it? Kitty 20 years old?

I would guess because it's at the top of the stairs.

Rhonda

Old February 26th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Yowie

"Elijah" wrote in message
ups.com...
We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

My cat goes *through* the baby gate without a problem. Thats why I picked
it. The vertical struts are wide enough apart that the cat can go through
easily, but dog and child cannot.

Yowie

Old February 26th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Elijah wrote:
We just installed a wooden swinging gate at the top of our stairs so
our toddler doesn't roll down. Problem is the cat can't get over it.
Are there gates that cats can get through but kids can't? Any
suggestions on how to find one or engineer the one we have?

Get a gate with a plastic mesh/grate and cut a cat-sized hole in the
bottom of it.

-L.