Royal baby watch!

Old July 23rd 13, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Royal baby watch!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

wrote in message
On Monday, July 22, 2013 10:45:20 AM UTC+1, Alison wrote: How exciting
or perhaps its disruptive for you ! I expect to see updates from you
throughout the day LOL

It's disrupting as much as anything also there are hordes of
helicopters overhead and making an unholy din

As for updates? You think they tell me anything

Lesley

I hope it's a girl. 3rd in line now and when William dies she will be
Queen. We've recently stopped all that rubbish about only male
inheritance. Harry must be glad, eh? I've never known anyone on the
throne but our present Queen. Would I want her wealth if I had to be
in her place? Absolutely no way. IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

She cannot live any kind of a normal life. Her children were looked
after by nannies while she had to do foreign tours and stuff and as a
result it's not surprising that that some of them have had difficulty
maintaining a close relationship.

Would I swap my life for any member of the royal family so I could be
rich?

No. A thousand times no.

Tweed

I agree with you about not wanting to be a member of the royal family. i
love that we have one but so glad I'm not in it.

Judith

I may change my mind when it's payday on Thursday and all the telephone
queries are driving me mad,

You won't. Imagine her life, I would not want it for even a billion quid
and all the castles in the world.
Tweed

Old July 23rd 13, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

I agree with you about not wanting to be a member of the royal family. i
love that we have one but so glad I'm not in it.

Judith

I may change my mind when it's payday on Thursday and all the telephone
queries are driving me mad,

You won't. Imagine her life, I would not want it for even a billion quid
and all the castles in the world.
Tweed

~~~~~~~~~
Yes...I value my privacy and the ability to have peaceful moments to myself.
Members of the royal family may live in luxury, but they have no real
privacy and their time simply is not their own. Many celebrities face
similar circumstances--cameras always in their faces, photographers trying
to get the most embarrassing photos, etc.

MaryL

Old July 23rd 13, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 20:50:52 +0100, Judith Latham wrote:

In article , MLB
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 08:20:22 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
What is the latest news about the Royal Baby watch?We are sending
our best wishes and purrs that all goes well. MLB

Kate has gone into labour and has been admitted to hospital this
morning

Tweed

We are sending well wishes and purrs for her labor. I always say that
boys take a little longer to make ++ have to add the "tassles" LOL!
We are on baby watch here for the 7th great grandchild....not
expectMMLBor several weeks, but it could be earlier.MLB

That must be so exciting, waiting for another Great Grandchild.

Purrs for all to go well.

Judith

Thanks so much. I just wish I could see them in person but they are not
close. I hope that "Kate" takes care of the wee one as much as she
can. MLB
Old July 23rd 13, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Maybe they'll name him Joffrey!

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old July 23rd 13, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Did you see them bring the baby out of the hospital this evening? They did
it their way and I thought it was lovely. I loved when William put the
baby seat in the car. Not an

easy task so I'm told. He did it first time
and you could see the relief he felt at not messing it up in front of the
World's press. I bet he'd been practising.

No. I didn't see that. Although I am very happy that all has gone well, I'm
gutted that it wasn't a girl.
I suspect there is a way for docs to help the chance of boys for the Royal
family. Charles & Diana had two boys. After one boy and then a girl, the
Queen went on to have two more boys.
Complete coincidence.
So the idea of having another Queen within 150 years is now shot :-(

Old July 24th 13, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

They haven't told us the name yet, as William said they're getting
to know him.

If babies got their names after the personalities they display
in their first few days of life, they'd all be called Genghis
or Caligula.

Old July 25th 13, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/23/2013 7:39 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
They haven't told us the name yet, as William said they're getting
to know him.

If babies got their names after the personalities they display
in their first few days of life, they'd all be called Genghis
or Caligula.

LOLOL! I don't have children so I have no idea how one goes about
naming a baby. Seems to me, at least in the US, if the baby is born in
a hospital you have to name it before you take the baby home. Good
question for legal eagles.

Then there are people who pore over books of baby names months before
the child is born. Looking for some deep prophetic name which will
somehow influence the life of the child.

My name means "Lighthearted". As I get older it seems more like
"Lightheaded".

I don't know where my mother came up with the name Jill. I *am*
grateful she didn't name me as planned, after both my grandmothers. If
she had, my name would have been (hyphenated) Hannah-Lena McQuown.

Jill (not Gill)
Old July 25th 13, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I know how I got my name. My parents were so sure I was going to be a boy that when I emerged minus a certain bit they hadn't even considered girls name and the only one they could think of was "Susan" (which is my middle name). Then mum's mum reminded her that she wanted the first grandchild (me) to be named after mum's brother Leslie who went missing presumed dead in WW2. I don't think my mum was entirely happy about it as she was very close to uncle Leslie but she agreed. I got off very lightly as her other brothers were George, Albert and Roger so I might have ended up being Rogerina or something.

In fact I got off lightly by not being a boy in the first place if I had been I would have been named Redmond Thomas Andrew, instead it fell to my brother who came about a year after me to bear those names. He's always been called "Jim" by everyone in the family, it was only after mum died that I found out he wasn't Redmond Thomas James

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 25th 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Did you see them bring the baby out of the hospital this evening? They
did it their way and I thought it was lovely. I loved when William put
the baby seat in the car. Not an

easy task so I'm told. He did it first time
and you could see the relief he felt at not messing it up in front of
the World's press. I bet he'd been practising.

No. I didn't see that. Although I am very happy that all has gone well,
I'm gutted that it wasn't a girl. I suspect there is a way for docs to
help the chance of boys for the Royal family. Charles & Diana had two
boys. After one boy and then a girl, the Queen went on to have two
more boys. Complete coincidence. So the idea of having another Queen
within 150 years is now shot :-(

Yes, I had hoped it would be a girl as the law has been changed and she
would have been the heir. Still it's a joyful occasion for people to enjoy
as well as for Kate and William. Something to cheer us all up a bit.

I'm glad it all went fine but I really wanted a girl.. They have called him
George.
I was surprised to hear today when Charles succeeds our present Queen,
he'll be known as George VII. ??
Why not Charles III or IV or whatever he is?
His name is Charles Philip Arthur George but why he will be George VII I
have not a clue.

Old July 25th 13, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
[...]

_________
I got my middle name from from my fathers sister who died in a fire during
the war before I was born.
I have a photo of her now thanks to Genes United- she was beautiful.
She was working for the army and didn't get out from it.

I am proud to have her name, Marie, as my middle name.
I've always pronounced it like it looks, Marree, but apparently it's
Mahree.