Persia and the Squirrel

Old December 22nd 13, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia and the Squirrel

Persia kept going over to the corner of the living room. There's a
table there with bone china teacups that belonged to my grandmother. (I
don't want her leaping and possibly breaking any of the teacups.)

A squirrel keeps jumping up on that ledge... I don't know why. But it
attracted her attention.

I went over and drew back the sheer curtain. Scared the squirrel away.
Persia put her paws up on the window frame to look outside. The
squirrel immediately hopped back up.

The look on that squirrels face when it saw Persia staring back at it
was priceless!!! UH OH!

Persia is standing guard duty. I don't think that squirrel will be back
on the window ledge any time soon.

Jill
Old December 22nd 13, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/22/2013 2:11 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Persia kept going over to the corner of the living room. There's a
table there with bone china teacups that belonged to my grandmother. (I
don't want her leaping and possibly breaking any of the teacups.)

A squirrel keeps jumping up on that ledge... I don't know why. But it
attracted her attention.

I went over and drew back the sheer curtain. Scared the squirrel away.
Persia put her paws up on the window frame to look outside. The
squirrel immediately hopped back up.

The look on that squirrels face when it saw Persia staring back at it
was priceless!!! UH OH!

Persia is standing guard duty. I don't think that squirrel will be back
on the window ledge any time soon.

Jill

I do wish I could have seen the look on that squirrel's face.

Wide-eyed it was! Oops!

What was the look on Persia's face?

Judith

The look on Persia's face was that of someone who discovered a burglar
trying to open a window. "Interloper!" would best describe it.

Jill
Old December 23rd 13, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Boyfie has not yet caught a squirrel, he shot up a tree after one but missed
it. I never knew he could go up a tree so fast, like 1 second, literally.
Took him longer to come down.

Tweed

Old December 23rd 13, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Squirrels are usually pretty good at escaping. They can leap from
tree to tree. Hopefully Boyfie won't attempt those kinds of aerial
acrobatics.

Jill
Old December 23rd 13, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in Squirrels are usually
pretty good at escaping. They can leap from

tree to tree. Hopefully Boyfie won't attempt those kinds of aerial
acrobatics.

Jill

He might because if he has an idea to catch a squirrel nothing will stop him
trying. I say to him "Look, you are are 11 now, just do the mice and small
rats. don't do squirrels"

Old December 23rd 13, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in Squirrels are usually
pretty good at escaping. They can leap from

tree to tree. Hopefully Boyfie won't attempt those kinds of aerial
acrobatics.

Jill

He might because if he has an idea to catch a squirrel nothing will stop him
trying. I say to him "Look, you are are 11 now, just do the mice and small
rats. don't do squirrels"

Nope, stay on the ground, Boyfie! Please don't leap across the treetops.

Jill
Old December 24th 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:16:27 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
The look on that squirrels face when it saw Persia staring back at it
was priceless!!! UH OH!

Persia is standing guard duty. I don't think that squirrel will be back
on the window ledge any time soon.

I thought she'd just look back at you like, "Look, a squirrel!"

Squirrel camera hog ScratchMonkey Cat anecdotes 6 August 19th 09 04:56 AM
Not a squirrel Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 March 16th 09 03:04 AM
decapitated squirrel honeybunch Cat health & behaviour 12 October 25th 08 05:06 PM
The Cat & the Squirrel jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 April 1st 08 11:22 PM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 10:46 PM