Miss Calico Girl

Old December 3rd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Miss Calico Girl

Miss Calico Girl (aka MCG) is the youngest and newest owner to adopt us.
She is a DSH calico with a tattercoat blend of black, cinnamon, and tan fur
and a white chin, bib, tummy, and paws. The two back paws each have a
different color toe (one side has a black toe and the other paw has a tan
one). Her nose is pink and her eyes are yellow. Her attitude is aloof and
her loyalties lean toward Mandy and me with an occasional nod to Rob and
Jim. Her purr is rumbly and she loves getting her back scritched and will
jerk her head back and forth and chatter when the scritching is done to her
liking.

MCG was dumped when her mistress was evicted from her mobile house in Hoke
County. Rob's CNA's boyfriend has an uncle who lives next to the park and
said that he was going to shoot MCG if she came on his property again, so
the CNA came to us. She brought the kitty over and MCG promptly moved into
Mandy's room. She refused to give us a name for her and we got desperate
enough that we were frantically tossing names at her. Most she treated with
disdain and the ear. Some she licked her tail at, and a few were so
offensive that she hissed at them. It got so that I once said something
about "Miss Calico Girl" and Merlin looked at her. That's when we knew that
she'd been named already. Her TED's office find her name hilarious and call
her MCG whenever we take her in. TED also finds her amusing and thinks that
she is one of the prettiest little calicos he gets to treat. When we first
got her, she was so thin that we thought she was an oriental mix. After she
got her figure back, we discovered that she is a cobby style kitty and has a
sweet round face.

MCG has attitude and a warped, subtle sense of humor. She once got Speedy
to chase Pine Cone by waiting until conditions were right then sneaking past
Piney, slapping Speedy on the butt with her claws out, then running past the
Piney one. Speedy thought it was PC who insulted his hind end and chased
Pine Cone down the hall and into the safety of our bedroom. Why PC didn't
smack her, I don't know. She loves to wake Mandy up at night by parking her
hind end on Mandy's forehead. She has also been known to walk back and
forth over Mandy's body until she is positive that Mandy is awake and then
curl up beside Mandy and fall asleep. Her attitude is acerbic and she tends
to use a lot of street talk to the other cats, especially the boys. She
doesn't mind QC or Tanada, but Tanada does mind her. They give each other a
lot of room. It works.

MCG doesn't really like being in a house with so many owners, especially the
d-kitty, but she makes the best of the situation. We love her a lot
although she is really shy and doesn't like to have too many humans around
her. One can tell that humans have let her down a lot as MCG acts like she
is waiting for the next disaster to happen. She really is a sweet little
thing.

Pam S.

Old December 3rd 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"hopitus" wrote in message

Could you post a url pic of her or a video link?

I can't seem to get photobucket to work tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

Pam S. bummed

Old December 3rd 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

What a lovely account of MCG. She sounds like a really interesting
character - she reminds me of Jessie.

I love reading your posts, Pam!

BTW, how is Rob doing? Has he found out whether he can stop his chemo?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 4th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

What a lovely account of MCG. She sounds like a really interesting
character - she reminds me of Jessie.

I love reading your posts, Pam!

BTW, how is Rob doing? Has he found out whether he can stop his chemo?

Thanks Lori. MCG is a lovely little girl, with a bad attitude. Rob had
another course of chemo on Monday. His November MRI showed no real change
and that, in this case, is good news. He'll continue to get chemo every two
weeks for the next two months then get another MRI and see what's up. The
nausea and vomiting are still occurring, mainly because he "forgets" to take
his meds, or claims that he has already and the bottle hasn't been opened.
Sigh. He still has a great attitude, but is more stubborn about trying to
do various activities. We try not to get excited about it, but he does need
to be coaxed to go to the store or shave. I've been thinking about taking
him on a road trip, but it is going to have to wait for a while.

Pam S.

Old December 4th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"hopitus" wrote in message

Could you post a url pic of her or a video link?

I can't seem to get photobucket to work tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

Pam S. bummed

Photobucket is now working. An early picture of MCG is at:

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=PB300048.jpg

I can't find my digital camera which has newer pictures on its memory card.

Pam S. proud of her little girlcat

Old December 4th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
Photobucket is now working. An early picture of MCG is at:

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=PB300048.jpg

I can't find my digital camera which has newer pictures on its memory card.

Pam S. proud of her little girlcat

Such a pretty girl.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 4th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanadashoes wrote:
Photobucket is now working. An early picture of MCG is at:

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=PB300048.jpg

She's adorable! I love the tan toe. She kind of looks more tortie-ish than
calico, but then she has all that white fur. And an orange nose and mouth!
I've never seen that before.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

His courage, and yours, simply amaze me. Fighting the good fight is a lot
easier said than done - when faced with the challenges your family is
facing, many people (and families) just fall apart. Give Rob a hug from me
please, and let him know that there are people all around the world who are
pulling for him to get through this latest challenge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 4th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

Could you post a url pic of her or a video link?

I can't seem to get photobucket to work tonight. I'll try again
tomorrow.

Pam S. bummed

Photobucket is now working. An early picture of MCG is at:

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=PB300048.jpg

I can't find my digital camera which has newer pictures on its memory
card.

Pam S. proud of her little girlcat

Oh, man, she's a purty little thang! You can see the cat-i-tude in her
face!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 5th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20latest%20pi...

I can't find my digital camera which has newer pictures on its memory card.

Pam S. �proud of her little girlcat

Her body and paws are almost indentical to Spicey's. Spicey's face is
different.
Suz&Spicey

Miss Calico Girl loses her leathers tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 5 July 3rd 08 02:10 AM
Miss Calico Girl update tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 13 February 27th 08 10:25 PM
Little calico Karen Cat anecdotes 2 May 15th 07 09:34 PM
I think Calico has a home Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 May 10th 06 10:25 PM