Dot likes memory foam

Old February 9th 13, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Dot likes memory foam

About a week ago, I swapped out my regular foam mattress for one of those
memory foam mattresses that are popular nowadays.

I found that it is quite comfortable, although it has an unexpected
characteristic that it makes me heat up at night. Since the foam takes your
body's shape, it tends to cocoon and insulate the underside of your body.

But whatever its effect on hoomins, I didn't think that the cats would pay
too much attention to the mattress. Aren't kitties too light to affect the
memory foam?

It turned out though that kitties do make their own small kitty-sized
depressions in the foam. Dot in particular took a liking to it, and now no
longer steals my chair - she prefers to stay snuggled in her warm kitty
dimple.

Buster also sleeps there alongside Dot. Spicey though, still prefers to
sleep on harder surfaces, such as the floor, the "apartment" of the cat
tree, or on top of her cardboard scratcher, and only visits the bed in the
morning.
Old February 10th 13, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AB

LOL! Too cute, Tak, too cute!

AB

Old February 10th 13, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/9/2013 5:42 PM, Takayuki wrote:
About a week ago, I swapped out my regular foam mattress for one of those
memory foam mattresses that are popular nowadays.

I found that it is quite comfortable, although it has an unexpected
characteristic that it makes me heat up at night. Since the foam takes your
body's shape, it tends to cocoon and insulate the underside of your body.

That would bug the heck out of me. I can't stand to be too warm when
I'm trying to sleep.

It turned out though that kitties do make their own small kitty-sized
depressions in the foam. Dot in particular took a liking to it, and now no
longer steals my chair - she prefers to stay snuggled in her warm kitty
dimple.

Kitty dimple. LOL I'm glad Dot (and Buster) approve.

Jill
Old February 10th 13, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

About a week ago, I swapped out my regular foam mattress for one of those
memory foam mattresses that are popular nowadays.

I found that it is quite comfortable, although it has an unexpected
characteristic that it makes me heat up at night. Since the foam takes your
body's shape, it tends to cocoon and insulate the underside of your body.

That's the main reason I haven't gone out and bought myself a memory
foam mattress. It's comfortable in terms of support, but it's definitely
too warm.

It turned out though that kitties do make their own small kitty-sized
depressions in the foam. Dot in particular took a liking to it, and now no
longer steals my chair - she prefers to stay snuggled in her warm kitty
dimple.

Aww.

--
Joyce

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old February 11th 13, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2013 4:27 PM, Bastette wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

About a week ago, I swapped out my regular foam mattress for one of those
memory foam mattresses that are popular nowadays.

I found that it is quite comfortable, although it has an unexpected
characteristic that it makes me heat up at night. Since the foam takes your
body's shape, it tends to cocoon and insulate the underside of your body.

That's the main reason I haven't gone out and bought myself a memory
foam mattress. It's comfortable in terms of support, but it's definitely
too warm.

And not cheap! When I came here to help my mom the mattress on "my" bed
was hard as a rock. I looked at memory-foam bed toppers. *Anything* to
make that mattress more comfortable! But no, I wasn't going to pay
$200+ to cushion that mattress. Then a passing sales clerk mentioned
how warm they are. Mom kept the thermostat set to a minimum of 80F. I
was already sleeping with the windows open in January. I definitely
didn't need to be any warmer!

It turned out though that kitties do make their own small kitty-sized
depressions in the foam. Dot in particular took a liking to it, and now no
longer steals my chair - she prefers to stay snuggled in her warm kitty
dimple.

Aww.

I know, she sounds so cute and comfy

Jill
Old February 12th 13, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:17:23 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

On 2/10/2013 4:27 PM, Bastette wrote:

That's the main reason I haven't gone out and bought myself a memory
foam mattress. It's comfortable in terms of support, but it's definitely
too warm.

And not cheap! When I came here to help my mom the mattress on "my" bed
was hard as a rock. I looked at memory-foam bed toppers. *Anything* to
make that mattress more comfortable! But no, I wasn't going to pay
$200+ to cushion that mattress. Then a passing sales clerk mentioned
how warm they are. Mom kept the thermostat set to a minimum of 80F. I
was already sleeping with the windows open in January. I definitely
didn't need to be any warmer!

It's pretty good right now in February during the snowstorm. But come
summer, I might be joining Spicey on the floor.
Old February 12th 13, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:29:49 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article , Takayuki
wrote:
Buster also sleeps there alongside Dot. Spicey though, still prefers to
sleep on harder surfaces, such as the floor, the "apartment" of the cat
tree, or on top of her cardboard scratcher, and only visits the bed in
the morning.

That's so sweet. I'm imagining the Dot and Buster in their kitty dimples.
I'm sure Spicey will try out when no one else is around and find out she
loves it too.

I think that one issue is that Buster is territorial about two spots: He
blocks Spicey from visiting me when I'm in the bathroom or shower, and he
also tries to bodily shove Spicey off the bed if he sees her getting on it
while I'm sleeping.

He backs down though if I touch him on the head or shoulder, almost as
though he has a snooze button. Then, he just meatloafs between me and
Spicey and frowns at her. I'm not sure what his problem is with those two
locations. He gives Spicey free rein everywhere else, and also never does
this to Dot. He also doesn't seem to care about Spicey going to the bed or
bathroom as long as I'm not there.
Old February 12th 13, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Takayuki wrote:

[...]

We also have been mattress shopping, and checked into these "memory
foam" styles (along with the sleep number (air) mattress - we've seen
enough bad reviews from both to go with a traditional).

They do, however, have a newer version of the memory foam - it is
infused with a blue gel that helps to keep you cool. They have a 'test'
square in the stores we went to that is half normal and half
gel-infused. You can put your hand on it for a few minutes and the half
with the gel infusing really does feel cooler than the 'normal' half.

The bad thing on those is that I like to be warm when I sleep, but hubby
runs hot. we would need one that is half cooling gel and half normal.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Thread of Memory Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 October 31st 11 09:31 PM
In memory of Brio Brio's Kim Cat anecdotes 9 June 2nd 07 11:06 PM
Sad day in Memory jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 April 4th 06 06:42 PM
In Memory of Sammy Michael Harrison Russell Cats - misc 12 September 8th 03 04:38 AM
A Sweep memory Marina Cat anecdotes 2 August 18th 03 10:17 PM