If we ever needed purrs

Old October 1st 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default If we ever needed purrs- Its official

Lesley wrote:
snip
Gonna go to bed now- rant over

Lesley

Worn out slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Keep ranting, you need an outlet from all the stress. Continuing purrs for
you and Dave. When you see the doctors, just think, another little prick
with a needle.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old October 1st 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs- update some one give me a wall!

Christina Websell wrote:

.. Who referred him to
the hospital social workers in the first place, and why?

We don't know who referred him

Whoever *they* are do not need to understand how important your furballs
are - it is none of their business, and tell them so in no uncertain terms.
I don't understand what is going on here. Is there something you haven't
told me? Are they accusing you of neglect? of not managing? anything?

I can understand some of their worries. Basically this all goes back to
the saga of his foot, which I asked people to purr for in January. It
actually started to heal really well but Dave had a fall and admitted
to me that lost him his confidence

Then WW3 started in the house...Dave has a few big faults. he's proud
and he's stubborn and his favourite word is "Tomorrow". His middle name
ought to be "Procrastination" (Its Alexander). Also he hates hospitals
and worries about just this sort of thing ie social services getting
involved, he wouldn't admit it but he is sensitive about their idiotic
perception of him as a disabled person (If you go on functionality
incidentally you know "activities of daily living" he wasn't disabled
until this business started) and he's been proved right on that one

Anyway I have begged, pleaded, threatened, discussed, cajoled,
attempted bribery- the only reasons I haven't held a gun to a Furballs
head and said "Get it sorted or the kitten gets it" are I don't have a
gun, I would never do a thing like that and if it were Sarsi I would
have ended up in casualty! (If it were Dunzi she would have just given
me a big wide eyed sweet look and I would have burst into tears)

I warned the twit several times that I wasn't sure dragging himself
around the house on his back and backside was a good idea but if he
doesn't want me to inspect his back then it comes down to one issue,,,

He's not a child. I might think he was being an idiot but as the saying
goes "I may not agree to what you say but I will defend your right to
say it". He's telling me in no uncertain terms that even if I did call
an ambulance he would refuse to get into it. He is compos mentis

And another issue the doctors have is that some of them don't seem to
be able to see beyond me as a paid carer because that's what disabled
people have. But I am NOT a trained carer, I don't get paid for this
(In fact it's costing me a fortune in soft drinks, TV cards (What a
con!)) and maybe I haven't done the best job but I've done the best job
I can!

Anyway at the point where he went delirious (He was convinced the
police where watching the place and that the telly was on even when it
wasn't- for some reason he thought he was watching "Die Feidermause"-
forgive spelling) I said "Right! You are now unable to argue rationally
someone has to step in and do something!" but until that point to act
to him as if he were a child and/or retarded (He's an idiot it's not
the same thing) isn't something I would want to do

Would you believe the stupid b***er still managed to hold me off for 2
hours!? He seemed to get a bit better and he started going through the
arguments and options. Phone the GP? Ignore things and see how he is in
the morning? He still had to be coaxed into agreeing to go to hospital

So a guy turns up, whom the medical profession see as disabled with
carpet burns down his back, delirious (On Saturday a week ago he asked
me how I got there and when I said I just jumped in a cab, he said
"From Wales?"- but to be fair he lept telling me he could see a
brightly lit building something like a nightclub/bar complex and I told
him he was dreaming it and then when I went for a walk I realised it's
the new pathology building!) accompanied by what they percieve as his
paid professional carer (Ibecause their paradigm says disabled people
don't have normal partners)- you can understand why their panic buttons
went off!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 1st 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Adrian A wrote:
Keep ranting, you need an outlet from all the stress. Continuing purrs for
you and Dave. When you see the doctors, just think, another little prick
with a needle.

And where was the BW warning with that? Lucky I'd just put my coffee
down!

The next time I see a doctor I am probably going to start giggling!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 1st 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

CATherine wrote:

Go have a manicure or a massage.

Or stroke a furball- they're confused because Dave is at home all day
and now he's gone and I keep going out. I think they're worried that I
might disappear as well and then who will feed them?... Sarsi is being
exceptionally affectionate

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 1st 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs

Lesley wrote:

Just paid it this morning...and cleaned the litter tray..what an
exciting life I am leading at the moment!

And now the toilet has just blocked! So I've had to call the ward to
tell them I am gonna be late and arm myself with the trusty plunger!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 1st 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
Keep ranting, you need an outlet from all the stress. Continuing
purrs for you and Dave. When you see the doctors, just think,
another little prick with a needle.

And where was the BW warning with that? Lucky I'd just put my coffee
down!

The next time I see a doctor I am probably going to start giggling!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm glad you can still laugh. You and Dave will both get through this.

Old October 1st 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Ah, thank you for the explanation. I understand a bit better now why the
panic buttons went off. They thought he was self-neglecting and that you
were going along with it.
You might like to remind this stubborn chap of yours that this sort of thing
is liable to happen if he doesn't take control over his own health and
recognise when he needs to go to hospital before he gets to this stage.
I am not a bit surprised now you have told me this, why the social workers
got involved.
It *could* have been that you were his carer - and they probably assumed so,
and that you were not caring for him properly in that he was dragging
himself around and getting carpet burns before help was sought. They are
pretty alert to what is considered a "vulnerable adult" who they perceive
isn't being cared for properly and it does happen that such a person is
neglected by their carers.

You must tell Dave quite firmly about how these misconceptions can happen
and what he needs to do to ensure it doesn't happen again. That is: go to
hospital a long while before you get carpet burns.
Carpet burns on a disabled person will set alarm bells ringing all over the
hospital. "Has he been dragged?"

Tweed

Old October 2nd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Christina Websell wrote:

Ah, thank you for the explanation. I understand a bit better now why the
panic buttons went off. They thought he was self-neglecting and that you
were going along with it.

Dearest Tweed

Thank you for not condemming me when I sent that email I thought people
would be saying why didn't I do anything sooner? Believeme I was
stressing out as well....Got to the point where I was having a quick
drink after work and staying later than I should have because I got
scared to go home. And sometimes after a hard day at work (Please
remember at the point where it all went downhill I was facing
redundancy as well and other trivia like my mum's birthday which as
she's only been gone a couple of years is still hard for me) I confess
it was easier to go with the flow. Our neighbour visited today and told
him that she could hear me screaming at him! In a way I am kinda glad
its finally getting sorted

You might like to remind this stubborn chap of yours that this sort of thing
is liable to happen if he doesn't take control over his own health

Believe me he has learnt a hard lesson. You have to understand that
when he was a kid his mother used to have these odd turns when she
would suddenly start whacking him and asking why God had cursed her
with a disabled child-she wondered what sin she had done to so curse
her! She did this in public and no-one stopped it..No wonder he's a
little weird...I sometimes think we both connect because of that...okay
....well that's another story me and my mum....and he's spent a lot of
his life trying to deal with that, Even now his mum's big consideration
even as he's lying in hospital was roughtly that he had a beard!!!!
Apparently that is disgusting and people will look at him and think bad
thoughts and the staff at the hospital will somehow think he is
"inferior" and not treat him properly because he has a beard. As I say
people might stare if I had a beard but in a ward of 12 patients 4 of
them have the "shameful beard"

and
recognise when he needs to go to hospital before he gets to this stage.

Believe me he now says that if he gets so much as a cough he is going
to the docs

You must tell Dave quite firmly about how these misconceptions can happen
and what he needs to do to ensure it doesn't happen again. That is: go to
hospital a long while before you get carpet burns.
Carpet burns on a disabled person will set alarm bells ringing all over the
hospital. "Has he been dragged?"

He was dragging himself I warned him of the risks

Thanks

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 2nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Stubborn men. Or I guess its just plain stubborn people.

Charlie still has trouble thanks to his damn pride. When he fell a couple
of years ago and broke his heel, he had a lot of trouble using crutches. So
he didn't. He knew he was in really big trouble if he put any weight on the
heel but I guess he thought the rest of his body was invulnerable. In the
process of several months of pulling himself around the house on the floor
he managed to damage the opposite knee. So now he has a barely passable
foot on one side and a permanently sore knee on the other.

Not to mention he had no business up on the damn ladder when he was home
alone in the first place.

I know from stubborn partners.

Jo

Old October 2nd 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs- Today I was a prat

Hi all

After unblocking the loo I found Sarsi had taken up residence on the
curtain rail but I have the secret weapon for her...Feather onna stick!

She sits there and it's like " I am a cat and a superior being of
course. I know you are trying to lure me down with that toy....MUST NOT
CHASE FEATHER ONNA STICK" alas for her she alway does

Dave's okay a bit bored but that's all glad to get my i-pod (Thanks
Katrina)

His first demand is does the cafe do takeaways? He wasn't sure what the
meat was in today's dinner and is hungry. Local cafe has knowing wink
when I ask they tell me its a common request and they think they have
saved many people from malnuriton by their service I take back a HUGE
mixed grill which he eats to the extent thst I think he may have left a
mushroom

As it was enormous I think we can say he has a good apetite

Also cheered by Esther and Reg (Our neighbours) coming along to see him

Spent a lot of today just being quiet..He was listening to sounds and I
was half asleep

(Home is now starting to feel normal without him I just got out an CD
and started to play it albeit low in case anyone is interested it's
Fish's "Return to Childhood" an excellent disc useful to me as I did
modern dance training years ago and often feel the need to stretch
myself- you can criticise me for having a serious physical work out if
you want but when I am dancing things don't feel so bad)

Anyway I ended the day as a prat I was about to go and Dave asked for 5
minutes and I sat down,,,and kept sitting down....

The cheap nasty chair collapsed! Now okay I am a little bruised I
landed on my hip (Then again I just did a fairly elaborate turn and it
didn't hurt so I guess it ain't serious) and smacked my knee but I got
up and the nurse was "Are you okay?" and I am like "This is Mother
Natures way of telling me to lose a few pounds" ie it's embarassing but
that's all, And the guy in the next bed and his family start offering
themselves as witnesses "She can sue the NHS for a lot of money"

Me? It's a silly accident, I should lose a few pounds, these things
happen I am more embarrassed them anything else and I certainly don't
need these prats pointing this out I mean I hardly want to be known in
the ward!!! Then one of them tells me he has a phone number for a
lawyer who can get me compensation

I used un ladylike laguage at that ponnt

Time for bed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabolus Furballs