Dental Purrs Needed

Old December 2nd 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Dental Purrs Needed

I noticed Jessie had bad breath last night and when I checked her teeth they
were in a horrid state - to the point that her gums were inflamed (OMG what
a bad mommy I feel like for not noticing this sooner!!). I got her in today
for a dental, and I'm very nervous about it. She's only 9 and she's in
better shape than Da Boyz (she chases the red dot greeble up and down the
stairs, running full out, 20 - 25 times in a row and doesn't even get
winded). But, of course, any time a cat goes under anesthesia there the
possibility of complications.

Some dental purrs for Jessie would be appreciated (hopefully she won't have
to have any, or not too many extractions), and some calming purrs for me
would also be nice.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old December 2nd 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 2, 11:33*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
I noticed Jessie had bad breath last night and when I checked her teeth they
were in a horrid state - to the point that her gums were inflamed (OMG what
a bad mommy I feel like for not noticing this sooner!!). *I got her in today
for a dental, and I'm very nervous about it. *She's only 9 and she's in
better shape than Da Boyz (she chases the red dot greeble up and down the
stairs, running full out, 20 - 25 times in a row and doesn't even get
winded). *But, of course, any time a cat goes under anesthesia there the
possibility of complications.

Some dental purrs for Jessie would be appreciated (hopefully she won't have
to have any, or not too many extractions), and some calming purrs for me
would also be nice.

Safety purrs for an uneventful visit to the TED dentist for her and
calm purrs for you.

--
Will in New Haven

Old December 2nd 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Dental Purrs Needed - Update

The vet just called, Jessie came through just fine and she didn't even have
to have an extraction. They said getting the tartar off should help the gum
inflammation, but that I need to regularly brush her teeth to prevent it
from coming back. My poor fingers! :O

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 2nd 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
I noticed Jessie had bad breath last night and when I checked her
teeth they were in a horrid state - to the point that her gums were
inflamed (OMG what a bad mommy I feel like for not noticing this
sooner!!). I got her in today for a dental, and I'm very nervous
about it. She's only 9 and she's in better shape than Da Boyz (she
chases the red dot greeble up and down the stairs, running full out,
20 - 25 times in a row and doesn't even get winded). But, of course,
any time a cat goes under anesthesia there the possibility of
complications.
Some dental purrs for Jessie would be appreciated (hopefully she
won't have to have any, or not too many extractions), and some
calming purrs for me would also be nice.

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 2nd 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old December 2nd 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Purrs for the both of you!
Christine

Old December 2nd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I noticed Jessie had bad breath last night and when I checked her teeth
they were in a horrid state - to the point that her gums were inflamed (OMG
what a bad mommy I feel like for not noticing this sooner!!). *I got her in
today for a dental, and I'm very nervous about it. *She's only 9 and she's
in better shape than Da Boyz (she chases the red dot greeble up and down
the stairs, running full out, 20 - 25 times in a row and doesn't even get
winded). *But, of course, any time a cat goes under anesthesia there the
possibility of complications.

Some dental purrs for Jessie would be appreciated (hopefully she won't
have to have any, or not too many extractions), and some calming purrs for
me would also be nice.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/- Hide quoted text -

I have been brushing Rusty's teeth regularly since I adopted him 13
years ago.
He still had to have 2 teeth removed a few years back due to feline
resorption lesion which is like human tooth cavity. But other than
that, the vet said his teeth were
pretty good for cats of his age. Rusty is now 14 1/2.

To protect my finger during tooth brushing, I use the timble like
brush for cats.
Rusty has never bitten me while having his teeth brushed.

Winnie

Old December 3rd 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken