Poll: Who is the softest touch?

Old December 3rd 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Poll: Who is the softest touch?

Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? I am
in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm eating
anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a banana deserves
a good sniff.

Pam S. wondering

Old December 3rd 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Who is the softest touch?

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering.
Who is the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are
cruising? I am in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather
around when I'm eating anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein
noodles, but even a banana deserves a good sniff.

Charlie is without question the softest touch around here. Every cat
or dog that's ever even visited here knows that.

If he isn't available, then the grandsons are the next best thing.

Mom's got these silly notions about nutrition and behavior and all
that nonsense.

Jo

Old December 3rd 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? I
am in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm
eating anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a
banana deserves a good sniff.

Charlie is without question the softest touch around here. Every cat or
dog that's ever even visited here knows that.

If he isn't available, then the grandsons are the next best thing.

Mom's got these silly notions about nutrition and behavior and all that
nonsense.

Jo

I have that silly notion, too Persia has never gotten people food, at
least not with permission (unless you count the very, very rare Cheez-It
cracker). On top of that her bladder surgery she had was enough to
reinforce the nutrition thing. I only give her the prescription food the
vet recommended. As for behavior, I find begging unseemly. You can't stop
it entirely of course but you can refuse to succumb to it.

Jill

Old December 3rd 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:32:13 -0500, tanadashoes wrote:

Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who
is the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising?
I am in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm
eating anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a
banana deserves a good sniff.

Pam S. wondering

No doubt about it - me. Nancy is also something of a soft touch, but
everyone knows that if they look at and meow I *will* give them some of
whatever I've got.

Dan
Old December 3rd 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Wait until you can get a cat who can open the fridge. Then, you have to
keep cheeze and such in a closed container. Only Miz Piglet can open things
but, if it isn't in the original packaging, she won't try to open
containers..YET.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 9:01 pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

m... Christine's
question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering.
Who is the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are
cruising? I am in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather
around when I'm eating anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein
noodles, but even a banana deserves a good sniff.

Charlie is without question the softest touch around here. Every cat
or dog that's ever even visited here knows that.

If he isn't available, then the grandsons are the next best thing.

Mom's got these silly notions about nutrition and behavior and all
that nonsense.

Jo

someone who watches and medicates to lower cholesterol has very little
business snacking on tasty cheeses.....but telling oneself it's better
for
you than sweets usually works; my cats love cheese, and will even dig
right in to limburger and gorgonzola (smelly, strong flavored). I
can't
refuse them a cube or two; one cries loudly for it, and the other just
gets right up and sticks his face in it. Like that pop song, "Hungry
Eyes".

Old December 3rd 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? I am
in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm eating
anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a banana
deserves a good sniff.

Pam S. wondering

All of mine steer clear of Ben lest they get swooped up in the vacuum he
creates as he shovels his food into his mouth and get eaten themselves (I
always wonder how he doesn't live with heartburn but, unfortunately for me,
it just gives him gas).

Mine always come to me whenever they want a hand-out - even to the point of
crawling in my lap and helping themselves to whatever's in my plate!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 3rd 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 2, 10:32*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. *Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? *I am
in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm eating
anything. *BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a banana deserves
a good sniff.

Our biggest, in all respects, foody is Bear, the d*g. He stays between
Mickey's chair and mine when we are eating but his looks in my
direction are more frequent and more, justifiably, optimistic. We have
to watch out for his prehensile nose which reaches closer and closer
to the food on the table as he snoodles for more. I am by far the
softer touch for walks as he will ruff at me anytime he thinks he can
get me to take him out, which I usually will.

Sunrise is our second-biggest foody, although she is quite dainty and
slim. The problem with Sunny is that she doesn't wait for handouts.
She jumps onto the table when something she likes is there. And
stopping her before she has eaten it isn't good enough. You have to
stop her before she can sneeze on it, a hobby of hers.

None of the rest want any people food unless we are having fresh fish.
Then the pack closes in. But I simply put a small dish on the feeding-
counter for the multitudes and they don't come bother us.

When it comes to cat treats, whoever has the bag when the groceries
are opened becomes very popular.

Whenever either of us are near the cages, the sound of parrots
demanding peanuts is not far behind. I gave Buddy Macaw a grape the
other day. She ate it and seemed to enjoy it. Then she fixed me with a
beady stare and said, with emphasis, "want PEANUT," as if I might not
be too bright.

--
Will in New Haven

Old December 3rd 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:32:13 -0500, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? I am
in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm eating
anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a banana deserves
a good sniff.

Pam S. wondering

I'm the easiest mark in the known universe when it comes to a pleading
look... the girls know it too - every time I get something edible they
gather at my feet and try to look half-starved so that I'll know they
really really need a snack...
Old December 4th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

tanadashoes wrote:
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are
cruising? I am in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather
around when I'm eating anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein
noodles, but even a banana deserves a good sniff.

The Yowlet, without a doubt. In fact, he *gives* them food whether they ask
for it or not - and there's always the vegemite toast crusts he's left down
the back of the sofa. Fluffy knows to go hunting for them (saves me doing
it!)

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old December 4th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Christine's question to Tak about giving snacks has me wondering. Who is
the softest touch in your house when the carpet sharks are cruising? I am
in our house and they all (even the d-kitty) gather around when I'm eating
anything. BTW, they all adore chow mein noodles, but even a banana
deserves a good sniff.

Pam S. wondering

Everyone mooches from me because I am their slave after all:

Midnight is particularly found of crackers and carbs;

Robin will go absolutely nutso over any seafood we are eating, especially
shrimp!

Tucker likes vanilla yogurt;

Oreo will wait next to (or truthfully, mostly on) the table till we (I mean
"I") give her a tidbit of what I'm eating at dinner.

Christine