Is it just me, or...

Old December 4th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Is it just me, or...

:-)Liz wrote:
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and
just getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on
Oct 26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and
there are MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and Disability...his
bankruptcy ...his meds... my sister issues... Just
total C*ap...If anyone has a spare purr I desperately need one!...
Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've not got to read anything
since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You Guys! :-( Liz

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Liz }}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Adrian

Old December 4th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Oh, Liz - mega purrs coming for you. I'm so sorry for all you're going
through - thinking of you. Make sure you take care of your health and
remember to eat and sleep when things are so stressful.
purrs,
Christine
":-)Liz" wrote in message
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and just
getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on Oct
26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and there are
MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and Disability...his bankruptcy
...his meds... my sister issues... Just total C*ap...If anyone has a spare
purr I desperately need one!... Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've
not got to read anything since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You
Guys! :-( Liz

wrote in message
Has this newsgroup been kind of dead lately? With the exception of
one or two spirited threads, it seems like hardly anybody's posting.
Where is everyone?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 4th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Has this newsgroup been kind of dead lately? With the exception of
one or two spirited threads, it seems like hardly anybody's posting.
Where is everyone?

--
Joyce ^..^

I'm sorry, I've been innundated with the details of my mother's estate.
It's amazing all the cra... um, hoops you have to jump through when someone
dies. When my father died Mom said something like "what happened to the
good old days when you dug a hole, friends came over (with food), you had a
service and then ate?" And she didn't even deal with the details, I did!
That was much less complicated since everything passed directly to her.

I'm having to take her estate through probate so everything (with a few
exceptions) can be split three ways according to her Will. I've been
meeting with her attorney, gathering information, etc. Things should calm
down for me next week. For a little while, anyway.

Jill

Old December 4th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

":-)Liz" wrote in message
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and just
getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on Oct
26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and there are
MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and Disability...his bankruptcy
...his meds... my sister issues... Just total C*ap...If anyone has a spare
purr I desperately need one!... Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've
not got to read anything since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You
Guys! :-( Liz

Purrs on the way. I'm dealing with the details of my mother's estate, too.
She died on 11/22.

Jill

Old December 4th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Has this newsgroup been kind of dead lately? With the exception of
one or two spirited threads, it seems like hardly anybody's posting.
Where is everyone?

I know I haven't been posting much lately. I've been kind of down since the
Big Dood went to RB. And I have a bit of winter blues.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 4th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

":-)Liz" wrote in message
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and just
getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on Oct
26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and there are
MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and Disability...his bankruptcy
...his meds... my sister issues... Just total C*ap...If anyone has a spare
purr I desperately need one!... Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've
not got to read anything since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You
Guys! :-( Liz

Purrs on the way. Nothin' but purrs around here.

Old December 4th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:17:33 -0800 (PST), hopitus
wrote:

On Dec 3, 7:02 pm, wrote:
Has this newsgroup been kind of dead lately? With the exception of
one or two spirited threads, it seems like hardly anybody's posting.
Where is everyone?

--
Joyce ^..^

For those who have nothing else to do while staying inside out of the
nasty
weather....like me this evening, here is something we've been having
fun
with.....

http://www.greenies.com/seasonsgreen....aspx?csid=660

Read the rules first; we're stuck at Level 7.

I got up to level 7 too... can't hit those puppies to save my life
though! And all that clicking made my hand too sore to try it again
any time soon.
Old December 4th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 3, 8:15*pm, ":-\)Liz" wrote:
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and just
getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on Oct
26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and there are
MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and *Disability...his bankruptcy
...his meds... my sister issues... Just total C*ap...If anyone has a spare
purr I desperately need one!... Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've
not got to read anything since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You Guys!

Purrs for you Liz and for Jill-Sorting out estates is such a mess when
my mum died it took 6 months to get the solicitor to gather up bank
accounts etc and issue the cheques (and my brother after many calls
found that probate was granted 6 weeks after mum died) then for
various reasons it tool until July of the next year to sell the flat
(Don't panic Jill! There was a specific problem with subsistence that
had to be sorted out before we could put it on the market) and to this
day many of the bits and pieces she had collected are still in my
brother's garage (Mum had a magpie attitude to collecting- some of it
we know is probably worth something and some of it is rubbish. She
could quite happily display those awful little statues of wide eyed
kids alongside her complete set of Royal Albert "Country Roses"
dinnerwear- she collected that ever since someone gave her some cups
and saucers as a wedding present and ended up with the full set)
waiting for a friend of Ron's to value them. And her ashes are still
in there as well I am hoping to meet my brothers over Xmas and try and
sort this last bit out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 4th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Has this newsgroup been kind of dead lately? With the exception of
one or two spirited threads, it seems like hardly anybody's posting.
Where is everyone?

Busy with RL, sorry. Its coming up to Christmas and its just gettingbusier
and busier and busier. I finally got my cards away - 98 in total. Aplogies
to all who would have liked an Australian stamp, I didn't have the time
and took the 'bulk mail' discount option.

Havign been to the local shopping mall (to go to the post office to send
the cards) and seeing that even with three weeks to go the crowds are
*hell* (thougth we were in dire economic times???) I've decided that if i
can't buy it online I am not buying it. Don'tcare if I have to pay for
postage, it will be far cheaper than paying for hte psychiatric ward I'd
surely be put in if I had to fight those crowds again.

I know its supposed to be a special time of year, but I really really
don't like Christmas.

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

I'm with you, Yowie! This is supposed to be the happiest, most joyful time
of year - but there are so many, many people for whom this is the saddest
time of year. When you're on the outside looking in, when people are
celebrating friends and family but you have neither, when people are dining
and wining but you can't afford groceries, when people are dancing at
parties but you are unable to get out of bed... it's that stark contrast
that makes for even deeper depression than you may already be dealing with.
It's not illogical that more suicides are committed at Christmas than any
other time of year combined.

Oh, man, didn't mean to go there... I guess I'm feeling a bit down myself.

On a brighter note, as I said in a different thread, my cards are in the
mail! I haven't bought a single present yet, but I think I'm going to
either be sending Visa cards (for my younger family members, since nobody
wants anything picked out by MaMere), or shopping online like you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 4th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

":-)Liz" wrote in message
I wish I could be around..... I could sure use the support, humor and just
getting some time to myself...but since my Mother passed away on Oct
26th...I've been stuck trying to handle everything alone...and there are
MAJOR problems with the estate, my brother and Disability...his bankruptcy
...his meds... my sister issues... Just total C*ap...If anyone has a spare
purr I desperately need one!... Huggs and purrs to all those in need...I've
not got to read anything since the 27th...So I'm Clueless...I Miss You
Guys! :-( Liz

Mega coping purrs are on their way! Try to make time for the group if you
can - it's a wellspring of sanity in an insane world!

Hugs,

CatNipped