What is you're favourite breed of cat?

Old December 4th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default What is you're favourite breed of cat?

I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbylover
http://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/
Old December 4th 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I, for one, don't have a favorite breed of cat. I just seem to take what
Bast sends my way. These seem to be of the Heinz 57 variety and are
wonderful cats.

Old December 4th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 4, 1:01*am, wrote:
I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbyloverhttp://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I think you're talking about coat color, more so than breed, right?
I have a real soft spot for black and white tuxedo cats. And I've
always loved solid black cats, though I've never had one! I always
thought Karen C.'s clowder was gorgeous. They're always so sleek
and shiny -- like little mini-jaguars.

Sherry
Old December 4th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote

| I've always loved solid black cats, though I've never had one!
I They're always so sleek and shiny -- like little mini-jaguars.

Hey, Sherry... I've got a mini-jaguar for you. I meant to give him to you in
trade for Billy and Lily. And Lily wishes I had not forgotten to do this.
Now that the price of gas has come down, I can afford to meet you in
Tulsa....

Old December 4th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Dec 4, 12:01*am, wrote:
I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbyloverhttp://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

Let me see... I have a tabby short hair boy (Barnabus), a black and
white long hair girl (Smokie), a white and black long hair girl
(Pandora), a Siamese short hair mix boy (Leonidas), a Flame Point
Siamese short hair (Jebediah), a Snowshoe Siamese medium length hair
(Marley), and a Lynx Point Siamese short hair (Smeagol).

We won't count the outside kitties, though I adore them, and take care
of them too, they aren't really *my* cats, I'm just their current
hoomin.

Considering all but Smokie were dumped cats (well Marely and Smeagol
were born in my house from a stray), I would presume I like the breed
of cat that reads the sign outside that says (in cat language and
invisible):

"Come to this house. The Hoomin will feed you and love you and take
care of you."
Old December 4th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbylover
http://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I like the ones that purr! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 4th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

I think you're talking about coat color, more so than breed, right?
I have a real soft spot for black and white tuxedo cats. And I've
always loved solid black cats, though I've never had one! I always
thought Karen C.'s clowder was gorgeous. They're always so sleek
and shiny -- like little mini-jaguars.

I agree about the coat color vs breed question. In general I'm not very
drawn to purebreds, although there are exceptions (Abyssinians and Maine
Coons come to mind). But I like moggies the best, probably because that's
what we had when I was growing up, so I "imprinted" on them.

Fave coat colors:

- Brown tabby with white ("Roxy/Caliban style")
- Orange and white ("Creamsicle cats")
- Black/white tux or solid black
- Fuzzy grey kitties
- Calico

Recently I've become more appreciative of the beauty of some Siamese
and Birman cats, especially chocolate point. Their blue eyes in a dark
brown face are very dramatic.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 5th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 1:01 am, wrote:
I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbyloverhttp://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I think you're talking about coat color, more so than breed, right?
I have a real soft spot for black and white tuxedo cats. And I've
always loved solid black cats, though I've never had one! I always
thought Karen C.'s clowder was gorgeous. They're always so sleek
and shiny -- like little mini-jaguars.

Sherry

Yes, assuming that this is really a question about color, I have decided
that my favorite color is whatever cat I have at the time. Years ago, I
dreamed of having a gray purebred Persian cat (which really does involve
breed + color). I was a gradyate student, and that was before I adopted my
first cat. I also could not afford a purebred cat of any kind, but my
neighbor offered to help me trap a gray long-haired feral cat. If I had
known then what I know now, I would have known that it wasn't wise to pick a
feral cat for my very first cat. I'm glad I didn't know, though, because he
became an absolutely wonderful companion. Over the years, I began to read
about all the cats that were euthanized because they did not have homes, so
I decided that I did not want a purebred cat. Gray was my favorite color.
When he died at the age of 20, I adopted Amber -- a gorgeous white cat with
reddish markings, obviously part-Siamese although she had long hair. Then
that color became my favorite, but I still preferred long-haired cats. My
preference for long-haired cats was simply because that was what I had
experience with, and I loved them. Then I got Holly. Suddenly, black
became a favored color, and it was no longer important to have a long-haired
cat. Finally, I adopted Duffy. Now I find that both black (Holly) and
gray-and-white (Duffy) are spectacular.

In other words: I have learned that my favorite color and also the length
of fur is whatever cat I have at the time. They are all beautiful, glorious
creatures. Most important, they are loving, special companions.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old December 5th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:01:34 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbylover
http://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I am especially fond of tuxedo cats, white cats, and calico cats.
Because that is what have had, or have now.

I would love to get an orange tabby some day. (With white boots, chest
and some white on his face, if available).

And a gray cat.

And a black cat.

And a brown tabby with classic white markings, just like Caliban.

And a siamese mix, just to have a cat with blue eyes!

But since any cat I get will be a shelter cat, or in foster care, I just
want one who is very sweet and friendly; a lap kitty.

Because that's what's REALLY important

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old December 5th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

wrote:

I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbylover
http://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I've never had a pure bred cat - all mine have been mutts, or moggies,
or as TED (our group's term for a vet or 'the evil doctor' in our
cats' eyes) would say I have domestic short hair cats. If the others
who have responded are right that you mean what color - well I'd have
to say tuxedo girls. I have two b&w tuxies, Little Bit and her
daughter Sammy, and two tabby tuxies, Princess and her daughter Furby.
That's not to say I don't love those b&w spotted Holstein kitties, I
currently have one, Spotty, and used to have a tom named Rocky Balboa
(RB). I also like the long haired ones like the neighbor Frank, and
gray haired tabbys like his younger fur-sibling Little Sis.

Favourite pictures Marina Cat anecdotes 3 October 9th 07 09:44 PM
My favourite cat things.... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 30 February 17th 07 09:21 PM
Favourite toys Kate Cat anecdotes 10 July 22nd 05 02:38 PM
A new 'favourite spot' Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 5 July 21st 05 03:23 PM
Who are your favourite catpersons? Bobcat Cat anecdotes 13 September 18th 04 10:56 AM