Where's Frank

Old December 5th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default Where's Frank

As many of you know, Frank is a long haired, blue eyed, orange eared
white cat that lives across the alley from my apartment
http://tinyurl.com/5k2z82 At least that's his official home, in point
of fact he seems to spent most of his time on my patio.

It's a pretty cold day here in SW Oklahoma - at least by our
standards, high in the upper 30, and lows in the low to mid 20s. On
days like this I sometimes let Frank inside to warm up a little (seems
he's not allowed IN at all at home). Normally, he comes in, checks out
what the inside kitties have in their food bowls, and then lays down
at the door wanting back into the OUT. 15 minutes is normally a long
visit for Frank.

So, about an hour ago when I came inside I let Frank in, then I fired
up the 'puter and sort of forgot about him. A few minutes ago I
remembered he was inside, and got up to go see where he had gotten to.
He was easy to find. I went in the bedroom and found LB, Princess and
Furby all laying on the bed, with Sammy and Spot on the floor, all of
them staring at the closet. Yep, there was Frank, curled up on some
cold weather insulated overalls.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 5th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 5:16 pm, Steve Touchstone
wrote:
[...]

It is 12oF here with a windchill of 1oF. What kind of SOBs make their
cat
stay outside when its below freezing outside? Thank you for letting
poor
Frank in to warm up, Steve.

it is 64 here and going to get about low 40's the rest of the week
70's and 50's. Sometimes I do love Florida

Old December 5th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome, Frank.
--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 5th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Don't remind me of the days when we the natives - not the transplants
-
thought we were dying when it hit 40o in metro Miami.....and LOL here
40o is "hey, it's *warming up*". I'm stuck in town; learned to drive
in snow
and ice (snowing all day today) but not at night, thank you. It was
dark here
at 4:30 pm MST. No cats outside I can see; only squirrels.

More power to you hop
I might be a born and raised hillbilly but daddy did not raise a country
fool. this is one time I can say I am proud to have taken a step back and
became a redneck. I get to see bikinis everyday of the year
My home town in KY is 33 right now going to be 22 tonight with snow
flurries and snow showers in other words crappy weather.

Old December 5th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:16:35 -0600, Steve Touchstone
wrote:

[...]

What a beautiful cat he is! And how sensible of him to decide to stay
in the nice warm inside while he has the chance...
Old December 5th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:22:35 -0800 (PST), hopitus
wrote:

It is 12oF here with a windchill of 1oF. What kind of SOBs make their
cat
stay outside when its below freezing outside? Thank you for letting
poor
Frank in to warm up, Steve.

It's really my privilege, as he's a great 'people' cat, though he is
pretty territorial with the outside cats. There's two or three that he
regularly chases off, and one that stands up to him and they get in
yowling matches a couple times a month.

As for his people, they have three cats and a couple dogs. I suppose
they're better than some, as at least they neuter their animals, but
they don't really take them to TED as often as I think they should.
Frank is the one I ended up taking to TED this past year because of a
very bad abscess on his foot. I had told his people about the foot,
and been assured they had taken him for treatment. Altogether, poor
Frank limped around for 6 weeks before I gave up on them and took him
in myself. It took two courses of antibiotics before it healed, and
TED told me when I first took him in he might lose the foot. He got
over that, finally, and it completely healed.

1 cat is pretty much an inside cat, one about half and half, and then
Frank who is out pretty much 24/7. After about an hour inside here he
was ready to head back out. Frank seems to prefer being out, but I let
him inside when the weather is bad. I think one of the reasons he
prefers it here is that he doesn't have to put up with any dogs. He
gets along fine with my gang - although Spotty complains when he eats.
It's funny, because he's quite a bit bigger than my girls, and Spot
sits about three feet behind him and meows at me to make him stop
eating HER food.

I just uploaded three pix of Frank, the first is him inside the kitty
cube I put out for him to sleep in - temporarily until I get an all
weather permanent bed

http://tinyurl.com/5b7mqg

and two of his time inside tonight

eating - only Furby is in the pic, but there were actually 4 intently
watching him - LB couldn't be bothered

http://tinyurl.com/6a5orf

after he came out of the closet he napped here for about an hour
before wanting outside

http://tinyurl.com/6qglxz
Old December 5th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:43:07 -0800 (PST), hopitus
wrote:

On Dec 4, 5:34 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

snip
It is 12oF here with a windchill of 1oF. What kind of SOBs make their
cat
stay outside when its below freezing outside? Thank you for letting
poor
Frank in to warm up, Steve.

it is 64 here and going to get about low 40's the rest of the week
70's and 50's. Sometimes I do love Florida

Don't remind me of the days when we the natives - not the transplants
-
thought we were dying when it hit 40o in metro Miami.....and LOL here
40o is "hey, it's *warming up*". I'm stuck in town; learned to drive
in snow
and ice (snowing all day today) but not at night, thank you. It was
dark here
at 4:30 pm MST. No cats outside I can see; only squirrels.

LOL I remember during Desert Storm when the rainy season hit and we
all started wearing out desert parkas. I think it was all the way down
in the 70s and sprinkled twice.
Old December 5th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

What kind of person won't let their cat inside when it is that cold. That
is horrible. So glad he can come in your house. You may have another cat
by the time winter is over. That is just mean.

Old December 5th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
after he came out of the closet he napped here for about an hour
before wanting outside

http://tinyurl.com/6qglxz

He's a beautiful boy. Sounds like you might need to add him to your sig
line - he seems to prefer your home to the other place. It's funny how
the girls keep watch over him, and Spotty complaining about him to her
PawPaw.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 5th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 06:10:51 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Steve Touchstone wrote:
after he came out of the closet he napped here for about an hour
before wanting outside

http://tinyurl.com/6qglxz

He's a beautiful boy. Sounds like you might need to add him to your sig
line - he seems to prefer your home to the other place. It's funny how
the girls keep watch over him, and Spotty complaining about him to her
PawPaw.

ssh, don't say that too loud. We just got yet another new manager for
the complex and every time a new one comes in I end up having to
threaten to move (which I just finished rambling on about in the
thread about favorite cat breeds).

I think as far as Frank is concerned he IS part of the family. And, I
think all the neighbors - except the ones across the alley at his
official residence, think he's mine. Even they have started calling
'Frank' when they want him to come - although their name for him is
'Mr Kitty'. (I had been feeding him for 6 months before I found out he
had a home - so by then he had accepted Frank and I never changed
back.) The other neighbors all think he's mine, and call him Frank.

He gets along fine with my crew when he comes in, and I make sure he
gets dosed with flea stuff so he can come in without me worrying about
the girls scratching. The reason they're all so accepting of him may
be because he's so big. He's about as tall as Sammy, my tallest, but
outweighs her by a wide margin. When I took him to TED he was skinny
after fighting an abscess for 6 weeks, and still weighed over 19
pounds. If he ever became my official cat he'd have to learn to stay
inside - but as it is I guess he's used to the temperature in the OUT.
Anyway, shortly after I posted the earlier message he decided it was
time to go out, and he's now on the patio in his cube.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

Frank Said Will in New Haven Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 07 06:32 PM
PING: Frank wafflycat Cat anecdotes 1 August 8th 05 02:06 PM
The Chronicles of Frank IX Karen Cat anecdotes 9 July 24th 05 09:30 PM
Rare pic of Frank Marina Cat anecdotes 5 May 5th 05 02:06 PM
This is *so* Frank Marina Cat anecdotes 20 October 5th 04 07:29 PM