Poor Toby

Old December 5th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

Default Poor Toby

Toby came to me this summer as a 1-2 year old youngster. But he didn't play.
My guys have been teaching him to play and he tries so hard to catch on. He
can now do the ball in a loop thing and he knows what dangling strings are
for and he likes milk carton rings and boxes and paper bags.

What he is still trying to figure out - and sticking to it is the red dot
greebling. The Stripey Thing obviously gets a lot out of it. The first time
I brought it out, Toby just watched. Now he tries to get in the thick of it
and you can see on his face that he doesn't get it - like maybe he is
thinking he should be feeling something he doesn't feel - physically that is
because his companion seems to play with it like it is solid. So Toby keeps
trying each time there is the obvious look of "this time it will feel real!"
And it doesn't and he watches ST and tries again. I shined it on a paper bag
and he looked on the inside of the bag to see if it was there. He wants so
hard to understand this game and it just isn't there. Poor guy.

At this point, I'm not sure who is funnier - ST who chases like it is truly
something to be killed or Toby who is trying to figure out the rules to this
what could be an very fun game if he just could figure it out. Me thinks he
thinks too much.

Bridget

Old December 5th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bridget" wrote in message
[...]

That's a fun story, thank you! Some cats do seem to think too hard about
things.

Jill

Old December 5th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Bridget" wrote in message
[...]

I would accuse him of being a dunce in the cat world, but he really is quite
intelligent and tries to figure things out. It is like he has some missing
basics though from his first two years when he should have received certain
things and didn't get them.

Bridget