Hi to you guys! Some newbie help please?

Old December 22nd 03, 01:59 PM
Gail

There are boxes in the US with hoods, but with a dorrway cut out (no flap).
Maybe this would be a compromise.
Gail
"Steven Cook" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!
Yes, the boys are brothers and also litter mates. We have been using
the same litter that we've used in the un-covered tray, so that
shouldn't be the issue, they just seem unsure about going in! We're
having more success now that we taped the flap open. I guess we'll
just keep our fingers crossed they get used to it...

Steve.

Old December 22nd 03, 02:53 PM
Helen

"Gail" wrote in message
ink.net...
There are boxes in the US with hoods, but with a dorrway cut out (no

flap).
Maybe this would be a compromise.

The only sort of covered litterbox I've ever seen in the UK - but now I'm
off to look for one with a flap, lol.

Helen

Old December 22nd 03, 05:37 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
First I'd like to say Hi to you guys, I'm a new cat owner, just over 3
weeks and counting although my SO has had cats most of her life. If
anyone is interested you can view pictures of our new boys at the
following links

http://www.stevencook.net/images/benny.jpg

http://www.stevencook.net/images/chooch.jpg

Cute.

The main reason for this post is that we have been feeding them IAMS,
and although the boys absolutley love the stuff I have been shocked by
some of the stuff I've read about their "research" techniques. Most
of the stuff I have read has been "old" and I'm wondereing if they
have cleaned up their act recently, if not can someone recommend an
alternate dry product we can switch them to?

I have yet to hear about Proctor & Gamble (owners of IAMS) switching
their ways.
See http://www.iamskills.com/

I feed a mix of Purina Pro Plan, NutroMax, and Wellness (when I can get
it).
This is because I can't decide between PP and NM and I can't always get
Wellness.
heh
My cats like all 3.

Also, we live in a small one bedroom flat/apartment and are currently
trying to get them to use a covered litter tray with varying levels of
success.It doesn't half reek when they drop one! Does anyone have any
tips on converting them to such a tray?

My cats have always used a covered box, no flap. I get the biggest size
there is so no one feels "trapped" or claustrophobic.
Some cats just don't like these, though, so you may never get them to
use one.
Try cutting out one more hole in the back or small "windows" in it if
they seem reticent to go in a closed space.

~kaeli~
She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke
it off.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old December 22nd 03, 05:42 PM
Steven Cook

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:53:45 -0000, "Helen"
wrote:

"Gail" wrote in message
link.net...
There are boxes in the US with hoods, but with a dorrway cut out (no

flap).
Maybe this would be a compromise.

The only sort of covered litterbox I've ever seen in the UK - but now I'm
off to look for one with a flap, lol.

Helen

Helen,
We got it at Pets at Home, it was about £17 or so.. They had a
more expensive one too but it looked a bit too fancy for what we
needed!

Steven.

Old December 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
---MIKE---

Iams used to be considered a quality food. After they were bought by
Procter and Gamble their reputation has gone down hill. I don't know if
the quality has gone down hill or not. I use Wellness (by Old Mother
Hubbard) which might not be sold in the UK. I strongly suggest that
since your cats are males, you try to get them to eat canned (tinned)
food rather than dry. You want to try and prevent urinary crystals from
forming and dry food is thought to be one of the causes of this problem.

-MIKE

hey guys idohair Cat anecdotes 9 September 15th 04 10:42 PM
Help me, guys!! Kitties peeing everywhere!!! Jean Hobbs Cat anecdotes 8 August 17th 04 12:09 AM
Okay guys, think I got it! Allegra640 Cat anecdotes 15 September 24th 03 02:34 AM