Two Cats Still Need Homes

Old June 18th 15, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Two Cats Still Need Homes

When I adopted Buffy there was another cat, a Siamese (maybe Burmese)
named Frankie. I was told he used to beat up on Buffy. I later found
out there was a third cat, Suzie Q. Someone adopted her but returned
her. No idea why. (Rhetorical question: How do you return a cat to a
dead woman?! Or to the caregivers?)

Now there are *two* remaining cats in need of homes. The neighbor of
the woman who died got fed up having to go over there constantly to take
care of the cats. Another woman who lives here is now fostering them
but she already has three cats of her own. It's strictly a temporary
situation.

No, I'm not willing to take on a second cat. I never met Suzie Q but I
know Buffy is quite content being an only cat. She's a purring little
lovebug and away from Frankie she's not shy or intimidated.

I have no idea if she got along with Suzie Q. I didn't even know there
*was* a Suzie Q until a few days ago.

There is a no-kill (cats only) extension of the Beaufort County Animal
Shelter. It's called the Tabby House. I'd still rather they find good
homes than wind up at the shelter.

Purrs please that someone adopt (and not return!) these cats.

Jill
Old June 18th 15, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that someone adopts them. But let's realise that what you adopt from
a shelter is there for a reason and may not be easy.
I adopted a dog from the RSPCA, she was on death row. She was very difficult
and I soon knew why she'd been dumped , but in the middle of a city?
However she found a shed in someone's garden, returned there to sleep every
night and spent the day scavenging. She got run over by a car which is when
the RSCPA got her.
Anyway, she came to me. She broke into my cupboards and fridge every day
for food and I very nearly took her back. But I shored up the fridge and
cupboards. She was not allowed out by herself to wee in the garden
otherwise she would jump the fence and be out stealing, I spent many hours
looking for her.
However she would offer to kill anyone who looked at me "in a funny way" and
I miss her still. I never knew where she came from. But shelter animals
are often difficult, aren't they?
We lived together happily for 13 years until she got liver cancer. plus
cushings syndrome.

Old June 18th 15, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:20:03 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Purrs that someone adopts them. But let's realise that what you adopt from
a shelter is there for a reason and may not be easy.

But remember it works the other way too. I've adopted three kitties from a
shelter - Betty, Dot, and Buster.

And then, of course, the one that wasn't from a shelter is Spicey! She's
loved just as much as the others, but no shelter would take her, because
they said that they couldn't keep a cat that posed a danger to staff and
guests.
Old June 19th 15, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
Purrs that someone adopts them. But let's realise that what you adopt from
a shelter is there for a reason and may not be easy.

But remember it works the other way too. I've adopted three kitties from a
shelter - Betty, Dot, and Buster.

And then, of course, the one that wasn't from a shelter is Spicey! She's
loved just as much as the others, but no shelter would take her, because
they said that they couldn't keep a cat that posed a danger to staff and
guests.

You've done an amazing job with Spicey, Tak. Continued congratulations
and kitty cat kudos.

Jill
Old June 22nd 15, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Purrs that someone adopts them. But let's realise that what you adopt
from
a shelter is there for a reason and may not be easy.

But remember it works the other way too. I've adopted three kitties from a
shelter - Betty, Dot, and Buster.

And then, of course, the one that wasn't from a shelter is Spicey! She's
loved just as much as the others, but no shelter would take her, because
they said that they couldn't keep a cat that posed a danger to staff and
guests.

I know that very well. But nevertheless, shelter cats/dogs can have health
problems and behavioural difficulties and everyone needs to know it before
they take one on.
I'm well up for a bad dog or a nasty cat but most are not.