Next patient

Old May 23rd 05, 05:25 AM
badwilson

Marina wrote:
Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital.
The vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before
summer, for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not
thrilled at the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it
through the day with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

Hang in there, Marina! I'm sending out many "good dental" purrs for
Frank right now.
I'm actually quite worried about Vino's teeth. He had them cleaned 1
time, 4 years ago before we moved to Thailand. Since then, I've gone
to every vet I've seen in the 3 closest towns to where I live and they
all either stare blankly at me or start giggling when I say that I
want my cat's teeth cleaned. I figure I'm better off just waiting
until we leave Thailand.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old May 23rd 05, 05:27 AM
Marina

Default Next patient

Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The
vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before summer,
for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not thrilled at
the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it through the day
with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 23rd 05, 05:40 AM
Mary

"Marina" wrote in message
Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The
vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before summer,
for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not thrilled at
the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it through the day
with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

Purrs for Frank--and for you.

Old May 23rd 05, 05:49 AM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

Marina wrote:

Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital.
The vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before
summer, for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not
thrilled at the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it
through the day with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

Hang in there, Marina! I'm sending out many "good dental" purrs for
Frank right now.
I'm actually quite worried about Vino's teeth. He had them cleaned 1
time, 4 years ago before we moved to Thailand. Since then, I've gone
to every vet I've seen in the 3 closest towns to where I live and they
all either stare blankly at me or start giggling when I say that I
want my cat's teeth cleaned. I figure I'm better off just waiting
until we leave Thailand.

Does his breath smell? Do his teeth look yellow or have brownish
patches? Not all cats need to have their teeth cleaned. Nikki only had
her teeth cleaned twice in her life. She was 10 years old the first
time, and there wasn't much tartar to clean even then. Do you think you
could find a tube of toothpaste for cats? One vet told me you don't even
necessarily have to brush their teeth with it, it's enough if they lick
it up, since the enzymes in the toothpaste will still be effective. If
you can't find that there (does Bangkok have well-stocked petstores?), I
could send you a tube. unfortunately, Frank hates the smell of it. He's
also allergic to something in all the dental treats, so I can't give him
that.

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 23rd 05, 05:57 AM
Mischief

Purrs that Frank makes it through his dental just fine. I remember his
periodontitis from last year and purrs that he makes it through just
fine.

Uh, does that mean that Mere is going to be home alone??

if so, hide the toilet paper. :P

Kristi

Old May 23rd 05, 06:00 AM
badwilson

Marina wrote:
badwilson wrote:

Marina wrote:

[...]

Yes, his teeth have brownish patches. I think he needs them cleaned,
he needed it already at age 3 before we came here. A friend's
girlfriend who is a vet in Canada came over and I had her look at his
teeth and she said he needs a cleaning but it could probably wait a
year if had to.
I do have the pet toothpaste and I brush his teeth every couple of
weeks. I know I should do it more often. I will give him some
toothpaste to lick, that's a good idea.

Old May 23rd 05, 09:31 AM
wafflycat

"Marina" wrote in message
Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The
vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before summer,
for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not thrilled at the
prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it through the day with some
resemblance of sanity remaining.

Will be thinking of you both.

Gentle *hugs* helen s

Old May 23rd 05, 09:55 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 23 May 2005 07:27:17 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The
vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before summer,
for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not thrilled at
the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it through the day
with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

Purrs that all goes well
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old May 23rd 05, 12:27 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The

Lots of purrs for Frank's dental.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 23rd 05, 01:18 PM
Nan

wrote:

Frank has a dental appointment tomorrow at the vet school hospital. The
vet who saw him there last autumn wanted to see him again before summer,
for his perodontitis. You can probably all imagine I'm not thrilled at
the prospect of taking him in. Just hoping I make it through the day
with some resemblance of sanity remaining.

Purrs on the way for Frank to come through the dental appointment with
flying colors, and calming purrs for his worried meowmie.

Nan