Mystery during the night

Old January 2nd 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Mystery during the night

Late last night, I heard a series of loud thumps and yowls. Since I have
cats, I didn't assume I had burglars and call 911; I went to
investigate. Everything seemed normal. Sammy as usual trotted up with an
air of innocent enquiry, waving his tail in the air. Since there were no
burglars and no blood from injured cats, I went back to bed.

This morning, Cinnamon is still clearly highly annoyed with Sam. She
circled around him, hissing, and even the attraction of the freshly
filled food bowl didn't seem to reconcile her to his presence. They've
been getting on together so well, too; much better than Mandy and Betsy
did after their introduction all those years ago.

I suppose I'll never know what happened during the night!
--
Cheryl
Old January 2nd 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Last night I heard a terrific yowling match out the front. Went
out to look and saw Ollie puffed up to twice his normal size,
seeing off the local bruiser (a shorthaired tuxedo tom who was
probably the father of half of Marblecake's kittens, and hence
Ollie's stepfather). Tuxie the Thug has regularly visited our
garden before and it's usually taken two or three cats to evict
him, so well done for Ollie the Inflatable.

In generations to come, they'll be telling fireside tales about Ollie
the Inflatable.

Meanwhile Splodge (who is our Boss Cat, as as he keeps telling
us in "Memos To All Staff" left in the bath)

Oh, dear. That doesn't sound pleasant!

stayed curled up
on our bed and didn't move a whisker. Real managers know how
to delegate.

LOL - great post.

Joyce

--
Promise me you'll never wear pants that bind or tug or hurt, pants
that have an opinion about how much you've just eaten.
Old January 2nd 10, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

bastXXXettet...
[...]

Yes, yes it was ,and I can't add a single thing except......wow.
Kyla

Old January 3rd 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article , Cheryl
wrote:

I suppose I'll never know what happened during the night!

And you're probably better off for it!

Baird
who had dark suspicions about what goes on in his own house when he's
asleep, even if it doesn't waken him!

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old January 6th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

probably better you don't know... i often think if i called the emergency
guys everytime it could have been burglars, they would have hauled me off
years ago, Lee

--
Have a great day
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Late last night, I heard a series of loud thumps and yowls. Since I have
cats, I didn't assume I had burglars and call 911; I went to investigate.
Everything seemed normal. Sammy as usual trotted up with an air of
innocent enquiry, waving his tail in the air. Since there were no burglars
and no blood from injured cats, I went back to bed.

This morning, Cinnamon is still clearly highly annoyed with Sam. She
circled around him, hissing, and even the attraction of the freshly filled
food bowl didn't seem to reconcile her to his presence. They've been
getting on together so well, too; much better than Mandy and Betsy did
after their introduction all those years ago.

I suppose I'll never know what happened during the night!
--
Cheryl

Elimination mystery Takayuki Cat anecdotes 18 July 30th 07 07:43 AM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM
It's a Mystery... polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 7 May 23rd 04 12:08 PM
it's a mystery! Brenda Cat anecdotes 8 March 14th 04 11:39 PM
Please help the mystery cat Lotte Cat rescue 22 February 26th 04 08:55 PM