The Puma in the Letter Box

Old August 9th 04, 03:14 PM
Kreisleriana

Default The Puma in the Letter Box

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:42:26 +0300, "Marina"
yodeled:

Here's a funny story my sister told me about her cat Linus.

My sister lives in a flat that she bought from a co-worker at the zoo. The
co-worker had found some ancient signs that had been used at the zoo,
brought them home and distributed them around the building (it's only some
ten flats or so). The sign on my sister's door says "Puma (Felis concolor)".

I know this varies in different parts of the world, but here in Finland we
get our morning papers delivered through the letter slit in the door (at
least in the cities). One morning, my sister was sitting at her kitchen
table having her morning tea, when she heard the paper-deliverer coming into
the building. She had a view of her hallway, and saw Linus sitting at the
letter slit. A moment later she heard a frightened intake of breath from the
hallway. She looked, and saw Linus standing there with one front paw
half-way out of the letter slit. He had frightened the paper-deliverer.

Heehee!

My what big paws you have!

Theresa

Old August 9th 04, 03:47 PM
Christine Burel

ROFL!
Christine
"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

This, of course, had us speculating. Maybe the deliverer thought that the
sign on the door meant that there was a puma living in that flat, and that
the puma had tried to snag the deliverer. The psychological effect of the
sign coupled with a fairly large paw clawing through the letter slit must
have been pretty strong. We then wondered what the person would think of

my
sister's neighbour. The sign on his door says, "Bear (Ursus)". ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 9th 04, 05:21 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
This, of course, had us speculating. Maybe the deliverer thought that the
sign on the door meant that there was a puma living in that flat, and that
the puma had tried to snag the deliverer. The psychological effect of the
sign coupled with a fairly large paw clawing through the letter slit must
have been pretty strong. We then wondered what the person would think of

my
sister's neighbour. The sign on his door says, "Bear (Ursus)". ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

LOL! Finns don't have anything so tame as watchdogs -- you take the
protection of your homes seriously!

Melissa

Old August 9th 04, 05:25 PM
Duke of URL

Marina wrote:

[...]

LOL! And they will STILL deliver mail to her, not making her go downtown to
pick it up?
--
The One-and-only Holy MosesT

Puma Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 32 May 11th 04 07:18 PM
OT--LOL!!! I got a Dube-ious Letter John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 5 February 16th 04 07:37 AM
Letter to my cats (humor) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 3 November 6th 03 01:17 AM