Upper Respiratory Infection - HELP - I'm DESPERATE!

Old April 3rd 04, 04:02 AM
~*Connie*~

I was paying attention thank you very much.. Its you that doesn't seem to
be.. I said a definite diagnoses.. not of URI but of herpes as you were
suggesting it was. Its amazing how you can diagnose over the internet..
when a vet who has looked at the cat three different times has not..
STUNNING.. you should get your own TV show..

And frankly, giving up an 18 year old cat if you can't take care of it is a
far better solution than keeping it and letting it suffer. There are lots
of people out there looking to help out older pets..

And most of my "poor, useless advice" comes directly from the vets I work
with on a daily basis, and the shelter I have been volunteering for for
years that has one of the best reputations in the area. Its amazing how any
of us could possibly survive with out your wondrous insight.

Maybe you should pay attention to what's going on before nixing a
workable solution to the OP's problem. Or go back to alt.pets.cats where
people accept your mostly poor, useless advice without question. Advice
like a recent post here where you told someone it's fine and dandy to
give up an *18 year old* cat because it has some health issues and
"sometimes it must be done." Your posts often make me cringe and I was
really hoping you wouldn't find this group.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Old April 3rd 04, 05:33 AM

Connie wrote:

I was paying attention thank you very
much.. Its you that doesn't seem to be..
I said a definite diagnoses.. not of URI
but of herpes as you were suggesting it
was. Its amazing how you can diagnose
over the internet..

Suggesting (*your* word) herpes as a possibility is not tantamount to
making a diagnosis. You should pay attention to what you write before
hitting the send button.

when a vet who has
looked at the cat three different times
has not..

You obviously haven't been paying attention. The OP did not give
specifics about the diagnosis so the vet could have said it is herpes
related. You also aren't paying attention as I did not make a diagnosis
of what her cat's issue is and wouldn't presume to do so. The OP asked
for suggestions, I explained the common cause of URI's and told her what
she should do for a herpes related URI.

STUNNING.. you should get your
own TV show..

You're not too far off...

And frankly, giving up an 18 year old
cat if you can't take care of it is a
far better solution than keeping it and
letting it suffer.

You obviously weren't paying attention. It wasn't an issue of not being
able to care for the cat. It was an issue of laziness and convenience.

There are lots of
people out there looking to help out
older pets..

If you really believe this you are either incredibly naive or living in
an alternate universe. Older pets, especially those with health issues,
are the first to be sacrificed because there aren't people beating down
the doors to take them in. The majority of cats that are killed in
shelters are adults and those with health issues. Apparently you haven't
been paying attention.

And most of my "poor, useless advice"
comes directly from the vets I work with
on a daily basis, and the shelter I have
been volunteering for for years that has
one of the best reputations in the area.

Your useless advice comes directly from *you.* Don't blame vets and
shelters for your lack of comprehension and failure to pay attention.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing