How do I handle grief?

Old January 27th 04, 07:45 PM
Teddy

Default How do I handle grief?

My wonderful black longhaired kitty named Bear died Sun. evening as the
vet here and I were rushing him to a larger city to get help with his
breathing distress. I was so crazy about him and it hurts so bad. I
can't stop crying. I want him back but I know thats not possible.

Old January 27th 04, 08:20 PM
Mary

"Teddy" wrote in message
My wonderful black longhaired kitty named Bear died Sun. evening as

the
vet here and I were rushing him to a larger city to get help with

his
breathing distress. I was so crazy about him and it hurts so bad. I
can't stop crying. I want him back but I know thats not possible.

Teddy, I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts to lose a friend like
that.
I'm not sure there is a way to "handle" grief, you just have to allow
yourself
to feel the pain and wait it out. Time will help a little. Having
friends you can
talk to who understand that losing a loved pet hurts terribly helps.
Bear was
so lucky to have you and your love and care. He was the luckiest of
cats, and
of course you will miss him. You did everything you could to help him
and
take care of him. He is in a place where he cannot suffer now. My
heart
goes out to you. I still grieve for my baby girl kitty who died in
2001.

Old January 28th 04, 02:36 AM
MacCandace

My wonderful black longhaired kitty named Bear died Sun. evening as the
vet here and I were rushing him to a larger city to get help with his
breathing distress. I was so crazy about him and it hurts so bad. I
can't stop crying. I want him back but I know thats not possible.

I'm very sorry and, as trite as it may sound now, time really will heal your
wounds and one day you will be able to remember the good times you had with
Bear instead of dwelling on the sad ending. I think our kitties go to Heaven
or even the Rainbow Bridge and wait for us so I think you'll meet again. You
have to take comfort in knowing you provided him with the best life you could
and that you were doing all you could to help him. He had to have known he was
loved.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old January 28th 04, 03:41 AM
Annie Wxill

"Teddy" wrote in message
My wonderful black longhaired kitty named Bear died Sun. evening as the
vet here and I were rushing him to a larger city to get help with his
breathing distress. I was so crazy about him and it hurts so bad. I
can't stop crying. I want him back but I know thats not possible.

Teddy,
Condolences on the loss of your precious kitty. You will always have a
place in your heart for him. Hang onto those special memories. It will
hurt now, but they will give you comfort later.
Be sure to take care of yourself.
Annie