limeys ate cats -- read the terrible truth

Old June 8th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
shebelagh

Default limeys ate cats -- read the terrible truth

http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

Old June 9th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reeper

On Jun 8, 1:53 am, shebelagh wrote:
http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

This is not a contribution slipjack

Old June 9th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
shebelagh

On Jun 8, 7:14 pm, reeper wrote:
On Jun 8, 1:53 am, shebelagh wrote:

http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

This is not a contribution slipjack

I didn't realize you were now the moderator.
It is on topic, is it not?

Old June 9th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reeper

On Jun 8, 8:52 pm, shebelagh wrote:

I didn't realize you were now the moderator.
It is on topic, is it not?

Recipes on how to cook/prepare a cat? I can see why you have to beg
for some pussy.

Old June 9th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
shebelagh

On Jun 9, 3:05 am, reeper wrote:
Recipes on how to cook/prepare a cat?

Historical content.

I can see why you have to beg
for some pussy.

You're about as right on that as you are on my name and address. Soooo
clueless.

Old June 9th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:53:53 -0700, shebelagh
wrote:

http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

I haven't been reading the group as of late, but from the comments to
your post I assume folks have tagged you as a troll.

Nonetheless, this is an interesting topic for this newsgroup. The
quote in the article that points out the differences in practices in
different cultures is interesting -

"The Christian pities the Jew and the Mussulman [Muslim], because they
hold pork in abhorrence, and yet the Christian repulses the notion of
touching horse-flesh. The Hindoo has an equal horror of beef. Mutton
is by no means a cosmopolitan dish. ... The Russians still abstain
from pigeon ... the Italians hold the rabbit in aversion. ... The
French eat on a small scale frogs, and on a large scale snails ...
which would be rejected by the English labourer, even if starving."

I was just sitting on my front steps having a cigarette, and a cute
bunny hopped up in front of me. My first reaction was "aww, a cute
bunny", and the second was "you are food".

If other cultures prefer cat or dog flesh, then I won't scream and
holler. I enjoy beef, which an Indian would possibly object to. The
whole point, I think, is that whether you eat beef, pork, cat, dog,
rabbit, you should at least humanely slaughter the animal. Tossing a
lobster in boiling water is a different thing (they're basically
insects) than tossing a live kitten in boiling water.

Very interesting stuff. Sad, but this is the reality of living in a
world of 8 billion people.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old June 9th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

wrote:

http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm

Also - I've been monitoring a feral cat colony (one of many) near our
house. I've called a local nonprofit that sends a van out to "fix and
release" cats from feral colonies.

Though cats are wonderful and rewarding companions, their life in the
wild is often really hard. My father-in-law, who doesn't particularly
like cats though he loves all animals, lives in rural Indiana. He
tries to protect his own feral colony ("barn-cats"), but the coyotes
have moved in - and to a coyote, cat is a delicacy.

I saw one of my own cats torn to pieces by a pair of roving pitbulls.
As much anguish that we have when we have to take a sick or elderly
cat for euthanasia, nature is far more cruel.

Cats are eaten by coyotes and rogue pitbulls. That they're also eaten
by homo sapiens is more of the same. Goats, pigs and cows are also
kept as pets. If someone else wants to eat them, that's fine with me,
but at least slaughter them humanely.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"
Old June 10th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reeper[_2_]

Default pui, is limeys ate cats -- read the terrible truth

damn brian, talk the mans head off one time
the hell makes you so damn special
he don't wanna read that disassembled drivel
pui, posting under the influence again are we?

reaching out to internet trolls to find some relief are we?

is alright, you are the balance to some equation somewhere

Old June 12th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Brian Link

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 21:32:08 -0400, "reeper"
wrote:

damn brian, talk the mans head off one time
the hell makes you so damn special
he don't wanna read that disassembled drivel
pui, posting under the influence again are we?

reaching out to internet trolls to find some relief are we?

is alright, you are the balance to some equation somewhere

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I've found that posting after a few cocktails makes one's language
unintelligible.

Sure, he/she's a troll. But this is a legitimate topic to discuss. We
have kitties in our house - the hindis have cows walking through their
houses. At some point we need to recognize that humans are omnivores -
no value judgement there, that's just what evolution has given us. And
if we eat meat - what meat? That's a good question.

Tuna seem pretty insensate to me. But I'm sure there's someone who
feels that tuna are noble fish with hopes and dreams - and we
shouldn't dispatch them for a tasty snack.

It's a debate animal-lovers should have. If you eat flesh, it means
something dies. Because we're cat-lovers, does that mean we are
morally bound to be vegetarians?

BLink
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Not sad, but this is terrible. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 61 September 26th 06 05:31 AM
cats can read furfin Cat health & behaviour 7 April 13th 06 11:55 PM
Please if you have the time to help the cats down south READ Karen Cat health & behaviour 0 September 16th 05 10:55 PM
Terrible Dream Susan M Cat anecdotes 15 February 23rd 05 01:57 AM
The Terrible Tail Marina Cat anecdotes 25 May 15th 04 08:26 PM