Cat Pregnancy Questions?

Old August 19th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

I believe he did, in appendix 4, if you wish to read it. If you follow
the link, you will see his findings in the research he went to the
trouble of producing.

And if *you* had read further, you'd have seen Dan mention that those
findings were for vets. Since we're not vets, that doesn't leave the much
easier option of a sedative and then a shot to kill the kitten.

Perhaps you are right? I just don't have the stomach or confidence to
try, for fear that I would be putting the poor kitten through further
distress. You will understand what I mean when you take a look at the
veterinary surgeons findings.

Then you'd be actively forcing the kitten to live and suffer a longer period
until you found some method that was less squeamish for you to use.
Personally, I think that's pretty selfish.

Tell me Sheelagh, if you had your guts ripped out and you were screaming in
agony with nothing left for you to scream for quite a few minutes more until
you slowly bled to death, would you accept being suffocated into
unconsciousness within several seconds? I don't know about you, but I sure
would.

Old August 19th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message
Perhaps you are right? I just don't have the stomach or confidence to
try, for fear that I would be putting the poor kitten through further
distress.

In all honesty, I think we both have an animal's welfare at heart, just that
we might take different routes to do something about it. Say what you want,
I'm finished with this thread.

Old August 19th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

Perhaps you are right? I just don't have the stomach or confidence to
try, for fear that I would be putting the poor kitten through further
distress. You will understand what I mean when you take a look at the
veterinary surgeons findings.
Sheelagh"o"

For what it's worth....(I have been following this thread) I am 72 years
old. (Yesterday was my birthday) When I was about 30, I drowned a mouse by
holding it under water. (We had an infestation of mice, and I caught this
one without a trap, so I drowned it.) That was 42 years ago.....I will never
forget it, and I have never drowned anything else since.

The point? - Just be advised that some of the things you might do when you
are 30 will not sit well with you when you are older, so think well before
you act.......

Old August 19th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 05:22:08 -0700, Sheelagh o wrote:

On 19 Aug, 08:41, "Upscale" wrote:

If that's not good enough
for you, then feel perfectly free to research the topic yourself and
present your information to the contrary. (with your sources for that
information of course)

I believe he did, in appendix 4, if you wish to read it. If you follow
the link, you will see his findings in the research he went to the
trouble of producing.

I spent about 45 minutes on this and chose the most authoritative source
among many. I also discovered that drowning animals is against the law
in quite a few jurisdictions, and I ran across a news article about a
couple in Arizona who were arrested earlier this month for "euthanizing"
their cat in this manner... www.ajnews.com

Charlie
Old August 20th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Sheelagh >o

On 19 Aug, 08:41, "Upscale" wrote:

[...]

It, is probably almost stuck up my nose,but I can't seem to locate
it.
Is it on a different page Charlie?
Sheelagh"o"

Old August 20th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

I spent about 45 minutes on this and chose the most authoritative source
among many. I also discovered that drowning animals is against the law
in quite a few jurisdictions, and I ran across a news article about a
couple in Arizona who were arrested earlier this month for "euthanizing"
their cat in this manner...www.ajnews.com

It, is probably almost stuck up my nose,but I can't seem to locate
it.
Is it on a different page Charlie?
Sheelagh"o"

I have one more comment on this. These examples of euthanizing and arrests
and all that stuff. Were these cats severely injured when they were drowned
or were they for the most part healthy cats? That's what we're talking
about, euthanizing a severely injured cat. If someone killed a cat for
another reason, then that has absolutely nothing to do with our discussion.
*When* you find that link, research under what circumstances these cats were
euthanized. *THEN* go and find me examples of someone being convicted for
drowning a severely injured kitty. Until you can do that, you or Charlie or
whoever wants to comment have no rebuttal to what I've been talking about.

Old August 20th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Charlie Wilkes

On 19 Aug, 08:41, "Upscale" wrote:

[...]

They changed the content on that site. Here is another link:
http://tinyurl.com/37lfcs

Charlie

Cat pregnancy worries Jimmyness Cat health & behaviour 7 January 5th 06 02:19 AM
complications in cat pregnancy Nancy via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 4 March 10th 05 11:51 PM
signs of pregnancy Just Me Cats - misc 2 April 13th 04 02:15 PM
Vet not detecting pregnancy Marion Cat health & behaviour 36 March 28th 04 01:19 AM
Pregnancy and Heat *~*SooZy*~* Cats - misc 5 July 25th 03 09:17 PM