Twelve year old cats and a baby

Old February 1st 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Twelve year old cats and a baby

When Jane-the-Screamer first arrived 9 1/2 years ago, Otis' world came
crashing down around him. That's when he first starting peeing all over
the house and developed interstitial cystitis.

When Sam-the-Crawler came along, that's when we started to let the cats
up on the counter just for their peace of mind. That's also when I got
the 6 foot cat tree.

The boys have been relatively un-phased by the arrival of
Andrew-the-Jovial. He's relatively uninterested in the boys, though has
grabbed their fur a couple of times in the baby death grip. They've
just stood there and taken it, as my good gentle boys do. Still, they
hang around him within arms reach and Andrew pays them little attention,
except to smile at them when we greet them excitedly.

What a change - complete peaceful co-existence so far. Knock on wood.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old February 1st 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Susan M"
[...]

Wow..sounds like you've got your hands full
HUG
Kyla

Old February 1st 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Granby wrote:
Sounds like a fun place to be. Kids, cats and peace.

Well, peace between the baby and the cats perhaps.

You should see the 9 1/2 and the 7 1/2 year old go at each other ;-) I
remember fighting with my siblings when I was little - its a different
thing entirely watching the kids do it. I am always shocked at how mean
they can be to one another, though I know we did the same thing.

The difference is that now, as parents, we can't just kick the kids out
into the street for hours at a time with their friends as we recover.
We're in close quarters all the time partly because there aren't as many
children around in our older neighbourhood and mainly because of
concerns around not monitoring your children. It's a vicious circle -
fewer children out and about, lower safety in numbers, so fewer children
out and about.

My mom admits (in between bouts of saying that I would find this whole
thing easier if I were just more organized) that it was easier having
kids when we grew up in California. It was easy to go outside and play
all year long. When its -30, nobody likes to take the time to struggle
into all their warm clothes only to get cold a half hour later.

But it is nice all the same - all three are such different people and
its amazing to watch them grow so quickly, all according to plan. The
eldest is a spitfire (like Otis), the middle is a sweet sensitive old
soul with an encyclopedic knowledge all of all things scientific and
natural (like Chester) and the youngest is a mix of the two (a
Tonkinese?). They sure test my skills of observation and psychology!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 2nd 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Granby wrote:
[...]

Put on some Pink Floyd and everything will be great
I'm sorry, I'm just in a Floyd mood tonite, it's Friday, and to make it cat
telated, I'm wearing a black tee shirt with a white chalk outline of Felix
The Cat, with the Rainbows coming out of his head..on the back, it reads
very very faintly,
Felix..
Dark Side of The Cat

Kyla%b
-playing fetch with Pipps,
Sqweex is sitting on the seat of my 4-wheeled walker

Old February 2nd 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Put on some Pink Floyd and everything will be great
I'm sorry, I'm just in a Floyd mood tonite, it's Friday, and to make it cat
telated, I'm wearing a black tee shirt with a white chalk outline of Felix
The Cat, with the Rainbows coming out of his head..on the back, it reads
very very faintly,
Felix..
Dark Side of The Cat

Love the shirt! where on earth do you find something like that????:

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old February 3rd 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Susan M"
Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Put on some Pink Floyd and everything will be great
I'm sorry, I'm just in a Floyd mood tonite, it's Friday, and to make it
cat telated, I'm wearing a black tee shirt with a white chalk outline of
Felix The Cat, with the Rainbows coming out of his head..on the back, it
reads very very faintly,
Felix..
Dark Side of The Cat

Love the shirt!

Have you seen it then?

where on earth do you find something like that????:

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Somebody from the Pink Floyd ng sent it to me a long time ago...
Just out of the blue..people there just used to send me things..
I was mistaken, it said ' Pink' Felix.. Dark Side of The Cat on the back,
and I made a search on the Web for it reading the tiny print on the tee
shirt and the Felix The Cat merchandise doesn't show it....
It was so long ago, I don't even remember who sent it to me
I tried to find it for ya...sorry
But there was in interesting Pink Floyd merchandise link
and I checked it out and whoah, I can't even afford a 'sticker'...
Ho hum...it's jusy.'stuff' I don't ... need.
PUUUURs
Kyla%b

Puuuurs
Kyla%b

Old February 3rd 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
"Susan M"
Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Put on some Pink Floyd and everything will be great
I'm sorry, I'm just in a Floyd mood tonite, it's Friday, and to make it
cat telated, I'm wearing a black tee shirt with a white chalk outline of
Felix The Cat, with the Rainbows coming out of his head..on the back, it
reads very very faintly,
Felix..
Dark Side of The Cat

Love the shirt!

Have you seen it then?

No - just loved the description!

where on earth do you find something like that????:
Susan M
Otis and Chester

Somebody from the Pink Floyd ng sent it to me a long time ago...
Just out of the blue..people there just used to send me things..
I was mistaken, it said ' Pink' Felix.. Dark Side of The Cat on the back,
and I made a search on the Web for it reading the tiny print on the tee
shirt and the Felix The Cat merchandise doesn't show it....
It was so long ago, I don't even remember who sent it to me
I tried to find it for ya...sorry
But there was in interesting Pink Floyd merchandise link
and I checked it out and whoah, I can't even afford a 'sticker'...
Ho hum...it's jusy.'stuff' I don't ... need.
PUUUURs
Kyla%b

Didn't know there was a Pink Floyd ng! Fred and I were at a hockey game
the other night and they played "Money" - haven't heard that in a long time!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old February 3rd 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Susan M"
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
"Susan M"
Kyla =^..^= wrote:

[...]

There are a few....
I'm on alt.music.pink-floyd..for nearly 11 years now...
It can get nasty and hostile at times, but is also interesting. My killfile
is full of some of the more bully-ing people. We get along mostly and I've
met 10 people from there in real life
PUUUURs
Kyla
and Clowder, who I MUST go feed..