TW & AW, plus a win for animals (sort of)

Old July 29th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default TW & AW, plus a win for animals (sort of)

Story on Foxnews.com

DO NOT READ if sensitive, as it is about animal abuse (but they have
arrested a 9 year old and charged him with a FELONY - and he didn't post
bail so he spent the night in jail).

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old July 29th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 29, 8:00*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Story on Foxnews.comhttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393102,00.html

DO NOT READ if sensitive, as it is about animal abuse (but they have
arrested a 9 year old and charged him with a FELONY - and he didn't post
bail so he spent the night in jail).
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

That wouldn't have happened here. He would have been released back to
the custody of his parents.
I have to say I'm impressed, although I'm sure others will say he's
too young to be handled in that fashion.
It doesn't say, but it kind of leads the reader to believe he was sent
to regular jail, but I"m thinking likely
it was a juvenile facility.
This is just so disturbing and so frightening on so many levels. A
normal nine year old should have
developed some kind of "normal" empathy and compassion, and obviously
this kid has zero, so something
is bad wrong. It makes you wonder what kind of abuse he would be
mentally and physically able to inflict
on another child? Or after he grows up? I suppose this is a real
turning point for him. He'll either get help
(which he needs)..... or be damaged further and just turn into a
serial killer. Just MO.
I'd be very curious to know whether he has good, decent parents, or
whether he is an absued kid himself.
Not that I want to armchair psycho-analyze, but I just can't stop
wondering what it *is*, which *clicks*, (or
doesn't click) in the brain of a child/person that makes them actually
capable of such a horrible thing.

Sherry

Old July 29th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Sherry wrote in
:

On Jul 29, 8:00*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Story on
Foxnews.comhttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393102,00.html

DO NOT READ if sensitive, as it is about animal abuse (but they have
arrested a 9 year old and charged him with a FELONY - and he didn't
post bail so he spent the night in jail).
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to
help her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
[...]

While a 9 year old is so young they _may_ be able to be helped I still
wonder if it is possible. Of course, I have to wonder where the parents
are and what they did to this kid to make him into what he is. This
seems like one of those "no one will win" situations. Can this kid ever
be taught how much pain he (and his friends) inflicted on an innocent but
feeling creature? The thought of any being leaving this earth is such
pain is almost unbearable to me.

Andy

Old July 29th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"outsider" wrote in message

While a 9 year old is so young they _may_ be able to be helped I still
wonder if it is possible. Of course, I have to wonder where the parents
are and what they did to this kid to make him into what he is. This
seems like one of those "no one will win" situations. Can this kid ever
be taught how much pain he (and his friends) inflicted on an innocent but
feeling creature? The thought of any being leaving this earth is such
pain is almost unbearable to me.

Andy

I wish this could just be blamed on the parents. I'm sorry but I've seen
enough cases where the kid was messed up no matter what the parents did
right and others where the kid turned out great no matter what the parents
did wrong. That old nature vs. nurture argument, I guess. I had a child
psychiatrist once tell me that he believes in the "bad seed" theory, where
kids are just born evil. After seeing some of the kids I have, I also
believe in it.

Pam S.

Old July 29th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"outsider" wrote in message

[...]

I agree, I think of it as a "birth defect" - some people are born without
empathy just like some are born without feet or hands (except that I count
it as a worse handicap).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 29th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"outsider" wrote in message

[...]

I do agree but I also think it is very rare. Most cases I see are pretty
clear as to the source. It is suspicous that parents were not even
mentioned in the story. It's pretty disturbing whatever the cause. That
poor cat.

Old July 29th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"outsider" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"outsider" wrote in message

[...]

I believe you're right and it is very rare, but does happen, I'm afraid. I
just know that some people don't care about animals and others don't care
about people. Some don't care about either. Unfortunately, they all breed.

Pam S.

Old July 30th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I hate to have to agree with the "bad seed" opinion but, after my 60+ years,
I do. I have worked with kids over the years and there are just some that
just seem to have "something" missing and love, and help can't bring it
back. Back to that starts by pulling wing off of the fly thing.

Old July 30th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 29, 8:39*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I hate to have to agree with the "bad seed" opinion but, after my 60+ years,
I do. *I have worked with kids over the years and there are just some that
just seem to have "something" missing and love, and help can't bring it
back. *Back to that starts by pulling wing off of the fly thing."tanadashoes" wrote in message

Or blowing up frogs, like our President.

Sherry

What the...? (OT, sort of) Ketzl's Dad Cat anecdotes 16 May 26th 07 01:53 AM
What the...? (OT, sort of) Ketzl's Dad Cats - misc 1 May 25th 07 02:05 AM
I'm Back (sort of) O J Cat anecdotes 2 March 20th 05 04:20 PM
Sort of looking for a new cat Cheryl Cat anecdotes 39 July 21st 04 07:10 AM