Ping Mark

Old September 3rd 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Ping Mark

When you posted about learning to play the banjo I replied that DH and
I were learning to kayak. Today he came home from the paddling shop
with a t-shirt that reads: Paddle Faster, I Hear Banjos Playing. I
thought of you evil grin

Julie
Old September 3rd 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:06:39 -0700, GaDragonfly wrote:

When you posted about learning to play the banjo I replied that DH and I
were learning to kayak. Today he came home from the paddling shop with
a t-shirt that reads: Paddle Faster, I Hear Banjos Playing. I thought
of you evil grin

Julie

If one banjo seems to be echoing what the other one plays, paddle _VERY_
fast. Incidentally, have you ever heard "Dueling Tubas", by Martin
Mill? It is a tuba arrangement of "Dueling Banjos", usually played with
lots of deliberately-flatulent notes.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old September 3rd 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Sep 3, 12:04 am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:06:39 -0700, GaDragonfly wrote:
When you posted about learning to play the banjo I replied that DH and I
were learning to kayak. Today he came home from the paddling shop with
a t-shirt that reads: Paddle Faster, I Hear Banjos Playing. I thought
of you evil grin

Julie

If one banjo seems to be echoing what the other one plays, paddle _VERY_
fast. Incidentally, have you ever heard "Dueling Tubas", by Martin
Mill? It is a tuba arrangement of "Dueling Banjos", usually played with
lots of deliberately-flatulent notes.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available fromhttp://pgp.mit.edu

I can just imagine how that would sound! Especially the flatulent
notes. They probably can make pig squeals as well, right? The river
we've been paddling is about 30 miles north of the river where
Deliverance was filmed. We have nice Class II and some mild Class III
rapids. We now own our own whitewater kayak so that we can practice
rolls. I cannot perform an eskimo roll and need to do that before I
get on the river in a sit-inside boat again. I spent the majority of
my first trip down the river upside down. The following times we
rented inflatable kayaks. They are much more stable than the smaller,
whitewater kayaks. I'll learn, I'll get in better shape and loose
some weight and be ready to start practicing in smaller boats again.

Julie

Ping Mark CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 August 20th 08 05:04 PM
Ping: Mark Edwards Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 0 July 24th 08 08:29 PM
PING Mark [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 June 16th 08 02:32 AM
Ping Mark Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 1 November 22nd 07 06:01 PM
PING Mark Marina Cat anecdotes 2 December 29th 05 02:29 PM