It was scary

Old December 26th 03, 06:23 PM
John Biltz

Default It was scary

0730 the cats were outside enjoying the morning sun happy with life when
disaster struck in the form of a huge dog trailing a leash. Bruiser
easily dashed back to the safety of me and the patio. Maya was not so
lucky. She was out of position to make for the patio and was cut off. I
dashed to the front door but was not too scared yet. She was close to
the back wall and that wall has always been a good sanctuary to cats. I
think that is why they like it so much. As I threw the front door open I
was shocked to see Maya running on the ground. She had ran the dog away
from the condo and then reversed her course coming back somehow evading
the dog in the process. She was running for her life and was flying.
Then she jumped for the wall but her angle was too sharp for her speed
and did not make it. She hit the ground and jumped again making it this
time. The dog had stopped when it saw me. I don't think it would have
been close enough anyway. Then Bruiser the curious came around the
corner from the patio to see what was going on. The dog and Bruiser saw
each other at the same time the dog trotted forward and I grabbed Bruiser
who was starting to panic. I carried him inside and locked him in a
room. Cutting the number of my problems down by one, the most
unpredictable one. Maya had retreated down a wall that ran perpindicular
to the back wall between two houses and was safe and the dog had
disapeared. I went looking but never found it. I guess the owner had
found him and took him inside. I kept Bruiser locked up for an hour and
when he came out was staying on the patio. Maya returned after 2 hours
and is staying in.

Old December 26th 03, 06:45 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:23:16 -0800, John Biltz
wrote:

[...]

I'll bet your heart is still pounding -- mine is just from reading
about it. I am glad they are all safe -- being a house-only cat has
its value. Happy New Year to all. MLB
Old December 26th 03, 10:21 PM
polonca12000

I do hope Maya is ok!
Calming purrs and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John Biltz" wrote in message
.net...
0730 the cats were outside enjoying the morning sun happy with life when
disaster struck in the form of a huge dog trailing a leash. Bruiser
easily dashed back to the safety of me and the patio. Maya was not so
lucky. snip

Old December 26th 03, 11:57 PM
Jo Firey

"John Biltz" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

We had a similar situation on Christmas Eve. Big ole black dog running
loose and aggravating the cats. I didn't see it but apparently Jake either
got cornered or else just really ****ed off. Hissed, snarled and went
straight for the dogs face. It was last seen yelping down the street. I'm
not in favor of cats going after dogs as the results can be bad for all
concerned, but Rosie was (or at least thought she was) in danger too and is
looking at Jake with newfound admiration now.

Jo

Old December 27th 03, 12:48 AM
John Biltz

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:21:56 -0800, polonca12000 wrote
(in message ):

I do hope Maya is ok!
Calming purrs and hugs,

It looks like Maya busted her lip open slightly. Probably when she
didn't make the wall the first time.

Old December 27th 03, 04:30 AM
Marina

"John Biltz" wrote

It looks like Maya busted her lip open slightly. Probably when she
didn't make the wall the first time.

Poor Maya. Purrs for her lip to heal soon. Soothing purrs for you all, what
a scary situation.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 27th 03, 04:56 AM

John Biltz wrote:

It looks like Maya busted her lip open slightly. Probably when she
didn't make the wall the first time.

Poor kitty! Hope she heals soon.

Joyce
Old December 27th 03, 06:34 AM
LOL

John Biltz wrote in message x.net...
0730 the cats were outside enjoying the morning sun happy with life when
disaster struck in the form of a huge dog trailing a leash.

(snipped)

Oh my, we send purrs to your furries, hoping everyone is calmed down
and okay by now.

------
Krista

PS: Mike, another d*g-chaser, sends cheers to Maya!
Old December 27th 03, 07:10 AM
Christine Burel

"John Biltz" wrote in message
.net...

purrs for all your nerves and here's hoping Maya will recover from her
trauma without any ill effects.
Christine

Old December 27th 03, 12:04 PM
jmcquown

John Biltz wrote:
0730 the cats were outside enjoying the morning sun happy with life
when disaster struck in the form of a huge dog trailing a leash.

The only good thing I can say about this is, "trailing a leash". Sometimes
dogs do get away from their masters. At least they were trying to restrain
the dog at some point.

Glad your kitties are okay, after all is said and done.

Jill