Hi =^..^=

Old January 28th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default Hi =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"Steve Touchstone"

wrote:

Hi
I'm new here, and was e-mailed by someone here, and invited me to share my
story with you. She said you were lovely people.
My husband and I are owned and operated by 4 indoor cats, all netutred.

Welcome coming from the Touchstone clowder here in Oklahoma.

Hi Steve

I'm
Steve, 53 retired Army sergeant and local crazy cat dude who feeds all
the neighborhood cats. My crew are all inside only girl kitties and a
couple cockatiels. Around 8 years ago I let a little pregnant cat
inside to warm up during a ice storm. That cat became Little Bit, and
I kept one of her kittens, Sammy.

My next cat was the top tom cat in the little colony that used to be
in the neighborhood. I fed him for several years, and eventually he
decided to retire and become mine. He had several names over the
years, from "the mostly white tom cat" to "whitey" and once he adopted
me he became Rocky. Before I moved here a couple different old timers
in the neighborhood has an informal TNR program going on, and there
were only about 5 ferals left. Rocky was the only unneutered tom
because he was very VERY trap wise. Sadly, Rocky died way too soon
after he became my cat.

Last year Spotty arrived on my patio one day just before a
thunderstorm. She was emaciated, ears full of mites, and had four
kittens who were pretty much weaned. Found homes for the little ones,
but by the time Spotty was back in good health she was one of the
family.

Last two are rescues from this year. Just before the weather turned
cold a stray had a litter on the roof where I work. Nobody ever saw
more than one kitten, and now momma is Princess and the kitten is
Furby. Furby is the only one who has yet to be spayed, but that will
change once she's a little older.

you can check out pix at
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ve_touchstone/

and there's a few videos at http://www.youtube.com/SteveTouchstone

We
lost our beloved cat Mutt, who 'went home' at age 19 on Dec 9, 2007.

snip

Sorry to hear about your loss. Someone else already mentioned the
Rainbow Bridge. I had never heard the poem before I joined this group.
Here's a couple links http://www.homeranimals.com/rainbow.htm or
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html for an animated version
is always brings a tear to my eyes.

It makes me cry as well...
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Thank you for your stories, wonderful Cat stories..bless your heart.
I loved your site
Hugs and purrs
Kyla%b

Old January 28th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
Hi
I'm new here, and was e-mailed by someone here, and invited me to
share my story with you. She said you were lovely people.
My husband and I are owned and operated by 4 indoor cats, all
netutred. We lost our beloved cat Mutt, who 'went home' at age 19 on
Dec 9, 2007. He came into our lives when he was less than a year
old. He was a polydactyl, (6 toed) who had a purr you could hear 3
rooms away. He was slowly withering away, and we spent the last 2
days of his wonderful life with him on our big bed, and we told him
it was okay to just go take a nap, and wake up in fields of catnip,
where all his other friends would be waiting for him...bless his
heart, I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned to check
on him, he's 'gone home' on his own...he was always thoughtful, and
we miss him so much. I DO believe he gave our other 2 boy cats
instructions to take care of us when he left, and they''e been doing
just that. Drat, now I'm weeping again...it's hard...ahem..we had many
long
conversations over the years. But, he was so funny when he was
younger and, he could say the work "Milk?"
He loved it ice cold..I'd warmed it one day and he threw me this
'face'..like 'ICE cold mom'..
He would stand in his big bowl of dry food and being with 6 toes, we
knew he was finished when he would throw a stuck-in-paw piece of food
against the wall!.
He didn't like catnip...strange, but he was happy...
Anyhooooo...kitties are the most appealing creatures on God's
earth...
When you call a dog, it comes
When you call a cat, it'll take a message and get back to ya

Purrs
Kyla%b
BTW, In case you're wondering, I'll be 63 in April and am a 'crazy ol
cat lady' LOL
Who lives near Seattle

Kyla

Hi Kyla, welcome to the group.

Thank you so much
Hugs and purrs
Kyla

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 28th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Since you missed this the first time, I'm reposting it...

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Hi
I'm new here, and was e-mailed by someone here, and invited me to share my
story with you. She said you were lovely people.

Welcome! Loved hearing about Mutt. (But I'm sorry it's still hard for
you.) How about your other cats?

I'm owned by 3:

Smudge - female, 11 years old, grey and white longhair, loud,
demanding, very loyal and a bit dog-like. Loves to go outdoors.
We often take walks together around the neighborhood. (No leash!
She just trots behind me.)

Roxy - female, 10 y/o, brown stripey with white underneath, very
cute and pretty, Zen personality, hardly ever gets ruffled,
affectionate, still very playful, useless as a hunter. Has
feline herpes, so indoor-only.

Licorice (Licky) - male, 5 y/o, mostly black with white underneath,
very sleek, elegant and handsome, also a scaredy-cat, dives under
the bed when someone comes over, but LOVES to be petted and has
a very loud purr.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 28th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"LesleyM
Kyla =^..^= wrote:

BTW, In case you're wondering, I'll be 63 in April and am a 'crazy ol cat
lady' LOL
Who lives near Seattle

Welcome to another crazy ol cat lady- we're all crazy ol' cat ladies in
here
even the men!

LOL, looks that way

I'm Lesley from London, UK and owner by two black sisters aged 4- they'll
be 5 in April- if they don't get lynched first!

Ahhhhh, I know just what you mean...LOL

Well the cat most likely to get lynched is Sarrasine AKA Sarsi AKA "Get
off
that now you little.....(insert various rude words in here)". A punk rock
loving kitten with a serious attitude problem and plans for World
domination

My sleek black panther looking 3 year old cat Pookie, a neutered male,
demands attention and when he doesn't get it, he'll go onto my nightstand
and throw things off.....he sounds alot like your Sarrasine

Her sister, Redunzel AKA Dunzi is just a laid back hippy who loves DaNip
and
her hobbies include meditation, contemplation of the infinite and
attacking
the greeblings that live in the TP

LOL...my other cats love DaNip as well...
I'm inclined to think that cats plot things while we're asleep...

Both will kill for ham!

Mine don't like ham....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Meows
Kyla

Old January 28th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
bastXXXette wrote in message
Since you missed this the first time, I'm reposting it...

I saw it, then my computer went on the fitz and I didn't reply..sorry

Kyla =^..^=
Hi
I'm new here, and was e-mailed by someone here, and invited me to share
my
story with you. She said you were lovely people.

Welcome!

Thank you

Loved hearing about Mutt. (But I'm sorry it's still hard for
you.)

Thank you..it IS still hard, and we miss him so much...

How about your other cats?

We have 4 other cats, Mosey aka FuzzFace, who will be 6, who is very lovey
and funny.
Pookie a black panther looking cat age 3, who got his sister Sqweez age 4,
a long hair snob, pregnant, and Pipps, age 2, their daughter who is a real
pistol with a funny sense of humor ...they're all indoor cats.

I'm owned by 3:

Smudge - female, 11 years old, grey and white longhair, loud,
demanding, very loyal and a bit dog-like. Loves to go outdoors.
We often take walks together around the neighborhood. (No leash!
She just trots behind me.)

Roxy - female, 10 y/o, brown stripey with white underneath, very
cute and pretty, Zen personality, hardly ever gets ruffled,
affectionate, still very playful, useless as a hunter. Has
feline herpes, so indoor-only.

Licorice (Licky) - male, 5 y/o, mostly black with white underneath,
very sleek, elegant and handsome, also a scaredy-cat, dives under
the bed when someone comes over, but LOVES to be petted and has
a very loud purr.

Joyce

They sound like lots of fun...thanx for the welcome and for sharing
Purs and hugs
Kyla

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old January 29th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
[...]

Howdy, neighbor, and welcome to RPCA. I'm Sam in Kent, WA with my dear
wife (DW) of 38 years, one feline (Mistletoe - 9YO DSH dilute tortie),
and one canine (Rex - ?YO nearly full blooded Pomeranian).

I think you'll find this a great bunch of folks and cats.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 29th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"Matthew"

"Kyla =^..^="
"Matthew"
Welcome Kyla

Thank you Matthew

I am Matthew I am proudly owned by a six pack which one the youngest is
a prodactyl.

Awwwww prodactyl are also known as Hemingway cats because Ernest
Hemingway loved those 6 toed Cats

Yeppie been there beautifuk house and furballs

LOL...and I wonder how many litterboxes Hemingway had

I love near Orlando Florida

Is it warm there??? I live near Seattle and it is snowing and freezing
here...

it has been anwhere from 33 to 81 for the last couple weeks

Wow, some weather change there...

I am sorry for your loss Little over 2 years ago a Himalayan named
precious joined the others at the rainbow bridge

Ohhhhhh, thank you..I am so sorry for YOUR loss..we had a Himalayan back
in 1976 named Capt Nemo, who had a very wonderful personality. He was so
funny.
He is in Rainbow Bridge too. He was struck by a car while chasing a
squirrel across the street. All those years ago, and I still miss him...
Well, be comfortated by the fact that all our kitties are at Rainbow
Bridge
HUGS and purrs
Kyla%b

. ..

Old January 29th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"sam"

Howdy, neighbor, and welcome to RPCA.

In my Brenda The Closer voice

Thank yeeeeeew

I'm Sam in Kent, WA

No way, I'm in Kent Wa too..whoah, we really ARE neighbors.

with my dear wife (DW) of 38 years,

That's great My dear hubby and I have been married for 31 years
Hmmm, his initials are DW too...he looks like the late Jerry Garcia.

one feline (Mistletoe - 9YO DSH dilute tortie), and one canine (Rex - ?YO
nearly full blooded Pomeranian).

grins

I think you'll find this a great bunch of folks and cats.

It is a great place to be Flippy told me about this fun place and it is

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Well, neighbor, maybe we'll we'll run into each other...who knows?
Meow
Kyla%b
Kyla%b

Old January 29th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

In my Brenda The Closer voice

Thank yeeeeeew

I'm Sam in Kent, WA

No way, I'm in Kent Wa too..whoah, we really ARE neighbors.

Where is Kent? Is it near Olympia, or Tacoma? I've been to Seattle a
few times and remember seeing signs for Kent, but I've never gone there.

Seattle is my second favorite part of the USA. (The SF Bay Area, where
I live, being my favorite.)

Are you originally from the PNW? With that Brenda voice and all?

Joyce
Old January 29th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

My sleek black panther looking 3 year old cat Pookie, a neutered male,
demands attention and when he doesn't get it, he'll go onto my nightstand
and throw things off.....he sounds alot like your Sarrasine

She resorts to bapping you in the head if she wants attention and if that
fails, there's always the nightstand.....sounds a lot like your Pookie