Judge David Young

Old January 31st 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Judge David Young

On today's show a woman was suing a taxidermist for botching a job of
freeze-drying her dead cat. She wanted the cat's heart returned to her
so she could make it into a pendant. The judge awarded her $2,000 for
pain and suffering. He was very sympathetic but wouldn't it have been
better to suggest saving another cat from a shelter. Her cat has been
dead for over a year. She will probably obsess over the stuffed body
of her dead cat for the rest of her life.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old January 31st 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

How long the cat has been dead has nothing to do with how long the pain of
loss lasts. However, I believe in giving the body up to earth, air sky,
whatever and allowing it to go to the Rainbow Bridge. Wearing the cats
heart as a pendant freaks me out and, at my ago that takes a lot.

Old January 31st 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I can only speak about a loss of dog (thank god) but scooter dog had been as
close to my husband who was a paraplegic and bedridden mostly, for the last
two years of his life. When Bob died, we cremated him as he wished. When
Scooter dog died, I did the same and scattered her ashes where his were.
Will do the same with Piglet (cat) when, many years down the road, she
leaves for the bridge. She too laid on the bed with him most of those two
years. They would take turns, with my sons dog Maggie, and between the
three of them, the last three weeks of his life, he was NEVER alone in his
room. Friends said it looked like the changing of the guard they way the
animals did it.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 11:19 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
On today's show a woman was suing a taxidermist for botching a job of
freeze-drying her dead cat. She wanted the cat's heart returned to her
so she could make it into a pendant. The judge awarded her $2,000 for
pain and suffering. He was very sympathetic but wouldn't it have been
better to suggest saving another cat from a shelter. Her cat has been
dead for over a year. She will probably obsess over the stuffed body
of her dead cat for the rest of her life.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Well, no figuring out what other hoomins do in their grief...but I
would hope
she would have recovered somewhat in over a year since her kitty's
passing.
Its heart in a pendant? My grief actions (like the chosen people's
mandate:
into the ground immediately, with no body parts saved) are to bury
beloved
cats in either my backyard (FL) or in a relative's here in MileHigh,
since
I have no backyard....and the garbage solution is totally out of the
question,
period.....but the heart/pendant idea I find grody gruesome. My
wildest
grief keepsake is a paper-mache cat figurine on my dresser with a few
claws
and cream flamepoint fur tufts from dear DurDur who went to bridge
12/97.
What does everyone else do when you lose one? Petloss.com has a
memorial link where grievers can make online memorials to their
babies;
I have several there myself.

Old February 1st 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

I SO totally agree with you Granby....
Puuuuuuuurs
Kyla%b

"Granby"

Old February 1st 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

hopitus wrote:
What does everyone else do when you lose one?

I had both Nikki and Frank cremated, and scattered their ashes under a
wild rosebush on their beloved island. I kept a little of Frank's ashes
and put them in a little container (actually one of those small
cylinders that you can put a scrap of paper with the pet's contact
information in and attach to their collar) that I wear around my neck.

Old February 1st 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 31, 11:50*am, hopitus wrote:

What does everyone else do when you lose one?

Make a donation to CPL (For Fugazi) and PDSA (for Isis) in their
memory. (I don't have anywhere to bury them and I wasn't keen on the
idea of cremation and having their ashes back so I asked the vet to
deal with the empty shells they'd left behind)

I have a little shrine in the bedroom wiht pictures of them (as well
as other people I have loved and lost) and candles. Also on our
kitchen windowsill since Xmas (present from my neice) I have three
red and gold hand painted cat photo holders and I have a picture of
each cat in one so I say "Good morning" to them every day

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 1st 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 11:19 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:

What does everyone else do when you lose one?

I've not lost a cat yet because I've only had them a few years. Most of my
dogs are buried in my garden. I have each grave outlined with a tiny fence
and have planted snowdrops, crocuses, various bulbs on each one. A couple
have mini-rose bushes on, and there is a life-size whippet statue among the
graves.
I had to have 3 cremated because it wasn't possible to bury them at the time
for various reasons. I have wooden urns with their ashes in. Trim's urn
was beautiful, wonderfully carved and she sits here in my living room with
me. The other two urns were so ugly I put them in my wardrobe. I will bury
them one day alongside their siblings and mother.
When the time comes for either of my kitties, they will be buried here,
alongside my whippets. Kitty knew all my whippets while she was living in
my garden but the only one that would not kill her on sight was Minnie.
When Minnie was old, a little black/white tuxedo kitty would appear whenever
she was outside alone (but not without me, of course) and wind round her
legs. They got fond of each other, so when Kitty's time comes she will go
alongside Minnie.
Burial is not an option for those who live in apartments, I realise that.

Just make sure your pet is being individually cremated if you want the ashes
back. I hadn't been told that joint cremations go on, and that my Trim's
ashes may not be all hers. I found it out later.
There's some of her in there, I'm sure, but no excuse for not telling me.
First and only time I nearly fell out with my vet. They took it on board
and now insist - from the people that do it for them - that they only do
individual cremations.

Tweed

Old February 1st 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

---MIKE--- wrote:

On today's show a woman was suing a taxidermist for botching a job of
freeze-drying her dead cat. She wanted the cat's heart returned to her
so she could make it into a pendant. The judge awarded her $2,000 for
pain and suffering. He was very sympathetic but wouldn't it have been
better to suggest saving another cat from a shelter. Her cat has been
dead for over a year. She will probably obsess over the stuffed body
of her dead cat for the rest of her life.

I admit to finding such an obsession ghoulish in the
extreme, but I question the sanity of the judge even more!
Old February 2nd 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

When Ike disappeared (about ten years ago) I had one of his photos blown
up to poster size. I have this hanging in my bedroom and I say
goodnight to him every night. I also went right to a shelter and picked
out Tiger.

Old February 2nd 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Here is a picture of Ike's poster.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=1&re s=high