My Other Baby (Peaches)

Old August 30th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My Other Baby (Peaches)

Just an FYI, Peaches (the Fischer lovebird) is doing fine in my brother's
care. He's not a stranger to birds but he's used to parakeets, not parrots.
And lovebirds are most definitely parrots, albeit small ones

When we spoke last weekend he said she was going through a fussy phase.
She'd eat the heck out of some fresh kale or spinach one week then turn her
beak up the next. Ditto broccoli florets... started off not interested then
suddenly they were the best thing since sliced bread. LOL One week she'd
chow down on slices of apple (she's very picky about them, they must be Fuji
or Gala apples otherwise she won't bother), then she'd ignore them. Heh,
that's normal. Who wants to eat the same thing all the time?

She doesn't appear to be missing Persia (or me). Persia doesn't seem to
miss her, either. This is probably because they didn't pay much attention
to each other to begin with. There's only one time I know of that Persia
really missed Peaches. They were both being boarded. Someone left the door
to the cat room ajar while cleaning Persia's kennel. She escaped and went
looking for Peaches. It was merely to assure herself she wasn't the only
one stuck in that place

I miss Peaches But it's nice to know she's healthy, and happy, not
pining away for me or Persia. Frankly, with everything else going on it's a
relief not to have to worry about her, too.

Jill

Old August 30th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Jill, I was kinda wondering about Peaches. So,
I'm glad to hear she is doing well. She seems to
be getting very good care at your brother's. I'm
also glad that you were able to have Persia with
you. God bless.

Lily & her mama

. ..

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 30th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 30, 11:54 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

I was wondering how she is doing. It is good to hear that she is
healthy and in good hands. If she lived near us, she could send any
apples she wouldn't eat to Buddy. Buddy loves apples. And almost any
other foods.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 30th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Will in New Haven"
On Aug 30, 11:54 am, "jmcquown"
[...]

Boy, I'm really out of the loop.
I didn't know Peaches was a bird. I thought Peaches was a kitty.
Silly me. DUH!!
Be well Jill My clowder is purring for you.

Could someone please send PamS , Jill, and CatNipped a copy
of my post 'You are Special' as I think I'm in their KF's?
Thanks so much
Hugs to all
Kyla

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 30th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I'm glad Miss Peaches is happy and well-taken care of.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 31st 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"Will in New Haven"

On Aug 30, 11:54 am, "jmcquown"
[...]

End-runs around kill-files, no matter how well-intenioned as I know
yours is, are always taken badly.

--
Will in New Haven
Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
Old August 31st 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"Will in New Haven"
Could someone please send PamS , Jill, and CatNipped a copy
of my post 'You are Special' as I think I'm in their KF's?
Thanks so much
Hugs to all
Kyla

End-runs around kill-files, no matter how well-intenioned as I know
yours is, are always taken badly.

No kidding!

Jill
Old August 31st 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

Boy, I'm really out of the loop.
I didn't know Peaches was a bird. I thought Peaches was a kitty.
Silly me. DUH!!
Be well Jill My clowder is purring for you.

Could someone please send PamS , Jill, and CatNipped a copy
of my post 'You are Special' as I think I'm in their KF's?
Thanks so much
Hugs to all
Kyla

End-runs around kill-files, no matter how well-intenioned as I know
yours is, are always taken badly.

Thank you Will. I would have taken it badly.

Pam S.

Old August 31st 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yes, with the health problems you have had, its probably a blessing
that Peaches didn't make the trip with you.

And it sounds like your brother is doing fine with her, especially if
he is providing her with enough things she feels she can turn her
beak up at them.

Sounds as if she is good for him, at least for now.

I do hope that you are doing well, and healing up. Sucks to know how
to cook all sorts of lovely things you can't eat. And I'd guess its
no help at all that you need to be tempting your mother's appetite
with things you can't have yourself.

I've thought of you several times as I've been carefully peeling the
lovely tomatoes I've grown. I can't eat them if I don't peel them,
and have to limit eating them even them. I remind myself to be
grateful I can have them al all.

Jo

Old August 31st 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Kyla, I hate to break this to you but, if you are in anyone's KF, that means
they don't, for whatever reason want to hear from you. Sending a message as
you asked could get someone else who was just trying to be nice added to
that KF.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"Will in New Haven"

On Aug 30, 11:54 am, "jmcquown"
[...]

Psst! Don't tell Peaches.... Jane Cat anecdotes 0 October 2nd 07 05:15 PM
Further Peaches Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 July 19th 05 03:48 PM
Peaches Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 July 12th 05 12:47 PM
Purrs for Peaches jmcquown Cat anecdotes 21 July 12th 05 04:00 AM
Persia and Peaches jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 December 25th 03 07:32 PM