My Other Baby (Peaches)

Old August 31st 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default My Other Baby (Peaches)

Will, I belong to the DUH club too. I thought Peaches was a cat all this
time.
"Granby" wrote in message
Kyla, I hate to break this to you but, if you are in anyone's KF, that
means they don't, for whatever reason want to hear from you. Sending a
message as you asked could get someone else who was just trying to be nice
added to that KF.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"Will in New Haven"

On Aug 30, 11:54 am, "jmcquown"
Just an FYI, Peaches (the Fischer lovebird) is doing fine in my
brother's
care. He's not a stranger to birds but he's used to parakeets, not
parrots.
And lovebirds are most definitely parrots, albeit small ones

When we spoke last weekend he said she was going through a fussy
phase.
She'd eat the heck out of some fresh kale or spinach one week then
turn
her
beak up the next. Ditto broccoli florets... started off not
interested
then
suddenly they were the best thing since sliced bread. LOL One week
she'd
chow down on slices of apple (she's very picky about them, they must
be
Fuji
or Gala apples otherwise she won't bother), then she'd ignore them.
Heh,
that's normal. Who wants to eat the same thing all the time?

She doesn't appear to be missing Persia (or me). Persia doesn't seem
miss her, either. This is probably because they didn't pay much
attention
to each other to begin with. There's only one time I know of that
Persia
really missed Peaches. They were both being boarded. Someone left
the
door
to the cat room ajar while cleaning Persia's kennel. She escaped and
went
looking for Peaches. It was merely to assure herself she wasn't the
only
one stuck in that place

I miss Peaches But it's nice to know she's healthy, and happy,
not
pining away for me or Persia. Frankly, with everything else going on
it's a
relief not to have to worry about her, too.

I was wondering how she is doing. It is good to hear that she is
healthy and in good hands. If she lived near us, she could send any
apples she wouldn't eat to Buddy. Buddy loves apples. And almost any
other foods.

Boy, I'm really out of the loop.
I didn't know Peaches was a bird. I thought Peaches was a kitty.
Silly me. DUH!!
Be well Jill My clowder is purring for you.

Could someone please send PamS , Jill, and CatNipped a copy
of my post 'You are Special' as I think I'm in their KF's?
Thanks so much
Hugs to all
Kyla

End-runs around kill-files, no matter how well-intenioned as I know
yours is, are always taken badly.

--
Will in New Haven
Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.

Old August 31st 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Just an FYI, Peaches (the Fischer lovebird) is doing fine in my
brother's care. He's not a stranger to birds but he's used to
parakeets, not parrots. And lovebirds are most definitely parrots,
albeit small ones

I miss Peaches But it's nice to know she's healthy, and happy,
not pining away for me or Persia. Frankly, with everything else
going on it's a relief not to have to worry about her, too.

Jill

Yes, with the health problems you have had, its probably a blessing
that Peaches didn't make the trip with you.

But if Peaches had been here, too, Persia may not have stayed under the bed
for a week

I've thought of you several times as I've been carefully peeling the
lovely tomatoes I've grown. I can't eat them if I don't peel them,
and have to limit eating them even them. I remind myself to be
grateful I can have them al all.

Jo

Thanks! I haven't been buying tomatoes (or even jarred spaghetti sauce)
because I can't be bothered running them through a food mill to remove the
seeds. I know, I know, no one seems to know are are seeds bad or good.
Makes perfect sense to me that they'd get stuck in the diverticuli and cause
problems for someone like me. So if I want tomato-ey something I just
doctor up plain ol' smooth canned tomato sauce

Jill

Old August 31st 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I know the feeling. Its a good thing I have tomatoes to waste. I try
to get the seeds out in addition to peeling them. That usually
involves eating them standing over the sink with a paring knife and
peeling, the slicing off the seedless flesh and it gets pretty messy.

Right now I have a huge bowl of ripe tomatoes. And still can't locate
the food mill.

Guess its time to remind Charlie how expensive those gadgets are and
threaten to buy a new one. (He has a nasty habit of putting things
'away' where I can't find or reach them)

Jo

Old August 31st 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"hopitus"...
On Aug 30, 5:32 pm, Will in New Haven
wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:06 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :

"Will in New Haven"

Boy, I'm really out of the loop.
I didn't know Peaches was a bird. I thought Peaches was a kitty.
Silly me. DUH!!
Be well Jill My clowder is purring for you.

Could someone please send PamS , Jill, and CatNipped a copy
of my post 'You are Special' as I think I'm in their KF's?
Thanks so much
Hugs to all
Kyla

End-runs around kill-files, no matter how well-intenioned as I know
yours is, are always taken badly.

Huh? I don't have any of them in MY killfile.

--
Will in New Haven
Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

OT
Heh..I like Jill and Persia although not fond of - to put it mildly -
avians generally, but I always knew Peaches was a bird. All this time I
have
stayed in wonderment that Persia hasn't figured out a way to have her
for a snack....
Will, you have posted a gem of wisdom here, providing "end-run" is in
the intended vocabulary, highly unlikely.

Ah, I see what you mean Thanks. No one from here is in 'my' killfile,
except for the long gone t***ls

If the Broncos are in *your* vocabulary, have a strong purr for them
when
they take on the Raiders soon in "back-to-back" tv games. They are
even worse than last year (injuries, loss of former PK,RB,TE and WRs.
They
need any purrs they can get these days. Shanahan looks like stroke
material in the preseason losses.

GO Broncos Wonder if they'll ever play the Seahawks?
Kyla

Old August 31st 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
Just an FYI, Peaches (the Fischer lovebird) is doing fine in my
brother's care. He's not a stranger to birds but he's used to
parakeets, not parrots. And lovebirds are most definitely parrots,
albeit small ones

When we spoke last weekend he said she was going through a fussy phase.
She'd eat the heck out of some fresh kale or spinach one week then turn
her beak up the next. Ditto broccoli florets... started off not
interested then suddenly they were the best thing since sliced bread.
LOL One week she'd chow down on slices of apple (she's very picky about
them, they must be Fuji or Gala apples otherwise she won't bother), then
she'd ignore them. Heh, that's normal. Who wants to eat the same thing
all the time?

She doesn't appear to be missing Persia (or me). Persia doesn't seem to
miss her, either. This is probably because they didn't pay much
attention to each other to begin with. There's only one time I know of
that Persia really missed Peaches. They were both being boarded.
Someone left the door to the cat room ajar while cleaning Persia's
kennel. She escaped and went looking for Peaches. It was merely to
assure herself she wasn't the only one stuck in that place

I miss Peaches But it's nice to know she's healthy, and happy, not
pining away for me or Persia. Frankly, with everything else going on
it's a relief not to have to worry about her, too.

Jill

Glad to hear that Peaches is faring nicely in your absence.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 1st 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 31, 12:32 am, "Granby" wrote:
Will, I belong to the DUH club too. I thought Peaches was a cat all this
time."Granby"

I guess I always knew she was a lovebird. In fact, I thought it odd
that she wasn't a Peach-faced lovebird, with that name. And that
Persia isn't a Persian. But Bear is in fact not a bear, so who am I to
comment, even though I do. And I named a black puppy with a prominant
white snowball on her chest Snowball. She spent the next sixteen years
growing around that white spot and making it more and more
inconspicous. To spite me. She had quite a sense of humor. And people
thought Feather was a wierd name for a cat, although neither Feather
nor I minded.

--
Will in New Haven
“If you don’t see the mouse at the table in the first few minutes,

Old September 1st 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Aug 31, 12:32 am, "Granby" wrote:
Will, I belong to the DUH club too. I thought Peaches was a cat all
this time."Granby"

I guess I always knew she was a lovebird. In fact, I thought it odd
that she wasn't a Peach-faced lovebird, with that name. And that
Persia isn't a Persian.

Peaches has a lot of peachy feathers, though And Persia told me her
name, who was I to argue?

Jill

Old September 1st 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 1, 8:01 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote: On Aug 31, 12:32 am, "Granby" wrote:
Will, I belong to the DUH club too. I thought Peaches was a cat all
this time."Granby"

I guess I always knew she was a lovebird. In fact, I thought it odd
that she wasn't a Peach-faced lovebird, with that name. And that
Persia isn't a Persian.

Peaches has a lot of peachy feathers, though And Persia told me her
name, who was I to argue?

I wasn't complaining. Oddly enough, I am about to reread (that it is
in my "to be reread soon" pile) _Adam's Task_ by Vicki Hearne, where
she writes about naming animals. I am just finishing _Animal
Happiness_ by the same author, so I will probably read one other book
in between.

--
Will in New Haven
"You can fool everyone else in this badwater town. But you can't fool

Old September 1st 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 1, 11:10 am, hopitus wrote:
On Sep 1, 8:58 am, Will in New Haven
wrote:

[...]

You continue to surprise me. You read a whole lot more than I do
AFA books, fiction, etc. but we are all SBS (and Squidward) devotees.
However, I couldn't quote anyone except Plankton.

We keep the Cartoon Network on in the living room when no one is home,
so that the parrots will get a good education. I have it on right now
because SpongeBob is one of the best things on TV. My quote was just
what Squidward happened to say right at that moment. I'm saving it in
my quotes collection, though.

Plankton is a great, although microscopic, villain. And Patrick is one
of my heros.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 30, 11:54*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Just an FYI, Peaches (the Fischer lovebird) is doing fine in my brother's
care. *He's not a stranger to birds but he's used to parakeets, not parrots.
And lovebirds are most definitely parrots, albeit small ones

snip....
Jill

I'm so glad to hear that Peaches is doing well! I think of her often
when I read your posts. Thanks for the update.

Debbie

Psst! Don't tell Peaches.... Jane Cat anecdotes 0 October 2nd 07 05:15 PM
Further Peaches Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 July 19th 05 03:48 PM
Peaches Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 July 12th 05 12:47 PM
Purrs for Peaches jmcquown Cat anecdotes 21 July 12th 05 04:00 AM
Persia and Peaches jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 December 25th 03 07:32 PM